Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by The Dude Sure they will open for other things but a VAST majority of their sales potential is going down the drain. Sundays bring a packed house guaranteed 8 times a year or more (hopefully only eight). ...

Like Tree42Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 12:30 AM   #21
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,160
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Sure they will open for other things but a VAST majority of their sales potential is going down the drain. Sundays bring a packed house guaranteed 8 times a year or more (hopefully only eight).
They close on Sundays for religious reasons as much as family values. They have also openly criticized people whose "values" don't meet their political, social, and religious ideals.
If they want to make a statement about their values and sacrifice that much capitol I do however respect that. I just think it's dumb.
If they care so much give the extra hours to the single moms and dads who don't suck up welfare and can really use the money. Or donate it.
These social, religious, and family value thing is all part of their marketing strategy. Nothing more
I normally try to keep things civil, but you are making it really hard... so I'll leave you with this: you can't say you respect something, then in the next sentence say it's dumb. Clearly, you don't respect it.
Tobias-Reiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 AM   #22
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 12,265
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
The stadium has plenty of other events to keep that franchise in the black.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.50bd1cd291f6
Like the all you eat spirit cooking orgies. Big seller
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #23
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,430
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
I normally try to keep things civil, but you are making it really hard... so I'll leave you with this: you can't say you respect something, then in the next sentence say it's dumb. Clearly, you don't respect it.
So in order to respect something you need to agree with it? Wow.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #24
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,160
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
So in order to respect something you need to agree with it? Wow.
No, you don't need to agree with it. But when you demean something, as in calling something "dumb", obviously there is no respect.
Tobias-Reiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:02 AM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,830
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
That's also stupid of chic fil a. What incentive is there for them to open a location there if they are closed on Sunday? The lease is outrageous and they will lose millions in sales a year just because they want to close for one day.
Sometimes bible thumpers are moronic
This statement shows why you aren't in a marketing or advertising profession. The company is privately owned and just paid for advertising in every sports channel for weeks...

Your playing checkers... others are playing chess.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:32 AM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 5,467
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

This all fares well with the Crow the Dirty Ones ate after the SB.
spkb25 likes this.
RailBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,550
Blog Entries: 3
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

For those saying that the stadium will be used for other things; of course it will. But football is always going to be it's main use, by far. So it just doesn't make sense to put a Chick-fil-A in there for the scattered little events that take place throughout the year. It's just weird.

I am fine with them wanting to let their employees go to church, if that is the reason for closing on Sunday. I just think if that was your plan, then you really didn't need to have a location inside that stadium. That's just my opinion.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #28
Fan Since 1967
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,245
Blog Entries: 3
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Bet you 28-3 when they play on Thursday, Saturday, or Monday this is going to be a real hit
Yeah but they will lose 25% revenue vs a chicken competitor that sales 7 days a week or 4 football days.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 8,472
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Sincerely, the only person on this board that is consistently and unrelentingly negative is you. All you do is *****. Here's a concept, seriously, if you don't like people's point of view keep it moving or simply counter their argument. Constantly *****ing about other people is more negative than the supposed Saints board negativity you're on a Christ like Crusade to end.

I began entertaining you again recently because for a short period you had stopped your stupid asinine BS. Since you cannot control yourself I am now convinced you're just an angry, negative, narcissistic DB who I am back to ignoring.
If you say so.

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,550
Blog Entries: 3
Re: And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta

.

Last edited by burningmetal; 08-17-2017 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: double post
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/83859-hits-just-keep-coming-atlanta.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
And the hits just keep on coming for Atlanta This thread Refback 08-16-2017 07:19 PM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-16-2017 07:01 PM 15


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts