Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Crawley the number one rated CB?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by WHODATINCA I have a question for the football hive-mind here: What are the ideal physical dimensions for a cornerback? Does height matter? Weight? Darrell Revis: Height 5′ 11″, Weight 198 lbs Richard Sherman: Height 6′ 3″, Weight ...

Like Tree43Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2017, 05:05 AM   #21
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,698
Blog Entries: 67
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
I have a question for the football hive-mind here: What are the ideal physical dimensions for a cornerback? Does height matter? Weight?

Darrell Revis: Height 5′ 11″, Weight 198 lbs
Richard Sherman: Height 6′ 3″, Weight 194 lbs
Chris Harris Jr.: Height 5′ 10″, Weight 198 lbs
Brandon Browner: Height 6′ 4″, Weight 220 lbs
Ken Crawley: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 180 lbs
Patrick Peterson: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 219 lbs
Aquib Taleb: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 205 lbs
Marcus Peters: Height 6′ 0″, Weight 196 lbs

I thought this article was interesting....
Why Being Short Doesn't Matter for Top Cornerback Prospects | Bleacher Report

CB? I like taller CB 5'11" to 6'1" seems to be the best range as this points out. Always looking for that 6'1 and taller freak to match up with the ever taller WRs in the NFL.

physically I look at arm length as much as height. It is a combo thing in my book.

Physical gifts can only cover up only so much

The huge thing is simple

God given traits: Reaction, Instincts and FIQ

Now when they figure out how to measure those, it is a crap shoot.
hagan714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,161
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Philly is tapping the "New Orleans" pipeline!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 4,663
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
Wtf is PRob doing on there?! Lmao! Well we couldn't have been totally wrong. He went to the Chargers and Colts after us and did nothing. I think Philly has a DB whisperer. They need to promote that man.
Screw dat, we need to hire him!
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #24
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 8,247
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by cars4dylan View Post
Oh, puhhhleease.....that interception was pure crap technique by a TE that didn't know the ball was coming his way that soon and a horrible throw by a wannabe commentator acting as a starting QB in the NFL. I only wish they had a close up of Crawley's face when that ball was thrown right to him, at least he caught it!

He's got some ball hawk-ish skills but he's got a lot to learn and if he'd been in the first 2 games his stats would be waaaaaay worse than this pic that is posted shows. The fact that the stats were achieved against two QBs not playing very well at the time of the games should skew how anyone looks at them.
He can only play against the teams in front of him on the schedule. Were you expecting a Patrick Peterson type performance? Some of us as fans have really unrealistic expectations from players at this level.

He'll be tested next week against Highland Park. Kind of early to be this critical on a guy whose performed well in his first two starts. Especially considering he went undrafted 2 short seasons ago.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,097
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

You have to Crawl before you can walk
WillMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,451
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Doubt Ken keeps the number 1 spot, but he and Lattimore are killing it. It seems our DBs are all playing at a high level for the last 2 weeks.

Two thoughts still come to mind. Why did we play zone in the first two weeks? Why was Harris starting while Crawley wasn't even active?

Once again it appeared we out coached ourselves in the first two weeks, glad it got corrected.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #27
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 15,726
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by cars4dylan View Post
Oh, puhhhleease.....that interception was pure crap technique by a TE that didn't know the ball was coming his way that soon and a horrible throw by a wannabe commentator acting as a starting QB in the NFL. I only wish they had a close up of Crawley's face when that ball was thrown right to him, at least he caught it!

He's got some ball hawk-ish skills but he's got a lot to learn and if he'd been in the first 2 games his stats would be waaaaaay worse than this pic that is posted shows. The fact that the stats were achieved against two QBs not playing very well at the time of the games should skew how anyone looks at them. At his very worst though he's not D. Harris who got beat like a rented mule in the plays he was "covering" any slot, let alone the 1 or 2 WRs of Minnesota and New England.

And Patrick Robinson.....oh goodnes, certainly a worse 1st rnd pick than any other made in a long time....looooooooong time!
Having a bad day? Smoke a doobie and relax. Don't let it get you down man.
CharityMike likes this.
Rugby Saint II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #28
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 17,183
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
I have a question for the football hive-mind here: What are the ideal physical dimensions for a cornerback? Does height matter? Weight?

Darrell Revis: Height 5′ 11″, Weight 198 lbs
Richard Sherman: Height 6′ 3″, Weight 194 lbs
Chris Harris Jr.: Height 5′ 10″, Weight 198 lbs
Brandon Browner: Height 6′ 4″, Weight 220 lbs
Ken Crawley: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 180 lbs
Patrick Peterson: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 219 lbs
Aquib Taleb: Height 6′ 1″, Weight 205 lbs
Marcus Peters: Height 6′ 0″, Weight 196 lbs

I thought this article was interesting....
Why Being Short Doesn't Matter for Top Cornerback Prospects | Bleacher Report
Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
That 5’11”-6’1” range is ideal in my opinion. Richard Sherman is 6’3”, but he benefits from a great scheme, elite safety help, and a quality pass rush. He’s susceptible to double moves and quicker receivers, and I think it’s because of his height. He doesn’t have a low enough center of gravity.
The days of Oakland Raiders type Cornerbacks being physical and flat whoopin' another man's arse are done in the NFL...

That said, the physicality required today is to be able to be available for 16 games, be able to physically jam a receiver at the line, and...

and, hope you play on a team with a pass rush that can get to the QB before the pass is sent to a WR bigger than you, breaking on a route before you...

Many HS running backs use to resent getting to college and getting converted to a DB...

But now it's evident that unless you're a Zeke Elliott or Alvin Kamara, for longevity, opportunity, and financial interests - today's NFL, you're better off being a DB...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #29
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,477
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
It was Vitt that was doing Vicodin, not Payton. Can't you even get that right?

Were you there? Show me one article that says Vitt was "doing" Vicodin.
If you don't think Payton had issues with substance abuse you are blind
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,886
Re: Crawley the number one rated CB?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Were you there? Show me one article that says Vitt was "doing" Vicodin.
If you don't think Payton had issues with substance abuse you are blind
Are you serious?

Pain management in NFL spawns culture of prescription drug abuse

Not only was Vitt the one taking the Vicodin, but he also served in a 12 month pre-trial diversion program for stealing the drug. The whole deal about Payton was the media making incorrect assumptions when it was leaked an unnamed Saints coach was implicated.

You made this same mistake multiple times in the past and I have pointed out the true facts on each occasion.

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/84571-crawley-number-one-rated-cb.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-06-2017 09:47 AM 14
Crawley the number one rated CB? This thread Refback 10-06-2017 09:45 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts