Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by K Major Just last year the Saints cornerback situation alone were like drummers from Spinal Tap. Freak injuries ...I can't put last year solely on coaches. The last two years drafting hasn't been horrid now has it? ...

Like Tree47Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #41
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,664
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Just last year the Saints cornerback situation alone were like drummers from Spinal Tap. Freak injuries ...I can't put last year solely on coaches. The last two years drafting hasn't been horrid now has it? If you circle back to the 2009 SB season, that was a pretty healthy team as a whole. Saints are due some good "luck". Sean and co have already begun to weed out the weak.

Did you not like the 2016 or 2017 Saints draft class?
- Lattimore - best CB in the class, we were shocked he was still on board.
- Ramczyk - Ok we needed a T, maybe later in draft, but he was really high on our boards and hes there at 32 .. we grabbed him.
- Williams - Ball hawking safety we've been looking for since we lost sharper. I don't know to much about him but I can understand the pick.
.. etc, etc.

Since Sean has been here all I know is that we've had 5 playoff appearances, 2 NFC Championship appearances, and a SB ring in the mantle case. No matter what the Saints do, somebody is going to find something to complain about.

Calm down Spkb25, you've been on the war path lately .
The 7-9 seasons are not related to the recent draft classes where it appears like we drafted some talent , hence why I said we have more talent. We do. We are putting some nice pieces in place, or at least it seems we are.

I am interested in our run game this year. I think we are going to run the ball well this year. That could steal us a win or 3.

I am not upset, but the lack of winning seasons was specifically because of poor decisions by our front office. Bad drafts, bad free agents gambles, and poor contracts.

I like where we are headed though.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #42
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,664
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Not disagreeing with your point overall, but we lost Greer and Porter for half of the season in 2009, having to rely on Usama young, Randall Gay and Malcolm Jenkins.
And Mike Mckenzie signed from his position as a weekly analysis of his sunday ticket.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,664
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
Holy **** spkb. Someone get this guy a cup of coffee. He's pissed this morning! Lol.

Actually, you've got a great point. And I agree. The coaching changes are very, very important. They were necessary. But the new coaches have good talent this year to teach.

And yes, I agree that at least some of the reason we've been so bad the last few years is because of poor drafting, cap management and bad free agent acquisitions. Injuries and lack of quality depth also contributed. And I think the position coaching was also part of it. I think they were not trying as hard as they should've been. They got lazy and complacent.

Good morning everyone!!!
LOL, do I seem upset? I'm not. That's passion

"at least some of the reason we've been so bad the last few years is because of poor drafting, cap management and bad free agent acquisitions"

No doubt
jnormand likes this.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 4,166
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
The 7-9 seasons are not related to the recent draft classes where it appears like we drafted some talent , hence why I said we have more talent. We do. We are putting some nice pieces in place, or at least it seems we are.

I am interested in our run game this year. I think we are going to run the ball well this year. That could steal us a win or 3.

I am not upset, but the lack of winning seasons was specifically because of poor decisions by our front office. Bad drafts, bad free agents gambles, and poor contracts.

I like where we are headed though.
All I can say, friend, is get over the past. The past is past. Dwelling on it does no good when it is no longer directly relevant to the present.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #45
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,959
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Well Drew is helluva lot more accurate than that other kid in Carolina, so that will help as well...
Other kid? I know Drew is drinking from the fountain of youth but I don't think he's a kid.......just sayin'
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #46
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,664
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
All I can say, friend, is get over the past. The past is past. Dwelling on it does no good when it is no longer directly relevant to the present.
It is 100% relevant because we are 7-9 until we are not 7-9.

You have been wrong for the last 3 years, I guess at some point you will end up right
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #47
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, AL (via NO and B/R)
Posts: 21,871
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
It is 100% relevant because we are 7-9 until we are not 7-9.

You have been wrong for the last 3 years, I guess at some point you will end up right

Define wrong.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #48
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,194
Blog Entries: 25
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

I don't believe in discarding the past, you've got to learn from your history...

Though I see some repeat mistakes happening again (i.e. not closing the deal with Zeitler),

...I do think we're doing many things better, even with our draft and veteran personnel moves...

Our offseasons are getting much better, but there's still some lingering bone-headedness...
ScottF and Rugby Saint II like this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #49
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 4,166
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
It is 100% relevant because we are 7-9 until we are not 7-9.

You have been wrong for the last 3 years, I guess at some point you will end up right
No. We are 0-0.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 AM   #50
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 14,194
Blog Entries: 25
Re: Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony

If we keep six (6) linebackers, I don't see Manti Te’o making this roster as we're that deep at LBer now...

I see him as a camp veteran who's being brought in to transition Nolan's way of practice, film study...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/82755-mike-nolan-intrigued-stephone-anthony.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mike Nolan intrigued by Stephone Anthony This thread Refback 05-15-2017 08:29 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-15-2017 08:20 AM 15
The Latest NFL News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-15-2017 08:03 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts