Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints Prospects: Louisville

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal Talking about prospects does not make one a pretend GM. A lot of people thought the team would draft Rankins in the first last year, and they did. It's not really hard to identify a certain ...

Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 04:49 PM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Talking about prospects does not make one a pretend GM. A lot of people thought the team would draft Rankins in the first last year, and they did. It's not really hard to identify a certain set of prospects whom we think the team might target, and then narrow it down as the draft approaches.

Nobody is pretending anything. It's called watching football, and trying to make an educated guess. I personally don't worry a whole lot about prospects this early in the year, but I don't mind that others want to do it. Neither should anyone else. You contribute nothing to the forum by not even stopping to think if these players being talked about could be potential draft targets. Instead you just do what you do, over and over again.

It's not a thread criticizing the team, which we all know how much you hate when people do that. It's a perfectly normal part of being a fan and talking about players. What is your problem with that?
Nothing if that is what it remains. But every year it turns into the same exercise for the Pretend GM's when the actual draft happen. They all ***** and moan when the front office doesn't follow their individual drafting strategy. Besides, these threads belong in the college forum, not in the Saints forum.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,024
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Nothing if that is what it remains. But every year it turns into the same exercise for the Pretend GM's when the actual draft happen. They all ***** and moan when the front office doesn't follow their individual drafting strategy. Besides, these threads belong in the college forum, not in the Saints forum.
It pertains to the Saints. It could go in either forum.

It would be one thing if this WERE the draft and you didn't like people's opinion on the draft. But that isn't happening here. You're nitpicking.

And maybe if the Saints had a better track record in drafting, people wouldn't doubt them so much. Maybe consider that, for a change.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Perhaps we just need a Pretend GM forum.
hagan714 likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,018
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Was reading about him in a mock draft the other day. Sounds a good player but a complete A-hole off the field.
There is only a handful of 21 yr olds that arnt. I would love Kelly.
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,018
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Perhaps we just need a Pretend GM forum.

Perhaps if you don't care about a thread you should scroll down.
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
Perhaps if you don't care about a thread you should scroll down.
I read every thread in the Saints forum. If this was in the college forum like it belonged it wouldn't be an issue. Or in the Pretend GM forum.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,024
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I read every thread in the Saints forum. If this was in the college forum like it belonged it wouldn't be an issue. Or in the Pretend GM forum.
You need to make your own forum for grouchy people. Now you think you can dictate what belongs in what thread? If people are talking about the Saints, including players they may draft, then it goes in the Saints forum.

But it's ridiculous that I should even explain it. You can very easily just hit the back button and move away from this thread, if you don't like it.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,562
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Perhaps we just need a Pretend GM forum.
Our pretend GM's may be better than our real GM.
K Major likes this.
NOLA54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by NOLA54 View Post
Our pretend GM's may be better than our real GM.
They think they are.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Saints Prospects: Louisville

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You need to make your own forum for grouchy people. Now you think you can dictate what belongs in what thread? If people are talking about the Saints, including players they may draft, then it goes in the Saints forum.

But it's ridiculous that I should even explain it. You can very easily just hit the back button and move away from this thread, if you don't like it.
Oh, I see. Pretend it isn't here.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79646-saints-prospects-louisville.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Saints Prospects: Louisville This thread Refback 09-18-2016 12:01 AM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-17-2016 03:57 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts