Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/ope...ntextwidth=417 It's a Real Player file so you have to have the real player. If you don't you can download it at www.realplayer.com...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
Saints/LSU Fan!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 115
Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/ope...ntextwidth=417

It's a Real Player file so you have to have the real player. If you don't you can download it at www.realplayer.com
newshound is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 06-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 109
RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

Why don't they ask ?'s about fumbling, leadership, his role on the team last year vs this year, laughing on the sidelines, etc, etc

i dont care about bs "team" talk and AB getting to know some actor

blah
mayoj is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Glad I didn't click it then. I thought it would be BS.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #4
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,631
RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

Whatever Mayoj! How much do I love Michael Vartan right now? "I'll trade an Oscar for a Saints Super Bowl." Damn skippy. I'd trade my first child for a Saints Super Bowl. For those of you who don't know, that means I'm offering up BnB - I'm his daddy. LOL

OK, my two cents - AB looked a little strained trying to say and do the right things. That means two things to me: first, it doesn't come naturally. Second, the guy seems to be trying really hard to be professional and a leader and team player. I'll give the man a lot of credit for that, and I hope for everyone's sake, that he has a fantastic year. Make me forget the name Adrian McPherson, Aaron.

\"Excuses, excuses, excuses. That’s all anyone ever makes for the New Orleans Saints’ organization.\" - Eric Narcisse


\"Being a Saints fan is almost like being addicted to crack,\"
he said.[i]\"You know you should stop, but you just can\'t.\"
WhoDat is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,387
Re: RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

Originally Posted by mayoj
Why don't they ask ?'s about fumbling, leadership, his role on the team last year vs this year, laughing on the sidelines, etc, etc

i dont care about bs "team" talk and AB getting to know some actor

blah
... it ain't 60 Minutes... it is the NFL Network... for anyone who's looking for hard hitting sports journalism, the NFL Network is NOT the palce to get it...

... besides, what do you want to hear from Brooks?

"...uh, yeah, I fumble a lot... "
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no top 5 QB..."
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no leader..."
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
.. besides, what do you want to hear from Brooks?

"...uh, yeah, I fumble a lot... "
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no top 5 QB..."
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no leader..."
uh, yeah
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,387
Originally Posted by saintswhodi
.. besides, what do you want to hear from Brooks?

"...uh, yeah, I fumble a lot... "
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no top 5 QB..."
"...uh, yeah, I ain't no leader..."
uh, yeah
...have a heart, man!!!
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #8
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 690
Re: RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

Originally Posted by WhoDat
Whatever Mayoj! How much do I love Michael Vartan right now? "I'll trade an Oscar for a Saints Super Bowl." Damn skippy. I'd trade my first child for a Saints Super Bowl. For those of you who don't know, that means I'm offering up BnB - I'm his daddy. LOL

OK, my two cents - AB looked a little strained trying to say and do the right things. That means two things to me: first, it doesn't come naturally. Second, the guy seems to be trying really hard to be professional and a leader and team player. I'll give the man a lot of credit for that, and I hope for everyone's sake, that he has a fantastic year. Make me forget the name Adrian McPherson, Aaron.
Got to see I agree with you even though not natural I thought AB did a very good job at giving Horn and Deuce credit -- thought he did a good job discussing the defense -- thought his statement that playing as a team was what led to the 4 game winning streak and thought what he said about McPherson was exactly what he should have said (although that is where you could really tell he was stretching his attitude a little). All in all one of the better interviews I have seen Aaron give -- Okay AB -- now that you have my attention make me into a Brooks believer
4saintspirit is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 109
RE: Re: RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

I agree with the comments on Brooks doing a good job. I don't even think he looked uncomfortable up there. I would just rather here about more significant things. I guess when it comes down to it though, an interview like that is just to get people thinking about the coming season, not to reveal any insight.

As for handling himself well and all that, it just means he passed in the PR department. I'm sorry but that doesn't mean too much to me. If he doesn't know to mention team work and being excited about making the playoffs this season in an interview then he really has had his head somewhere else these four years.

My point: this interview gave no info and did nothing to excite me about the season (not to say that I am not already very excited; I'm going to be at the 9/11 game in charlotte). Whodat, if it really got your motor running, then it doesn't take too much; but I'm glad you got something out of it. I did not.
mayoj is offline  
Old 06-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #10
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 690
Re: RE: Re: RE: Aaron Brooks on NFL total access

Originally Posted by mayoj
If he doesn't know to mention team work and being excited about making the playoffs this season in an interview then he really has had his head somewhere else these four years.
I think I liked it because it showed a marked improvement over the past years and interviews -- I mean -- who can forget the memorable interview where he said he was a great player on an average team and Delhomme was an average player on a great team --- Or how about the fans are dissin me --- quote after quote it was always about AB -- this time was very different

And yeah -- I think he did have his head somewherer else the previous 4 years --
4saintspirit is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts