Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Playoffs or bust?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by spkb25 Oh no bro I did not. I am not going to find the post because it would take forever, but I don't know you and the only way I know you had cancer was from that ...

Like Tree89Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #81
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Oh no bro I did not. I am not going to find the post because it would take forever, but I don't know you and the only way I know you had cancer was from that post. I replied by telling you that I have never been sick and I don't pump sunshine and rainbows.
I gave you simple directions to find the supposed post. Must be from your delusional existence. The post where I let others know I dealt with the cancer was a warning for all you guys to get checked out since it may save your lives. If you somehow twisted it else wise, that is your problem.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #82
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,836
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
We've had 3 consecutive disappointing seasons.

I dont see anything wrong with a guy on a fan board starting a discussion on
when are changes warranted, and what the standard should be, should this become a 4th consecutive disappointment.

Im not switching allegiance, and in fact, I support the team in person, but this is a legit question. I dont even think The Dude is predicting doom, and I certainly dont think he WANTS it. But if Bill Parcells is right, you are what your record is, and until Sept 11, we are a 7-9 team.

I'm as excited as anyone about 2017, and I'm rooting for us to go the Super Bowl, as I have every year since 1982. I hope optimism and reality intersect.
Solid post Mike, what are you expecting this year?
skymike likes this.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #83
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Not me, you bully other people which is exactly what I said. You can't bully me, you have tried along with the other 3, but it doesn't work. You do it to a few other posters.

I haven't seen any negative people on here. I have seen people share their opinions and be honest. They are being realistic, pretty sure that is what this board is for. If you don't like it you will have to make a choice, like you did last year when we were losing and all the people you say are negative were still here sticking by the team. You didn't show back up until we won a few games. Typical.

You can have the last word, I am going back to discussing the Saints.
I didn't show up for 18 days because I was disgusted by your and other's attitudes. I didn't see anything positive by posting when you all were on your hatred rants. I visited every day because I love my Saints.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #84
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Oh, and I guess you have no answer to this, huh?

Exactly what tangible anything do you have to gain by constantly referencing the negatives associated with the Saints?

Sad.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #85
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,836
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Can we field a team? Can we stay healthy?

The problem isn't three7-9 seasons......it's more like four out of the last five. And nothing really substantial for us to get excited about.

I love Payton and the coaching change along with the new personnel in the FO, but we need to start strong or finish strong to keep the fans happy.

And with us missing two of our offensive linemen I'm not excited bout our young defense having to win games because offense is losing in the trenches.
No doubt. I think Larry Holder said some similar ideas. We really need to start the season with a win. Last 3 seasons have been 0-2,0-3,0-3. We need to build some momentum.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #86
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Thank God I have gotten through to you! Posts with meaning other than totally negative crap. Bravo, spkb25. Grasshopper.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #87
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
No doubt. I think Larry Holder said some similar ideas. We really need to start the season with a win. Last 3 seasons have been 0-2,0-3,0-3. We need to build some momentum.
I really think there is a great chance facing the Vikings. Big Monday Night game.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #88
Realist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 3,079
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Why don't ya'll just hug it out and move on. The season can't get here fast enough.
CharityMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #89
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,014
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
Why don't ya'll just hug it out and move on. The season can't get here fast enough.
I'm all into the hugging it out. Very positive.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #90
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,395
Re: Playoffs or bust?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Yea he's sure not taking it year to year just to sign one year contracts until he retires. He's also not going to come out and say "I'm taking it year to year to see what direction the team is headed before I make another big decision". He is likely not signing now to focus on this year AND make an evaluation after it's over. At his age he's taking a risk. Ink a contract now and secure his future or play out his contract knowing that if gets injured his price tag will take a huge drop or just become non existent.

Nothing about a HOF QB at his age leads me to believe he would stay with a team that produces losing seasons every year.

I do however think we will be a better team and the firing of the coaching staff tells me Payton is serious.

I think by game 4 you know the team well enough to see how the season could shake out.

The comment that said nothing I can say will change a thing is just asinine. Nobody in there right mind should take a statement like "heads to roll" and act like I thought I was going to somehow effect anything.
Drew has several businesses in the city. His kids and wife have roots here. 11 years is a long time to uproot and move to chase a Super Bowl that may not materialize in the new city. Major changes were made and heads did roll due to the mediocrity. With new coaches and players it's unfair to compare this team if it goes 7-9 to the past teams. Give them time. We have a very hard start to the season. If we go 2-2 that would be huge. 1-3 would be ok too as long as they continue to improve as the season progresses. From what I've read I think that's all Asylum has asked fellow posters to acknowledge. If we kept the same coaches and went 7-9 then the question would have more weight.

"If the NFL tabs his BFF to do the sb halftime show, I can see Payton signing Manziel." - WS81 "And if the NFL is green, and the Saints are round, I can see CBS airing a Seinfeld marathon to appease alligators in Canada." - Danno
Papa Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/83099-playoffs-bust.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 06-15-2017 11:41 PM 6
Playoffs or bust? This thread Refback 06-15-2017 11:14 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts