Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; No running game is a problem. No pass protection is a problem. The Saints coaches probably know this. Lets hope they have a rabbit up their sleeve....

Like Tree52Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #51
Sac-A-Lait
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 254
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

No running game is a problem.

No pass protection is a problem.

The Saints coaches probably know this.

Lets hope they have a rabbit up their sleeve.
nutria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 PM   #52
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,231
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Its encouraging that the improvement is at nearly every position

DE's look better than last year with Edebali, Tull and Gwatchum improving
The DT's look phenomenally better with Fairley, Davison, Rankins and even Jenkins looking solid

The LBs? Wow, we can actually cover now, and we have speed. Whens the last time speed and Saints LB"s were used in the same sentence?

The CB's... may actually be the strength of our Defense. Wow, did I just say that?

The safeties look as strong and deep as anytime I can remember. I think our final cut at safety could probably start on numerous teams.

Disclaimer... YES, WE ALL KNOW ITS ONLY PRE-SEASON so give it a rest already.
Question for you? Is it looking better because our O is sputtering without a good run game making things one dimentional? I didn't think they were a ball of fire in the Texans game and thats with joint practice for a few days, just my opionion.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #53
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 365
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
So you admit that you don't care what statistics say, but then follow it with faulty statistics.

We were rarely down by more than a score or two so the whole garbage points argument is severely flawed.

How many games were we down 35 points and put up a ton of garbage points? Uhh, none. "Get out of here with that BS!!"

Bring something relevant or STFU. When you're buried in a hole, quit digging.
Danno, from one fan to the next...learn how to humble yourself. Dude, there's a reason why every analyst is saying that our Offensive Line needs to be fixed. There is a reason why The Saints are still being attached to every rumor regarding this Leary guy in Dallas. If Strief is as good as you say, then we wouldn't shade Tight Ends and Backs to his side to chip the defenders before they come at Strief. One more thing, I wont be disrespected but if you feel the need to curse me send me a private message. Then lets see what you have to say.
WhoDatFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:43 AM   #54
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,891
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by WhoDatFan26 View Post
Danno, from one fan to the next...learn how to humble yourself. Dude, there's a reason why every analyst is saying that our Offensive Line needs to be fixed. There is a reason why The Saints are still being attached to every rumor regarding this Leary guy in Dallas. If Strief is as good as you say, then we wouldn't shade Tight Ends and Backs to his side to chip the defenders before they come at Strief. One more thing, I wont be disrespected but if you feel the need to curse me send me a private message. Then lets see what you have to say.
Humble myself? From the guy who said "get over yourself" hmmm ok

Don't change the discussion. Yes our Oline looks bad, but that's not the same as saying strief sucked for the last two years. OG is the main culprit for the line problems. It's why we're trying an OT at LG
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #55
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,459
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

I think we all agree that the OLine needs improvement. At this time, only Armstead and Unger are solid. Every other player and position is a question mark. Whether Strief is "done" or not is irrelevant - he may not be the best RT in the league, but he's serviceable and the best one on our team until someone else can beat him out. It was my opinion during FA and the draft that OLine was more of a priority than the skill positions, and now that neglect is showing on the field. I love Can't Guard Mike, and I'm glad we have him, but what good will it do if Drew doesn't have the time to get the ball to him? What good is Lasko if our line can't open running lanes? As much as I hate Dallas, they've done a good job of building a top notch OLine that they make their mediocre skill players look good. Our offensive dominance from 2006 - 2013 was mainly due to our Oline and all of the options it gave Drew to make changes at the LOS if needed. "The game is won in the trenches"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Danno likes this.
44Champs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #56
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,621
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Coach Cliche here, "There is no tomorrow" "You can't coach that" "Our backs are against the wall" "Teamwork makes the Dream work" "He's not fast, he's quick" "It is what it is" last but not least "We have to get UN-tracked"
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #57
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,497
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Maybe the Saints should work on luring Aaron Kromer back.
Utah_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #58
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,170
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
So you admit that you don't care what statistics say, but then follow it with faulty statistics.

We were rarely down by more than a score or two so the whole garbage points argument is severely flawed.

How many games were we down 35 points and put up a ton of garbage points? Uhh, none. "Get out of here with that BS!!"

Bring something relevant or STFU. When you're buried in a hole, quit digging.
Give up, Danno. The guy obviously doesn't let facts stand in the way of a flawed viewpoint.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #59
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,150
Blog Entries: 5
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by WhoDatFan26 View Post
Strief has been done since 2013. I don't care what statistic say. According to Statistics the offense was just as explosive last year as it was in the previous 2 years. Do you believe that also? I can throw for 500 yards after being down 35 and lose by 7, does that make it close? Get out of here with that BS!! Can you honestly say that watching Strief the last 2 years, you feel that he is as good as they statistically say he is? Seriously?!
I think he's over the hill a bit, and I'm leading the 'stats' parade, meaning I agree with you in that stats can be misleading. But I do think you're a bit over the top with your assessment. Strief isn't even the biggest problem on the o-line at this time, so to call him 'done' just doesn't ring true to me.
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #60
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Re: NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
Coach Cliche here, "There is no tomorrow" "You can't coach that" "Our backs are against the wall" "Teamwork makes the Dream work" "He's not fast, he's quick" "It is what it is" last but not least "We have to get UN-tracked"
Teamwork makes the Dream work"



dont ever say that in public,never,ever again..just dont

(where the hell are the editing tools so I can convey i'm not being mean? I dont see anything above for bold,coloring,smileys etc)
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79308-no-sugar-coating-saints-o-line-terrible.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
NO SUGAR-COATING IT: Saints O-Line is TERRIBLE This thread Refback 08-21-2016 08:54 PM 4
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-21-2016 05:58 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts