Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Twitter...

Like Tree19Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Threaded by jeanpierre
Site Donor 2018
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 22,090

Blog Entries: 31
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Views: 1321
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 573
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Minnesota's defense is one of the few defenses in the league that I can honestly say has been exceptional in both stopping the pass and the run throughout the entirety of the year.

We're going to have to stay balanced, and don't abandon the run regardless of whether it is working or not. We're going to have to keep their defense on their toes to stop both the run and the pass.. because to beat Minnesota we are going to need to capitalize on a few big plays.
Rell&Gold likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 10,323
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

The Saints will be the best offense they've seen ALL SEASON & expect rust from this "vaunted D" . They are solid on defense but not elite. Put down the anointing oil.

Trust me, we'll move the ball on em. This isn't the 2000 Ravens defense.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 15,253
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
The Saints will be the best offense they've seen ALL SEASON & expect rust from this "vaunted D" . They are solid on defense but not elite. Put down the anointing oil.

Trust me, we'll move the ball on em. This isn't the 2000 Ravens defense.
Watching and reading this week has reminded me we did move the ball on them. There's a Drew Brees audio clip they're showing where he says we had 8 drives and moved the ball...but didn't score touchdowns.

I'm also seeing clips of them blowing up our offensive line.

In my mind, that first game might as well have been last season. Things are that much different for both teams. I'm most worried though about our injuries. I would be supremely confident if we were healthy. As it is I'm calling it 27-24 Saints.

AsylumGuido and Utah_Saint like this.

How many dancing bananas will Saintfan award YOU????
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 2,011
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

20 on IR as of today. That just sounds crazy to me.
hagan714 likes this.
73Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 7,011
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
20 on IR as of today. That just sounds crazy to me.
Nothing but a small footnote when Brees is hosting the Lombardi for the second time on February 4th!

15-5 Baby!

jeanpierre, 73Saint and WW_Who_Dat like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 7,011
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Watching and reading this week has reminded me we did move the ball on them. There's a Drew Brees audio clip they're showing where he says we had 8 drives and moved the ball...but didn't score touchdowns.

I'm also seeing clips of them blowing up our offensive line.

In my mind, that first game might as well have been last season. Things are that much different for both teams. I'm most worried though about our injuries. I would be supremely confident if we were healthy. As it is I'm calling it 27-24 Saints.

Night and day! We have improved tremendously and they have been treading water against a weak schedule. We are going to release all sort of hell on them come Sunday.

15-5 Baby!

saintfan and 73Saint like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #8
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 22,090
Blog Entries: 31
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
The Saints will be the best offense they've seen ALL SEASON & expect rust from this "vaunted D" . They are solid on defense but not elite. Put down the anointing oil.

Trust me, we'll move the ball on em. This isn't the 2000 Ravens defense.
I'm hopeful, just not as confident as this is a pretty special defense that the Vikings have...

They've got guys rightfully recognized on all three levels (i.e. defensive linemen, linebackers, defensive backs)...

Brees will have to play a game better than he gave against the Panthers as well as Michael Thomas and the receivers...

Personally, I think we're gonna pound them with body shots aka run game as that facet of our game is much better...

I'd like to see more Off-Tackle stuff, right at those pass rushers to wear their asses out, as well as those big interior boys...

Even if the game is 9-6, 12-10 at the half, we'll be in striking range for a big play to break things open for us in the second half...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 15,253
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
I'm hopeful, just not as confident as this is a pretty special defense that the Vikings have...

They've got guys rightfully recognized on all three levels (i.e. defensive linemen, linebackers, defensive backs)...

Brees will have to play a game better than he gave against the Panthers as well as Michael Thomas and the receivers...

Personally, I think we're gonna pound them with body shots aka run game as that facet of our game is much better...

I'd like to see more Off-Tackle stuff, right at those pass rushers to wear their asses out, as well as those big interior boys...

Even if the game is 9-6, 12-10 at the half, we'll be in striking range for a big play to break things open for us in the second half...
Agreed. Field position is especially vital. Special teams could have a word to say in this game.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #10
Site Donor 2017
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leicester, England
Posts: 642
Re: Creating 'havoc': Vikings greatest strength could exploit Saints greatest weakness

Iv'e already got butterflies in my stomach for Sundays game and theres still another 3 days to go!

GEAUX SAINTS!! WHO DAT!
73Saint likes this.
SaintFanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/86748-creating-havoc-vikings-greatest-strength-could-exploit-saints-greatest-weakness.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-11-2018 03:09 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts