Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by blackangold DB40 and Rankins coming back mid season will be big, but it won't matter if we are 0-8. We need to be at least 4-4 when they come back to have a realistic shot at the ...

Like Tree15Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #11
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Hermitage, La.
Posts: 276
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
DB40 and Rankins coming back mid season will be big, but it won't matter if we are 0-8.
We need to be at least 4-4 when they come back to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.
No, it won't matter but I seriously doubt we'll be 0-8.
We've lost 2 games by a combined total of 4 point's.
I know it sucks to have that feeling of despair on Sunday afternoon but I am pretty confident that the W's will happen. Of course, I am somewhat biased too...
captainshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,447
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by captainshawn View Post
No, it won't matter but I seriously doubt we'll be 0-8.
We've lost 2 games by a combined total of 4 point's.
I know it sucks to have that feeling of despair on Sunday afternoon but I am pretty confident that the W's will happen. Of course, I am somewhat biased too...
Look back at 2014, lost to detroit by 1 point, lost to atlanta by 3 points, lost to san fran by 3 points.

All these "we only lost by 4 combined points" doesn't matter at all, we have lost by those margins for the last two years and this is now the third.

Teams that are going anywhere consistently come out on the right side of those games, like we did in 2010 with close wins vs bengals and cowboys.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 5,473
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

foreverfan likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,964
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Right now we pick 2

2 - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M, 6-5, 255, 4.40 #15 Jr

Trade down? Tenn?
6 - 1600 Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama 6025 294 4.85 #93 Sr
9 - 1350 Marlon Humphrey CB/FS Alabama 6005 196 4.49 #26 rSo

Or double down on versatility and open up roster potions.

Christian McCaffrey RB/WR/KR Stanford 5115 205 4.48 #2 Jr.
Adoree' Jackson CB/WR/KR USC 5-11 186 4.43 #2 Jr.
Jabrill Peppers SS/FS/OLB/KR Michigan 6002 205 4.42 #5 rSo

Traded picks 2017 1-3
1st Round Picks

Titans acquired the Rams 1st-round pick in draft trade to select QB Jared Goff.
Browns acquired the Eagles 1st-round pick in draft trade to select QB Carson Wentz.
Eagles acquired the Vikings 1st-round pick in trade for QB Sam Bradford.

2nd Round Picks

Browns acquired the Titans 2nd-round pick in draft trade to select OT Jack Conklin.

3rd Round Picks

Titans acquired the Rams 3rd-round pick in draft trade to select QB Jared Goff.
Vikings acquired the Dolphins 3rd-round pick in draft trade to select WR Leonte Carroo.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #15
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,391
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
Right now we pick 2

2 - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M, 6-5, 255, 4.40 #15 Jr

Trade down? Tenn?
6 - 1600 Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama 6025 294 4.85 #93 Sr
9 - 1350 Marlon Humphrey CB/FS Alabama 6005 196 4.49 #26 rSo

Or double down on versatility and open up roster potions.

Christian McCaffrey RB/WR/KR Stanford 5115 205 4.48 #2 Jr.
Adoree' Jackson CB/WR/KR USC 5-11 186 4.43 #2 Jr.
Jabrill Peppers SS/FS/OLB/KR Michigan 6002 205 4.42 #5 rSo

Traded picks 2017 1-3
1st Round Picks

Titans acquired the Rams 1st-round pick in draft trade to select QB Jared Goff.
Browns acquired the Eagles 1st-round pick in draft trade to select QB Carson Wentz.
Eagles acquired the Vikings 1st-round pick in trade for QB Sam Bradford.

2nd Round Picks

Browns acquired the Titans 2nd-round pick in draft trade to select OT Jack Conklin.

3rd Round Picks

Titans acquired the Rams 3rd-round pick in draft trade to select QB Jared Goff.
Vikings acquired the Dolphins 3rd-round pick in draft trade to select WR Leonte Carroo.
Is the season over yet?
hagan714 likes this.
foreverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:15 AM   #16
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 12,480
Blog Entries: 23
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Is the season over yet?
Foreverfan?!?

hagan714 likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #17
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,964
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Is the season over yet?
Oh hell no. started out at 10-6 prediction. I still have faith in DA top get things clicking with this rookie filled secondary.
hagan714 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richland, MS.
Posts: 1,997
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

If the Saints happen to make it anywhere near the top of the draft, Leonard Fournette has to be the guy they go after. The only thing the Saints cannot do is trade a bunch of picks to get him, the roster still needs too much work.
MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #19
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,115
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
If the Saints happen to make it anywhere near the top of the draft, Leonard Fournette has to be the guy they go after. The only thing the Saints cannot do is trade a bunch of picks to get him, the roster still needs too much work.
I always worry at the though if spending that high a pick on a RB. They were down wuick snd are one hit away from a career changing knee injury
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #20
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,355
Re: Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft?

We will win more games than that. Also, there is no way Payton will tank a game. He is trying to keep a winning record.........which is difficult to do consistently fielding a sub par defense.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/79667-who-we-drafting-5-pick-draft.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Who are we drafting with the #5 pick in the draft? This thread Refback 09-19-2016 07:59 PM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-19-2016 05:43 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts