Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Somehow I don't think we are done

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by skymike We are 0-0 in Division. That and the fact that we're 0-2 are the only facts to this point in the season!...

Like Tree86Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #41
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,406
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
We are 0-0 in Division.
That and the fact that we're 0-2 are the only facts to this point in the season!
captainshawn likes this.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #42
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
That's good for you. Do what makes YOU feel good. I don't see anything wrong with you holding out hope, but if this is how he feels so be it. Either counter his argument with facts or be quiet. Simply attacking a poster for what they posted doesn't offer anything constructive. It just comes across as *****ing and complaining. The board is here for people to let out their frustrations. Allow him to be a member of the board and do what he needs to do to feel better. You're not going to change how he thinks or feels by simply complaining about how he thinks or feels. If you don't have anything constructive to offer about what he thinks then maybe you should not say anything.
LOL! You call that attacking?
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #43
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,157
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
Bro you don't get to claim that the new coaches were the fix and then turn around and spin it to be they would have fixed it if they had been signed earlier.

No matter how anyone spins this the man at the top is SP. He gets the blame after this many season and now 50 games of failure.
Spike, spin? No. Fact is I had been arguing, posting that changes had to be made to the coaching staff (for my part, specifically it was Vitt). Payton's fault, clearly stated then and now, was his reluctance to make those changes.

Spike you've been so f*cking negative with your blinded lust that pound of flesh for the disappointment the team has given all of us, you can't separate the progress and growing pains that's been made from the Payton/Loomis' failures to act or their misguided failures from a lack of not looking at themselves...

The real problems with this team started when Payton won a Superbowl and everyone, and I mean everyone, threw out careful organizational checks and balances, threw him on their shoulders and exalted him the king-dictator...

The team and its fanbase is simply paying the price for that hubris and we have to wait while a man now has to share (give up) that authority across the franchise with new, competent people in the organization...

It may be that by season's end that Payton has to go, but don't tell me that the team hasn't been making better moves the past two years...
Rugby Saint II likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #44
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Spike, spin? No. Fact is I had been arguing, posting that changes had to be made to the coaching staff (for my part, specifically it was Vitt). Payton's fault, clearly stated then and now, was his reluctance to make those changes.

Spike you've been so f*cking negative with your blinded lust that pound of flesh for the disappointment the team has given all of us, you can't separate the progress and growing pains that's been made from the Payton/Loomis' failures to act or their misguided failures from a lack of not looking at themselves...

The real problems with this team started when Payton won a Superbowl and everyone, and I mean everyone, threw out careful organizational checks and balances, threw him on their shoulders and exalted him the king-dictator...

The team and its fanbase is simply paying the price for that hubris and we have to wait while a man now has to share (give up) that authority across the franchise with new, competent people in the organization...

It may be that by season's end that Payton has to go, but don't tell me that the team hasn't been making better moves the past two years...
That is exactly what people are saying and based upon the fact that we lost two games that were perhaps our two most difficult all season. A bit reactionary, to say the least. I see the organization making strides in the right direction. Yesterday on NFL Radio Brady Quinn was talking about the Saints saying this very thing. He pointed out that he sees real improvement with the defense and that they faced two very difficult opponents right off the bat that they did not match up with well. He suggested patience saying that he expects much more out of the Saints before the season is over.
captainshawn likes this.

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #45
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,686
Blog Entries: 67
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
I disagree on the depth part. On paper, we actually have quite a bit of depth at all positions except OL and DT. Especially compared to recent years. By this time we are usually scouring the free agent pool for LB's and DB's.
I agree also and was referring to the bench we are seeing on the field now.
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #46
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,346
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

We can win the next 2 games and should win the next 2 games. Streif comes back and Snead...huge.
Papa Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #47
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by Papa Voodoo View Post
We can win the next 2 games and should win the next 2 games. Streif comes back and Snead...huge.
Armstead should be getting close to a return, as well.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #48
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,550
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Sounds like someone is in denial. I saw nothing that tells me this can be fixed with the current coaching & GM status. The offense looks flat & the defense has given up over 1,000 yards in 2 games.
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
NOLA54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #49
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 8,205
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Consider if Sean Payton, three years ago, would have fired Vitt, Johnson, McMahon?

Is the coaching stafff better than it was three ago?

Consider our defensive line, linebackers, cornerbacks, are they better deeper than three years ago?

Is the personnel better than it was three years ago?

Consider our kicking game, specifically our placekicker...

Is that position better than it was three years ago?

Look, many of these changes were looooong overdue, Payton was slow to do them and only having been the only guy to deliver a Lombardi and a 92yo owner gave him that time...

You've responded, liked/disliked my posts as much as anyone and you know how critical I've been of Payton the GM, Loomis the YesMan, and the Front Office needing to restructure...

So things like extended Nick Fairley without a more intense cardio workup with knowledge of him having cardio anomalies...

And the Saints Front Office and Payton acknowledged they screwed up and it's saved a life - Jon Dorenbos...

There's two (2) things that I'd say I'd be critical of at this point that Payton needs to address, and quickly if he's to save this season, and likely his job...

First, he's got to make a decision by the BYE week if D.A. is his man or if it's time to move on; don't think Payton didn't bring in Mike Nolan just to coach LBers - he's the backup plan...

Second, we screwed up shifting every two years between schemes, and I'm not sold on Rankins (Hicks, now with Chicago looks better)...

It may be time to put Rankins in a part-time role (like Fairley) and rotate those D-Lineman, giving them all a chance to eat, and be fresh for for 4 quarters...

We may just have to let Payton and this team regurgitate the remnant poor play and poor decision making to get that groove back...

And though the losses were embarrassing, they weren't against division foes, so lets let the first quarter of the season play out...[/B]
Fair enough brother .
jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #50
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,157
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Somehow I don't think we are done

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
We are 0-0 in Division.
Exactly. Look, those first two games smell of some real bad North Korean Kimchi...

But, we're not out of this and have the pieces to get it turned around, and get healthy...
AsylumGuido and BusDriver like this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/84296-somehow-i-dont-think-we-done.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Somehow I don't think we are done This thread Refback 09-17-2017 10:49 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts