Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by neugey No one wants to miss out on the next Hall of Fame QB. It causes desperation. Unless you already have one as your starter....

Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,512
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
No one wants to miss out on the next Hall of Fame QB. It causes desperation.
Unless you already have one as your starter.
neugey likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,980
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Shouldn't that read "Matt Cassel 2.EAUX"?
Rugby Saint II likes this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #23
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,030
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Sez it all
QBREES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #24
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,229
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
26? Brees was about the same age. Under that reasoning we pass on Brees and that is without a severe unproven shoulder injury.
Exactly. But he's assuming brees will be here for 5 more years.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:59 AM   #25
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,229
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Honestly Brees could retire next year and I wouldn't care as long as someone just as good or had just as high of a ceiling stepped in. Meaning if Drews play dropped off I would happily see him walk for a younger player that performs at the same level of that drop off but shows potential. I want Super Bowls. Not how long our favorite player can play bowls.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,512
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Honestly Brees could retire next year and I wouldn't care as long as someone just as good or had just as high of a ceiling stepped in. Meaning if Drews play dropped off I would happily see him walk for a younger player that performs at the same level of that drop off but shows potential. I want Super Bowls. Not how long our favorite player can play bowls.
But that's the whole point. Finding someone as good as Brees or having as high a ceiling may take another 25 years. If it was that easy every team would have one. As it stands right now, at most only 3 or 4 have one. Brees is, and most likely will remain, our only hope at ever winning another Super Bowl.
jnormand and Beastmode like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:49 PM   #27
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,229
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
But that's the whole point. Finding someone as good as Brees or having as high a ceiling may take another 25 years. If it was that easy every team would have one. As it stands right now, at most only 3 or 4 have one. Brees is, and most likely will remain, our only hope at ever winning another Super Bowl.
B.S. within 2-3 years drews play will drop off to where he is an average to good QB. You find someone equally as average or good who is younger with an upside. No point in keeping Brees around if he is performing at an average level.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,512
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
B.S. within 2-3 years drews play will drop off to where he is an average to good QB. You find someone equally as average or good who is younger with an upside. No point in keeping Brees around if he is performing at an average level.
People have been saying his play was about to drop off for the past four years. If he says he can play at a high level well into his forties I am far more inclined to believe him than you. And even a Brees 70% of what he is today would be better than anyone available. Right now half the teams in the league would kill for an average NFL QB. Two thirds would kill for a QB 70% of what Brees is today. You seem to think it will be no problem finding a replacement for Brees.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #29
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 10,619
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
B.S. within 2-3 years drews play will drop off to where he is an average to good QB. You find someone equally as average or good who is younger with an upside. No point in keeping Brees around if he is performing at an average level.
What makes you think in 2-3 years Drew will be average?

Hell; look at Favre... He wasn't average at 40, except for throwing bone-headed interceptions but he always did that...

Do you think Brady will be average in 2-3 years?
AsylumGuido likes this.
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,512
Re: Jimmy Garoppolo Saint?

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
What makes you think in 2-3 years Drew will be average?

Hell; look at Favre... He wasn't average at 40, except for throwing bone-headed interceptions but he always did that...

Do you think Brady will be average in 2-3 years?
Dude doesn't have a clue.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/83378-jimmy-garoppolo-saint.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 07-11-2017 07:38 PM 12
Jimmy Garoppolo Saint? This thread Refback 07-11-2017 07:08 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts