Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by lee909 I do think Cooks will do well but it should be remembered that teams would be warry of trading for Saints receivers or TE Meachem Stills Jimmy Graham Brn Watson All put up career numbers before ...

Like Tree259Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #71
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,642
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
I do think Cooks will do well but it should be remembered that teams would be warry of trading for Saints receivers or TE

Meachem
Stills
Jimmy Graham
Brn Watson

All put up career numbers before falling pretty flat if not with him
1.Meachem was a overrated receiver to begin with and never lived up to his worth as a first rounder.
2.Stills has actually done pretty well for a number three receiver.
3.Graham's still on the same team he was traded to.
4.Watson got hurt, so who knows what happens with him healthy.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #72
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,573
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by aquaboogie View Post
Even though Cooks is a great player, He is not worth the contract he was going to command in the future. In the meantime the potential locker room disruptions could possibly be catastrophic. Hopefully the Defense will be improved as a result. With Brees approaching the end of his career, having money tied up in a skilled position player with no defense and possibly an below average QB would not be a good thing.
I was thinking the same but like selling your old car you want top dollar for it, you don't give it away
spkb25 likes this.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #73
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,642
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Doesn't mean it will 100% work. Or the system will work for him. Its not like Rivers or Wilson are bad QBs either

Rivers has actually shown he can't play well without playmaking receivers. He's a good qb with weapond but take them away and he's exposed. Also, Meachem was never a true number one. He never had to deal with the top corners because of Colston and Moore. He was treated as a number one in SD. Wilson's been playing with a bad oline and the seahawks are trying to utilize a offense that does not fit them.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #74
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
1.Meachem was a overrated receiver to begin with and never lived up to his worth as a first rounder.
2.Stills has actually done pretty well for a number three receiver.
3.Graham's still on the same team he was traded to.
4.Watson got hurt, so who knows what happens with him healthy.
Graham has been a bust for Seattle

Watson has never put up numbers he did with Brees and he was an old vet when he came here,he wasnt getting better

Stills hasnt come close to 1000 yards again.

Meachem was still productive under Brees. Was generally good for 6/700 yards. Goes to Chargers and just breaks 200
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #75
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,176
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
I do think Cooks will do well but it should be remembered that teams would be warry of trading for Saints receivers or TE

Meachem
Stills
Jimmy Graham
Brn Watson

All put up career numbers before falling pretty flat if not with him
yeah none of them went to tom brady and watson got hurt, not exactly the same thing
Rsanders24 likes this.
spkb25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #76
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,642
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Graham has been a bust for Seattle

Watson has never put up numbers he did with Brees and he was an old vet when he came here,he wasnt getting better

Stills hasnt come close to 1000 yards again.

Meachem was still productive under Brees. Was generally good for 6/700 yards. Goes to Chargers and just breaks 200
Stills has more TDs for Miami last year than he did with NO in either of his two seasons.
Rsanders24 likes this.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #77
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

See post above

Watson had been in the league 9 years before joining the Saints. Spent two years as a back up. Plays full time with Drew for a year and put up career numbers at 34/35.

Remember 6 of them years in the league were with Brady
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #78
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
Rivers has actually shown he can't play well without playmaking receivers. He's a good qb with weapond but take them away and he's exposed. Also, Meachem was never a true number one. He never had to deal with the top corners because of Colston and Moore. He was treated as a number one in SD. Wilson's been playing with a bad oline and the seahawks are trying to utilize a offense that does not fit them.
And Cooks isnt a number 1
He is just about 5'10 and no team was willing to better the offer the Pats did. The fact that teams would offer a straight up mid round 1st shows teams dont think he is worth what he will be asking for next year.

He is a complentary piece. A Wes Welker that will need Gronk or another true 1 receiver to give him space to work.

The Saints were not paying him north of 10ml a year they would have needed to
lee909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #79
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,573
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

I reaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyy hope we don't trade anything for Butler. NE screwed us enough on this trade, even a Texans/ Browns trade for butler will not be beneficial for us
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #80
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,176
Re: Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
And Cooks isnt a number 1
He is just about 5'10 and no team was willing to better the offer the Pats did. The fact that teams would offer a straight up mid round 1st shows teams dont think he is worth what he will be asking for next year.

He is a complentary piece. A Wes Welker that will need Gronk or another true 1 receiver to give him space to work.

The Saints were not paying him north of 10ml a year they would have needed to
he will have 85-90 catches next year and 1200 yards. We got hosed. Good thing we signed low energy when we did, 7-9 could have got away
Audiotom likes this.
spkb25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/81893-brandin-cooks-officially-traded-patriots.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-10-2017 07:15 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-10-2017 07:14 PM 3
Brandin Cooks Officially Traded to Patriots This thread Refback 03-10-2017 07:08 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts