Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by dizzle88 Crawley had a chance to win the NY game for us, he was in perfect position and made an awful attempt, all he had to do was knock it down. Not a fan personally. Ever heard ...

Like Tree38Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #21
Threaded by AsylumGuido
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,628

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Crawley had a chance to win the NY game for us, he was in perfect position and made an awful attempt, all he had to do was knock it down. Not a fan personally.
Ever heard of getting over it? Dwelling on the negative incident in the past can have bad consequences one's ongoing health ... mentally and physically.

Look ahead! Don't worry! Be happy!
Views: 2296
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 PM   #22
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 16,269
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Crawley had a chance to win the NY game for us, he was in perfect position and made an awful attempt, all he had to do was knock it down. Not a fan personally.
Dizz, remind us again where he was drafted and how many games he had started in the NFL at that point?

He was an absolute theft for us in the UDFA Rookie Market; and, because of injuries, he got invaluable playing time...

And, he got better! Know it's frustrating when you see those plays, I feel ya, but he was a rookie man, in his second game, which he hadn't even started...

Not banging on you, but asking for some perspective with the lad...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,628
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Dizz, remind us again where he was drafted and how many games he had started in the NFL at that point?

He was an absolute theft for us in the UDFA Rookie Market; and, because of injuries, he got invaluable playing time...

And, he got better! Know it's frustrating when you see those plays, I feel ya, but he was a rookie man, in his second game, which he hadn't even started...

Not banging on you, but asking for some perspective with the lad...
Diz sometimes has a problem moving on from the past.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 AM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,051
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Dizz, remind us again where he was drafted and how many games he had started in the NFL at that point?

He was an absolute theft for us in the UDFA Rookie Market; and, because of injuries, he got invaluable playing time...

And, he got better! Know it's frustrating when you see those plays, I feel ya, but he was a rookie man, in his second game, which he hadn't even started...

Not banging on you, but asking for some perspective with the lad...
I get what your saying and it's probably not all on him, all I can think at the minute is he picked off Brees about 4 times in training camp and then couldn't make the play when it mattered. But then again, even Breaux sucked last year. Let's hope for some improvement this year.
dizzle88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 7,629
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
But then again, even Breaux sucked last year. Let's hope for some improvement this year.
Hoping for a healthy Breaux this season. He played poorly after coming back from the injury.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #26
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 16,269
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

This is what I was talking about - young and hungry - like Clubber Lang going into the first bout with Rocky - this is what you want on defense...

dizzle88 and ChrisXVI like this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #27
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 2,025
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

None of it matters if nothing is happening up front.
If we are asking these guys to still cover after a double-move then it's all mute.
If they have to bang every week in run support we will be back to calling in reserves by week 5.
I'm still waiting for us to find ONE good shutdown corner who can take 1/2 the field away (and pay him).
That would make things SO much easier for everyone else.
The front 7 can make these guys look really good if they are manning up.
But if not, minor weaknesses that get exposed are magnified and can look pretty bad.
I would be happy actually seeing our guys turn and make a play on the ball.
Cat fighting after the ball whizzes past your ear hole is little league stuff.
Kind of pisses me off when I see it at the NFL level.
I'm hoping for some improved play up front to help these guys out.
5'-10", 5'-11", 6'-0" and 6'-1" need all the help they can get.
hagan714 and halloween 65 like this.

**SaintSince67**
darstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #28
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 16,269
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Realise, this will be a very, very young secondary that could potentially start two (2) rookies in CB Marshon Lattimore and FS Marcus Williams; one (1) sophomore in SS Vonn Bell; one (1) third season CB in Delvin Breaux; and then the hybrid back in Kenny Vaccaro is in his fifth season as the veteran of the group...

Expect ebbs and flow. Too minimize exposing this young defense, the rotation of the front seven will be paramount. But we should also start to see Pass Defense plays made like we expected when we backed the truck up for Jairus Byrd...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,934
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Realise, this will be a very, very young secondary that could potentially start two (2) rookies in CB Marshon Lattimore and FS Marcus Williams; one (1) sophomore in SS Vonn Bell; one (1) third season CB in Delvin Breaux; and then the hybrid back in Kenny Vaccaro is in his fifth season as the veteran of the group...

Expect ebbs and flow. Too minimize exposing this young defense, the rotation of the front seven will be paramount. But we should also start to see Pass Defense plays made like we expected when we backed the truck up for Jairus Byrd...
When Ireland was in Miami he put a good secondary together. It took 2 years but went well. Our secondary should start looking good by mid-season and should look really good next season. I'm not sold on Vaccarro. Nothing special!!
jeanpierre likes this.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #30
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,750
Re: Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks?

Here we go:

|Mitch| is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/82912-who-will-emerge-saints-logjam-talented-cornerbacks.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks? This thread Refback 06-02-2017 02:06 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-29-2017 09:03 PM 11
Who will emerge in Saints' logjam of talented cornerbacks? This thread Refback 05-29-2017 08:35 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts