Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Where is Stephone Anthony??

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; We'll end up letting him go next year and resign JL to a longer extension because he is a "Payton guy". JL at this point reminds be of a worse Scott Shanle, looks even less athletic....

Like Tree85Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #41
Threaded by blackangold
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,497

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

We'll end up letting him go next year and resign JL to a longer extension because he is a "Payton guy". JL at this point reminds be of a worse Scott Shanle, looks even less athletic.
Views: 6824
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #42
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,736
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Seems like ever since we drafted Ingram, we started this regression of developing players...

Ingram, fine player, was a bust for the investment (first round pick AND a second round pick)...

He really didn't begin to have an impact until his contract year of his rookie contract period...

Two players I don't get that are not playing enough for us right now are Stephone Anthony (First round pick, plus we gave up Jimmy Graham (high value at time of trade) who did a fine job his rookie year; another is Vonn Bell who is not playing because of the contract investment in yet another FA bust, Jairus Byrd...

And in Bell's case we spent two draft picks to move up and get him; so because Byrd has finally decided to play we should sit Vonn Bell?!? Saints FO spent the picks to get him, play the young man, now!!!

And get Anthony on the field now!!!

I wasn't even a big fan of the two draft pics to get Onyemata, yet another project, who really needs to be able to play now, at the least, in a rotation to spell the loss of Rankins...

This reminds me so much of Jim Mora and the same questions I had for that *ss, "if you're not going to play them, then why in the hell did you draft them?!?"
MarchingOn likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #43
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 7,168
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

He is being repackaged as a all pro CB
hagan714 likes this.
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #44
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 860
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

As of late it seems like the Saints are drafting these rookies and expecting them to play week one like a five year veteran. I think thats what they thought with Anthony and Peat as well. Theres going to be growing pains but they will shape up or may not who knows but don't draft a mlb and change his position his second year after he play mlb through out college same with Peat too you draft a life long lt and have him play every spot on the line till you find out he is ok at lg. Some players arent jack of all trades master of none. Give me a master of one any day.
hagan714 likes this.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #45
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Originally Posted by Lord_Saint83 View Post
As of late it seems like the Saints are drafting these rookies and expecting them to play week one like a five year veteran. I think thats what they thought with Anthony and Peat as well. Theres going to be growing pains but they will shape up or may not who knows but don't draft a mlb and change his position his second year after he play mlb through out college same with Peat too you draft a life long lt and have him play every spot on the line till you find out he is ok at lg. Some players arent jack of all trades master of none. Give me a master of one any day.
Maybe the Saints aren't hoping they can, but are drafting for the future. Maybe it is the inpatient fans that are pressing the overly ambitious expectations.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM   #46
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 860
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Maybe so but why have Anthony change positions to accomodate a aged, slow, and weak Laurinaitis just because he can get the call and line up everyone right? For all that we could of hired Vilma as a assistant coach to help him out, idk instead of wasting a roster spot.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:24 PM   #47
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Originally Posted by Lord_Saint83 View Post
Maybe so but why have Anthony change positions to accomodate a aged, slow, and weak Laurinaitis just because he can get the call and line up everyone right? For all that we could of hired Vilma as a assistant coach to help him out, idk instead of wasting a roster spot.
I really think that Laurinaitis is quite a bit better than you are giving him credit for.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #48
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 860
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

He was good a cpl of years ago but now he reminds me of ray lewis the last cpl of years before he retired.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #49
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C
Posts: 1,387
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Originally Posted by Lord_Saint83 View Post
He was good a cpl of years ago but now he reminds me of ray lewis the last cpl of years before he retired.
Dont be disrespectful to Ray Lewis like that....
Rell&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #50
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,120
Re: Where is Stephone Anthony??

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I really think that Laurinaitis is quite a bit better than you are giving him credit for.
It's not just us, PFF has him ranked 79th out of 80 LBs based on this year.
Rell&Gold likes this.
Utah_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79658-where-stephone-anthony.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Where is Stephone Anthony?? This thread Refback 09-18-2016 08:11 PM 9
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-18-2016 07:47 PM 11


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts