Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Under the radar free agents per PFF .. Mario Addison is intriguing & the production within a 4-3 system is there. https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl Chris, Hagan, JP or anyone here... your thoughts on Addison?...

Like Tree436Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #81
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 6,683
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Under the radar free agents per PFF ..

Mario Addison
is intriguing & the production within a 4-3 system is there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

Chris, Hagan, JP or anyone here... your thoughts on Addison?
hagan714 likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #82
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,212
Blog Entries: 25
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Under the radar free agents per PFF ..

Mario Addison
is intriguing & the production within a 4-3 system is there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

Chris, Hagan, JP or anyone here... your thoughts on Addison?
As far as play on the field, Galette 2.0; one dimensional; plus, he'll be 30 next season and I'd expect his speed to really start tailing off and that's what his game is predicated...

With the speed that we'll have coming from the inside rush, we really more of a contain and squeeze defensive end vs a speed linebacker type that Galette was...

Rather have a bigger, longer, taller Defensive End setting the edge; kind of a 6-4/6-5, 280/290 dancing bear with wingspan to really slow down those wheel routes and screens...
Sarik, K Major and MarchingOn like this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #83
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,721
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
As far as play on the field, Galette 2.0; one dimensional; plus, he'll be 30 next season and I'd expect his speed to really start tailing off and that's what his game is predicated...

With the speed that we'll have coming from the inside rush, we really more of a contain and squeeze defensive end vs a speed linebacker type that Galette was...

Rather have a bigger, longer, taller Defensive End setting the edge; kind of a 6-4/6-5, 280/290 dancing bear with wingspan to really slow down those wheel routes and screens...
I agree with your assessment of the player. But this is where I respectfully disagree," the speed we have coming from the inside". The reason I have to disagree, which I admit pressure was better, it's still missing something, it's missing that 1 player to put them over the top on the inside and until they find that 1 player it will be the same look as last season with pressures and sacks and we looked better than recent years we were still poor in those areas. This is the reason I'm not as high on Farley like others are. JP take into account how much Allen blitzes and we still were not able to get to the qb and without crushing the middle our inside just look better than it really is. We can't just have decent pressure it has to be pure pressure to work.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #84
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14,863
Blog Entries: 62
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Under the radar free agents per PFF ..

Mario Addison
is intriguing & the production within a 4-3 system is there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

Chris, Hagan, JP or anyone here... your thoughts on Addison?
FA Kawann Short will govern it all.

I am expecting top 5 DT money making the signing of there UFA impossible.

Mario is Young and up coming it would appear. He flashes. Not steady at this point but the signs look good that he can get better.


Mario is in the process of taking over for age so I see the panthers doing all they can to keep him off the market. Just starting to play as a starter means the panthers should be able to keep him cheap. He is just now gettiing his chance to be the starter.

Thats why I am looking at AJ Klien a player when called produced year in and year out no matter where he played. I think he is one that might just leave to get an honest shot at starting. Saints are a good team to offer him that chance.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins
hagan714 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #85
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,721
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
FA Kawann Short will govern it all.

I am expecting top 5 DT money making the signing of there UFA impossible.

Mario is Young and up coming it would appear. He flashes. Not steady at this point but the signs look good that he can get better.


Mario is in the process of taking over for age so I see the panthers doing all they can to keep him off the market. Just starting to play as a starter means the panthers should be able to keep him cheap. He is just now gettiing his chance to be the starter.

Thats why I am looking at AJ Klien a player when called produced year in and year out no matter where he played. I think he is one that might just leave to get an honest shot at starting. Saints are a good team to offer him that chance.
I'm curious what type of money Fairley wants wheather we sign him or not? I would hate for the FO to hand out another huge contract to a good player but no where near a game changer.
hagan714 likes this.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #86
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,175
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Linebackers are good and as always we need DE and CB's I say we throw some money at it this year as well as draft heavy.
hagan714 and Rugby Saint II like this.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #87
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14,863
Blog Entries: 62
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I'm curious what type of money Fairley wants wheather we sign him or not? I would hate for the FO to hand out another huge contract to a good player but no where near a game changer.
this is one of my fears. the other is him getting the money and once again stops playing and ends up eating wings in the press box
halloween 65 likes this.
hagan714 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #88
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,212
Blog Entries: 25
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:27 PM   #89
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,721
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

This is where I feel we should get a cb, DE and O-line help. Some good one's up for grabs in FA. I also think Kruger should get another prove it contract.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #90
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,755
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2017 Free Agency thread anyone?

I'd go DE in free agency. Rookies can take the most time to develop at DE.

If it's my $30M, I sign Hightower and Melvin Ingram.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/80943-2017-free-agency-thread-anyone.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
2017 Free Agency thread anyone? This thread Refback 03-09-2017 03:10 PM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-02-2017 04:12 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-02-2017 04:04 PM 18


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts