Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the team right now?
Most Excellent 9 27.27%
Above Average 23 69.70%
Average 1 3.03%
Rotten Tomato's 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

What do you really think?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I put above average. I'm enjoying this off season. I like what we did got the 2nd best rated pass rusher in the draft. I also love grabbing the best rated slot CB in Prob, up grade at MLB, added ...

Like Tree22Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 58
Re: What do you really think?

I put above average. I'm enjoying this off season. I like what we did got the 2nd best rated pass rusher in the draft. I also love grabbing the best rated slot CB in Prob, up grade at MLB, added depth to the O line, and brought back Watson. I also like what we didn't do. I would have liked both Suh and to a lesser extent Jimmy G but I'm glad we didn't break the bank for either.
SaintGnome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:54 AM   #22
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 19,983
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What do you really think?

Overall, I certainly like where we finished last season vs the previous three seasons...

Mixed bag on the free agent signings; very unhappy with the draft management this year vs last...

Guess we'll find out this Fall if we did enough to get over the top or if the other kids did more...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,169
Re: What do you really think?

I think things are lookin pretty good right now but they need to figure out why they struggled on third down last season. If they can sustain drives and play defense like they did last season, this could be one of the best teams in franchise history.
K Major likes this.
Utah_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #24
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,717
Blog Entries: 1
Re: What do you really think?

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
I think things are lookin pretty good right now but they need to figure out why they struggled on third down last season. If they can sustain drives and play defense like they did last season, this could be one of the best teams in franchise history.
Puzzling for me too Utah. Bottom 3rd last year is not what I was used to. When teams took away Michael T, it was over. The lack of production from Willie didn't help either .

We must do better in 2018 on 3rd down
. I think the likes of Meredith & TreQuan will help though.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 19,983
Blog Entries: 29
Re: What do you really think?

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Puzzling for me too Utah. Bottom 3rd last year is not what I was used to. When teams took away Michael T, it was over. The lack of production from Willie didn't help either .

We must do better in 2018 on 3rd down
. I think the likes of Meredith & TreQuan will help though.
Return of Watson, healthier Josh Hill will also help; and keep an eye on Keith Kirkwood who could show dramatic growth working with Curtis Johnson...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #26
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,863
Re: What do you really think?

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
I say one play away and we would've beat Philly but oh well only a memory now. We've got at least 2 more years with Drew and we need to put everything into it to make it count. We will have to rebuild somewhat after he's gone but hell we're all used to that rebuilding crap!
Nobody was beating Philly that night. Nobody.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #27
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 6,589
Re: What do you really think?

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Nobody was beating Philly that night. Nobody.
Not according to NFL Live this past Thursday on ESPN. They were talking about the Saints and how strong they look and they all felt like the Saints would have handled the Eagles had they had not lost to the Vikes.

The Eagles only looked as good as they looked because they were playing a weaker team than what the Saints would have fielded.

Oh, and was that your lone "Average" vote that suddenly appeared in the poll?
CheramieIII likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #28
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,837
Blog Entries: 3
Re: What do you really think?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Not according to NFL Live this past Thursday on ESPN. They were talking about the Saints and how strong they look and they all felt like the Saints would have handled the Eagles had they had not lost to the Vikes.

The Eagles only looked as good as they looked because they were playing a weaker team than what the Saints would have fielded.

Oh, and was that your lone "Average" vote that suddenly appeared in the poll?
Damn AG, I guess you're known for cutting heads!

Last edited by CheramieIII; 05-20-2018 at 10:03 AM..
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/88809-what-do-you-really-think.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
What do you really think? This thread Refback 05-15-2018 06:05 AM 2
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-15-2018 05:53 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts