Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintshrimp All can go Really? You don't think any of the three are worth keeping?...

Like Tree30Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,433
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by saintshrimp View Post
All can go
Really? You don't think any of the three are worth keeping?
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #32
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,206
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie View Post
I know this is a long shot, but hear me out.

If there are players you don't want anyone else to sign, make them out to be the biggest political distractions you can.

Make them kneel, hold up fists, get belligerent during the anthem -- nobody will touch them, and they'll safely return back to your PS. After all is quiet, they can retire their character flaws.
I actually thought the same thing to myself jokingly. PR nightmare but it is hella clever. Underhanded as hell but hey you gotta do what you gotta do right?
Even funnier is if they all came clean after.
WillMacKenzie likes this.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,433
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I actually thought the same thing to myself jokingly. PR nightmare but it is hella clever. Underhanded as hell but hey you gotta do what you gotta do right?
Even funnier is if they all came clean after.
It's original, I'll give you that. But it's kind of...idk..gross to think about. Plus the players would be attacked publicly for falsely supporting it. In today's world, that's would make all sorts of news.

I did hear something, not sure if it's true. Related to the whole national anthem thing. I heard Jerry Jones told his players that if they sit or kneel or whatever during the anthem, he'll bench them or kick them off the team.

Anyone know anything about this and if it's true? I think it's awesome.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #34
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 15,420
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

That is a tough question. Uhmmmm.........Ask me next week.
Rugby Saint II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #35
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 7,429
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post

I did hear something, not sure if it's true. Related to the whole national anthem thing. I heard Jerry Jones told his players that if they sit or kneel or whatever during the anthem, he'll bench them or kick them off the team.

Anyone know anything about this and if it's true? I think it's awesome.
Living up in North Texas, I read and hear far too much of Jerruh but I don't think that applies to the "good players" in Dallas. The idea to say a player like Jason Witten, Tyron Smith, Dez etc would get cut if kneeled for the N/A would be absurd. A fine or half game suspension...maybe. Hell, Jerruh would "take a knee" if he thought it would lead his team to another Super Bowl.

God Bless America.
jnormand likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #36
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 987
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Yeah, I'm saying it jokingly -- just that there are ways to get your players if you really want to get creative.

You'd be using the ridiculous ESPN talking heads to your advantage. The players would know it's just for staying on this roster, would feel like they're beating the NFL at their own game. And your media perception would be great, cause you're giving your players their "platform." Then again, the consequences would probably be catastrophic!

Not saying I condone mixing politics with football(I actually hate that) -- it just all depends on how bad you want your guys!
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 3,433
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Living up in North Texas, I read and hear far too much of Jerruh but I don't think that applies to the "good players" in Dallas. The idea to say a player like Jason Witten, Tyron Smith, Dez etc would get cut if kneeled for the N/A would be absurd. A fine or half game suspension...maybe. Hell, Jerruh would "take a knee" if he thought it would lead his team to another Super Bowl.

God Bless America.
So he really said that huh? Well, good for him. I really don't like the guy much, but if he really said that to his players, I respect that.
K Major likes this.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #38
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, AL (via NO and B/R)
Posts: 22,238
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

So you think a player will be OK with not signing an NFL contract at about $450,000 per year just for a chance to stay on the Saints practice squad, in addition to agreeing to do something underhanded?
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #39
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,804
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
How exactly do the PS rules suck? Players have to be cut to make the PS. Since they are cut, they are no longer the organization's players. They are free agents.

The final 5-7 cuts for every team are difficult. And most of those players either end up on a PS, or possibly are signed to another organization. But they are no longer Saints players no matter where they end up as any organzation can sign any PS player off any team to their 53.

SFIAH
MLB does it much better with its minor-league option years. You have 3 or so years where you can retain the younger/newer player's rights and move them between majors/minors without waiving them. I think the NFL organizations that find diamonds in the rough should be rewarded for their scouting, not screwed over because they don't have a spot for them at the time because of reasons out of their control (injuries). Compared to MLB and NBA, these rules stink. You shouldn't be able to snipe another team's up-and-comer just because that team didn't have room for them.


"Things were so much easier when Peyton was still a Colt and Tebow was still a Bronco"

"You lose focus in this game for one second - and somebody gets hurt" ... Danny, Oceans Eleven
neugey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #40
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,206
Re: Lewis, Lasco or Bighill?

Originally Posted by WillMacKenzie View Post
Yeah, I'm saying it jokingly -- just that there are ways to get your players if you really want to get creative.

You'd be using the ridiculous ESPN talking heads to your advantage. The players would know it's just for staying on this roster, would feel like they're beating the NFL at their own game. And your media perception would be great, cause you're giving your players their "platform." Then again, the consequences would probably be catastrophic!

Not saying I condone mixing politics with football(I actually hate that) -- it just all depends on how bad you want your guys!
Yea. Prescott could walk to mid field, drop his pants, squat, and leave a steamy turd then wipe his ass with the American flag and Jerry would lick it clean if he thought he could get a SB out of it.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/84023-lewis-lasco-bighill.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 08-27-2017 11:00 AM 14


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts