Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Coach Replacements

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by ChrisXVI I know this thread is about OUR coaching replacements, but if you need to laugh in light of the Failclowns going to the Super Bowl... Apparently Chip Kelly is likely to be their OC next season ...

Like Tree49Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #31
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 13,884
Blog Entries: 24
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
I know this thread is about OUR coaching replacements, but if you need to laugh in light of the Failclowns going to the Super Bowl... Apparently Chip Kelly is likely to be their OC next season when Shanahan leaves for the 49ers. Hope they enjoy this run because if that happens it'll be back to mediocrity.
Sounds like the Falcons already have their hires in place and their still in the middle of battle...

Senior Week is starting and Loomis/Payton still have not hired a defensive line coach, linebackers coach, not special teams coaches...

And then there's this non-report Payton's associate was gauging interest with the Colts...

So long as Loomis is GM, and that will be as long as Tommy's eating crabs on the couch in his bib and skivs, this dysfunctional mess will not get straightened out...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #32
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 13,884
Blog Entries: 24
Re: Coach Replacements

Wow, he's a great positional coach for us...

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #33
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,601
Re: Coach Replacements

So what is ole Curtis Johnson up to nowadays?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,707
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Sounds like the Falcons already have their hires in place and their still in the middle of battle...

Senior Week is starting and Loomis/Payton still have not hired a defensive line coach, linebackers coach, not special teams coaches...

And then there's this non-report Payton's associate was gauging interest with the Colts...

So long as Loomis is GM, and that will be as long as Tommy's eating crabs on the couch in his bib and skivs, this dysfunctional mess will not get straightened out...
Kind of sad we don't already have them in place for them to be able to gauge the talent. I just hope we get good coaches to teach fundimentals instead of puppets on a string like we had.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,993
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
Kind of sad we don't already have them in place for them to be able to gauge the talent. I just hope we get good coaches to teach fundimentals instead of puppets on a string like we had.
I have a feeling some of them are still coaching this season.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,707
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I have a feeling some of them are still coaching this season.
I don't see Quinn letting his D staff go anywhere and I don't see the Pats having any that would want to leave unless they upgraded at their positions. It would only be assistants, if then.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,993
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
I don't see Quinn letting his D staff go anywhere and I don't see the Pats having any that would want to leave unless they upgraded at their positions. It would only be assistants, if then.
I pointed out Ray Ventrone, Assistant Special Teams Coach, in an earlier thread and James Hardy, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach could be another possibility. You know how close of a working arrangement the Saints have with the Patriots. And I couldn't see Quinn standing in the way of an upgrade in position for one of his staffers. And whoi knows, it could be someone off the Packers.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 4,272
Re: Coach Replacements

A few updates...


ChrisXVI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #39
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,601
Re: Coach Replacements

Both of those guys sound intriguing.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,895
Re: Coach Replacements

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post

Makes sense. The 49ers were last against the rush. Thought the goal was to get better?
voodooido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/81107-coach-replacements.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-16-2017 01:42 PM 25


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts