Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Questions in players

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Only caught most of the game. What is your assessment of Anthony Alonzone Our LB corps as a whole Whoever is at center, specifically snaps Kick return Defensive ends? Where do we seem to have decent depth (besides RB) Where ...

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,033
Questions in players

Only caught most of the game.
What is your assessment of

Anthony
Alonzone
Our LB corps as a whole
Whoever is at center, specifically snaps
Kick return
Defensive ends?

Where do we seem to have decent depth (besides RB)
Where is depth lacking? I know we have to have to assess Oline but what else.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,320
Re: Questions in players

I wasn't able to catch the game either. Just been reading and watching highlights. But I think we have depth everywhere, it's just the quality. I really hope our CBs aren't hurt all preseason. Ridiculous.

And from what I'm hearing, LT is a major issue. Barnes and Harris are bad.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
Re: Questions in players

What about the LT we had from Pittsburgh? Not the best but serviceable.
Papa Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,168
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Questions in players

Its all in other threads.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 62
Re: Questions in players

Anthony and Alonzone had their flashes

Our LB corps as a whole it is too early to tell but a not bad rating works for me

Whoever is at center, specifically snaps The OL as a unit was a mess for the most part. So an incomplete applies

Kick return - hope?

Defensive ends looked solid enough

DBs really as a unit looks to be the issue. give them time to work as unit. Gel Time
Rugby Saint II likes this.
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 7,174
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Questions in players

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post

Kick return - hope?
I'd like to see TG Jr fielding a punt and/or kick return in pre season game #2. His stats were good in this phase of the game last season with the Kittens. I truly believe this (special teams play) is where he will help the Saints in 2017.
hagan714 likes this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,320
Re: Questions in players

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
I'd like to see TG Jr fielding a punt and/or kick return in pre season game #2. His stats were good in this phase of the game last season with the Kittens. I truly believe this (special teams play) is where he will help the Saints in 2017.
Here's my question. Does Ginn ever muff punts or kicks? If not, how the hell can the guy be a reliable returner but drops passes? I understand that obviously, trajectory is completely different, but catching a punt/kick should be harder than catching a pass...at least it seems so.....
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,182
Re: Questions in players

Not those guys but things I saw that caught my eye on people

Kamara- nuff said
TLL- Nuff said
GG- Nuff said
Nassib- like this kid. Got some moxy
Lasco- not impressed
Rookie Safety Williams- good instincts and made a few plays
KV- Couple of nice plays
Manti Teo- playing with some fire, good instincts gets to ball
Kikahah- nice rush
Chase- why...why?
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 7,174
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Questions in players

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
Here's my question. Does Ginn ever muff punts or kicks? If not, how the hell can the guy be a reliable returner but drops passes? I understand that obviously, trajectory is completely different, but catching a punt/kick should be harder than catching a pass...at least it seems so.....
Not nearly as often as he would with intermediate/short passes. He's always been a situational, butter fingered field stretcher. Unfortunate for the Saints, hands of stone won't get any better at this point of his career. It's been hit or miss with him over the years. Because of his Ginn's speed, he should have a role in Sean Payton's offense but those "drops" can become drive killers in real game situations.

Hopefully Fuller, Tommy L and Brandon step up so that we won't have to rely on TG Jr as much.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,320
Re: Questions in players

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Not nearly as often as he would with intermediate/short passes. He's always been a situational, butter fingered field stretcher. Unfortunate for the Saints, hands of stone won't get any better at this point of his career. It's been hit or miss with him over the years. Because of his Ginn's speed, he should have a role in Sean Payton's offense but those "drops" can become drive killers in real game situations.

Hopefully Fuller, Tommy L and Brandon step up so that we won't have to rely on TG Jr as much.
So he'll basically just take the top off the defense and get thrown the ball when he's open? So he'll do what Cooks was supposed to do without *****ing that he didn't get the ball in a huge win.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/83784-questions-players.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-11-2017 11:07 AM 5
Questions in players This thread Refback 08-11-2017 10:49 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts