Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Ok..On to The Panthers

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido No. Not normal. But I seriously do not think this defense is "historically bad". A ****load of new players facing two tough challenges right off the bat. Part of a rebuild is gaining your feet. I ...

Like Tree84Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #51
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 13,928
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
No. Not normal. But I seriously do not think this defense is "historically bad". A ****load of new players facing two tough challenges right off the bat. Part of a rebuild is gaining your feet.
I want to support this, and because I'm optimistic by nature I'm climbing on board this wagon with you, but it's a bumpy road and I hope I don't fall off...
jeanpierre likes this.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #52
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,168
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Even if we did play "two of the better teams" in the league, we were not even competitive in either of those games. Those two teams had us beat by half time. Therefore, there is no justifying our bad start, we just have a bad team. 4 years of the exact same stats and same patterns do not lie.
spkb25 likes this.
dizzle88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #53
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 8,209
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

The Vikings were a disappointing 8-8 in 2016.
The Pats were without key cogs on offense AND defense.

IMO, two very winnable games for the Saints. Enough with the excuses.

Find a way to beat Carolina at their house on Sunday.
spkb25 likes this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #54
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,691
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
No. Not normal. But I seriously do not think this defense is "historically bad". A ****load of new players facing two tough challenges right off the bat. Part of a rebuild is gaining your feet.
It is good you don't think that. The unfortunate reality is the 1000+ yards tends to disagree with you.

Maybe that all changes.
spkb25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #55
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,691
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
The Vikings were a disappointing 8-8 in 2016.
The Pats were without key cogs on offense AND defense.

IMO, two very winnable games for the Saints. Enough with the excuses.

Find a way to beat Carolina at their house on Sunday.
could you imagine if their best wide out had played. holy smokes
spkb25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #56
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
when did Minny, who did not even make the playoffs last year, get anointed to one of the better teams in the league? If we cannot play with the good teams how can we be considered a good team? And if I go with your idea that we played two of the better teams in the league and they played two of the worst, and we got destroyed by those two teams wouldn't that make us one of the bad teams in the league? What does that mean for us verse the Panties?
Sorry, but your logic is faulty. Read back through and you'll catch where you went wrong. At least I hope you do.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #57
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Even if we did play "two of the better teams" in the league, we were not even competitive in either of those games. Those two teams had us beat by half time. Therefore, there is no justifying our bad start, we just have a bad team. 4 years of the exact same stats and same patterns do not lie.
Fine. You give up and wallow in self pity. I'm going into this coming weekend excited and ready for a great run!

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #58
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,859
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
It is good you don't think that. The unfortunate reality is the 1000+ yards tends to disagree with you.

Maybe that all changes.
So you think we suck. Right? Well ... no matter how much you ***** and moan the next game will be what it is. For myself, I'm going into it just like every game for the last 50 years. We're going to win.

I know you though, before that game you will post at least 100 posts lamenting about everything that is wrong and how the franchise is doomed.

I love you, Spike!

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #59
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,161
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

I'll say this about the defense. -not so much as an excuse, but something to factor in all the minutiae of the miserable start...

We've got Delvin Breaux, Trey Hendrickson, Stephone Anthony, Ken Crawley out and are starting two rookies in Anzalone and Williams...

I like where we are now compared to the past three seasons at this time...
Utah_Saint likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #60
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,691
Re: Ok..On to The Pathers

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
So you think we suck. Right? Well ... no matter how much you ***** and moan the next game will be what it is. For myself, I'm going into it just like every game for the last 50 years. We're going to win.

I know you though, before that game you will post at least 100 posts lamenting about everything that is wrong and how the franchise is doomed.

I love you, Spike!

Thank you for posting what you think of me vs what the Saints have done, etc. or the fact that they have let up 1000 yards
spkb25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/84312-ok-panthers.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 09-18-2017 11:53 PM 3
Ok..On to The Pathers This thread Refback 09-18-2017 07:06 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts