Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Jim Henderson announces retirement

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Is he still calling games? This is station retirement....

Like Tree27Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #11
Threaded by Beastmode
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,161

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Is he still calling games? This is station retirement.
Views: 930
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #12
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Hermitage, La.
Posts: 287
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

He has been semi retired from the station for some time now. this is retirement from calling games...
captainshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #13
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 4,376
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

Man that will be so different, good luck in retirement!!
Mardigras9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #14
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 16,518
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

My ears already miss him........he was very informative and entertaining.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,629
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

To be honest I haven't heard him in anything other than select replays on radio. Ever since we got Sunday Ticket many years ago when it first came out I have never had a reason to listen to a game.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #16
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 16,518
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
To be honest I haven't heard him in anything other than select replays on radio. Ever since we got Sunday Ticket many years ago when it first came out I have never had a reason to listen to a game.
There have been plenty of times that I was on the road and was glad to hear Jim keeping me up with what was happening on the field.
K Major likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 2,003
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

It was different for me, as most folks would turn the volume down and listen while watching. Not me. As I've mentioned here before I have been listening to Jim since my childhood, as we rarely get to watch the noon games, traveling home on Sundays from deer camp. Sleeping in the back seat of my dad's Bronco, praying to God he didn't have a massive heart attack listening to the Saints find ways to lose. I can remember as far back as the early 80s (and maybe even late 70s), that was how we got our Saints games.

Won't be the same without you, Jim. You will be missed dearly.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
73Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,182
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
To be honest I haven't heard him in anything other than select replays on radio. Ever since we got Sunday Ticket many years ago when it first came out I have never had a reason to listen to a game.
Not everyone gets to be home every Sunday. I always found his voice a little over bearing when he'd get excited, but I appreciated his enthusiasm. Many radio voices are dry and detached. As an LSU fan, ever since Jim Hawthorne retired, it just hasn't been the same. The new guy seems nice, and he is professional. But it's very obvious that he's not from around here, as his enthusiasm is either forced, or sometimes not even there.
K Major likes this.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,824
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Not everyone gets to be home every Sunday. I always found his voice a little over bearing when he'd get excited, but I appreciated his enthusiasm. Many radio voices are dry and detached. As an LSU fan, ever since Jim Hawthorne retired, it just hasn't been the same. The new guy seems nice, and he is professional. But it's very obvious that he's not from around here, as his enthusiasm is either forced, or sometimes not even there.
Agreed.

There is another guy I miss on the air waves. His delivery was spot on & he was a terrific on air personality. I can only imagine the sports stories he's shared with his grand kids.

Side note & true story ... Mr. Henderson stayed (pre flood of 2016) a block away from my mom in Park Forest Subdivision/Baton Rouge. Great broadcaster and also a cool neighbor .
burningmetal likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,182
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Jim Henderson announces retirement

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Agreed.

There is another guy I miss on the air waves. His delivery was spot on & he was a terrific on air personality. I can only imagine the sports stories he's shared with his grand kids.

Side note & true story ... Mr. Henderson stayed (pre flood of 2016) a block away from my mom in Park Forest Subdivision/Baton Rouge. Great broadcaster and also a cool neighbor .
That's pretty cool, man. He does seem like he'd be a nice guy. Hopefully he enjoys his retirement.
K Major likes this.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/87170-jim-henderson-announces-retirement.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Jim Henderson announces retirement This thread Refback 02-01-2018 03:59 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts