Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints picked to go 4-12

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Earlier this week I predicted the New Orleans Saints to finish 7-9 for the third straight year as I mocked their schedule week-by-week. The NFL Nation reporters for New Orleans’ opponents weren’t quite as generous, though. View from the other ...

Like Tree7Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,108
Saints picked to go 4-12

Earlier this week I predicted the New Orleans Saints to finish 7-9 for the third straight year as I mocked their schedule week-by-week. The NFL Nation reporters for New Orleans’ opponents weren’t quite as generous, though.

View from the other sidelines: New Orleans Saints picked to go 4-12 - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,172
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

Makes sense. They don't know anyone on our team. We have a ton of young talent that no one knows about.

They probably still think we have the same players that finished with the worst defense in NFL history a couple of years ago. We didn't add any splash players in free agency and our #1 draft pick is out for the 1st 8 weeks.

It does kinda suprise me that they didn't really do their homework.
We're as good or better than everyone on our schedule except Zona, KC, Carolina (debatable), Seattle and Denver.

On paper I think we're at worst 8-8, at best 11-5.

What they aren't looking at...
Byrd looks healthy
Spiller looks healthy
Our D-line is much improved
Our pass rush is improved
Our LB's may be the most improved unit on the team
Our CB's, despite all the injuries look way better than last years group.
Our RB's look fantastic
Our WR's look great top to bottom
Our TE's are solid
Our O-line looks no worse than last year
Great punter.


The easily offended are easily manipulated
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,108
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

I don't know if any of this is right or makes sense, but I know that it is no more or less relevant than the article about how our oline was good and potentially great
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,487
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

NFL Network cronies were discussing the other day and said we don't have a good roster.

Saying the Raiders have a great roster but failing to mention anyone outside of Derek Carr and Kalil Mack.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,108
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Makes sense. They don't know anyone on our team. We have a ton of young talent that no one knows about.

They probably still think we have the same players that finished with the worst defense in NFL history a couple of years ago. We didn't add any splash players in free agency and our #1 draft pick is out for the 1st 8 weeks.

It does kinda suprise me that they didn't really do their homework.
We're as good or better than everyone on our schedule except Zona, KC, Carolina (debatable), Seattle and Denver.

On paper I think we're at worst 8-8, at best 11-5.

What they aren't looking at...
Byrd looks healthy
Spiller looks healthy
Our D-line is much improved
Our pass rush is improved
Our LB's may be the most improved unit on the team
Our CB's, despite all the injuries look way better than last years group.
Our RB's look fantastic
Our WR's look great top to bottom
Our TE's are solid
Our O-line looks no worse than last year
Great punter.
A lot hinges on our oline. If Jahri can be decent and Peat too then we might be okay nd be in the mix for a playoff spot. If not we could be 5-11 to 7-9. Scary thing to me is Armistead is still not healthy.. that's a problem
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,447
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

They said the Raiders have a great roster? Wow. They have three noteworthy players, and a few so-so guys. But because they are perceived to be getting better they are suddenly a great roster.
dizzle88 and K Major like this.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,487
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
They said the Raiders have a great roster? Wow. They have three noteworthy players, and a few so-so guys. But because they are perceived to be getting better they are suddenly a great roster.
Exactly, they were acting like the Raiders were the defending super bowl champs and we were the 2008 lions, ridiculous.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #8
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 440
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

I think we make a push for a wildcard birth at 9-7 . a few brakes and I wouldn't be surprised at 10-6.
darksoul35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #9
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,172
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

The Raiders lost 6 of their last 9 last year after starting off 4-3.

Brees>Carr
Cooks & Snead>Cooper & Crabtree
Fleener>Smith

They do have some talent, but they ain't exactly the Denver Broncos.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #10
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,108
Re: Saints picked to go 4-12

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The Raiders lost 6 of their last 9 last year after starting off 4-3.

Brees>Carr
Cooks & Snead>Cooper & Crabtree
Fleener>Smith

They do have some talent, but they ain't exactly the Denver Broncos.
Maybe but I hear the Raiders have the best oline in football
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79548-saints-picked-go-4-12-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints picked to go 4-12 This thread Refback 09-10-2016 04:21 PM 3
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-10-2016 03:28 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts