Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

I'm over it

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 It won't be forgotten. It can't be forgotten. But, you carry that water all you want. I'm getting ready for a revenge season part II It won't matter who the best team is if the refs ...

Like Tree78Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 49
Re: I'm over it

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
It won't be forgotten. It can't be forgotten. But, you carry that water all you want. I'm getting ready for a revenge season part II
It won't matter who the best team is if the refs get in the way. Goodell has made it clear nothing is going to change. That noncall has ruined it for me until accountability is enforced. That's obviously not going to happen as long as this commissioner is in power. I'm no longer willing to shrug off doubts about the whole thing being rigged. The damage is done.
dskyyksd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 5,509
Re: I'm over it

Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
I will start by apologizing for my excessive rant here and I don't mean to derail the original poster's thread. Rather than start a new one though the "I'm over it" is a fitting thread for this to be in. I am over the non-call play and the loss.

My life as a Saints fan started in 1979. I certainly didn't chose this team jumping on a winning organization band wagon. My reasons were bizarre but included picking a team in a division that was an opponent of my father's team and having developed a dislike for his 49ers.

Losses were not an issue for me to get over and never in my lifetime did I expect to see the Saints as Super Bowl champions. The day that happened my football soul was fulfilled. This team never had to win another game again. Losses don't upset me.

But the NFCCG loss and non-call hit me like a slap in the face. This is a terrible analogy I am about to use and I also apologize if the use of it appears to make light of a much more serious situation. That isn't my intention, but I can't find a better one right now. I felt like a victim of a domestic abuse situation. One who has been accepting it, apologizing for it, overlooking it and finding excuses for it. And then this final slap in the face opened my eyes and made it the resolve I needed to say no more.

I've been disliking the path the NFL has been going for well over a decade. I've not been a proponent of the changes being made to the rules and feel the game is changing for the worse. I cannot stand the way the NFL has been managed under the current commissioner. His entire tenure has been a farce filled with lies, errors, abuse of authority, disregard for the integrity of the league and the sport. Unfortunately he has been rewarded with ever increasing revenues across the league making owners overlook his incompetence. As long as the money is rolling in the owners turn a blind eye. The bottom line is the bottom line. Officiating has been just horrific for many years and rocketing to new lows constantly. I'm reminded by friends and family of my constant complaining about the game, officiating and how frustrated I get with the sport now. I'm not just referring to Saints games. I shut off a dozen games this year that were just other prime time match ups in disgust at how bad the officiating was or how the changes just make this game so different it's unwatchable at times.

The non-call in the NFCCG was admittedly the close to home slap in the face that made me stop accepting the crappy product being offered. Made me say no more to what the NFL was shoving down my throat. The dumpster that stunk so bad for the last decade has finally encroached close enough to me that I am sick I overlooked how bad it smelled before. Now that it's so close to me I can't take it anymore.

I have loved football for over 40 years. Far too much of my life has been football. I've honestly spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on merchandise, memorabilia and going to games around the country. Not one dollar more goes to anything that says NFL. I've been fooled for too long now and I won't accept the garbage the league and commission try to make me smell anymore.

Goodell has ruined this sport and will continue to do so as long as he is in power. Owners won't make changes until they are punched in the wallet. It's a speck but it's the only leverage I personally have.

I'm over the non-call. I'm over the loss. I'm awakened and suddenly aware of the trash being served to me and the blatant and intentional ignorance of the problems in this game. You ask a thousand football fans what they find the most frustrating about football and they will all say the officiating or the commissioner regardless of the team affiliation or allegiance. How the commission and league has disregarded the most obvious and talked about flaw in the sport and refusal to address the officiating can, to me, only be construed as intentional. Having reviewed many games this year I am fully of the conclusion that the NFL is utilizing the officiating as the scapegoat to intentionally create competition in games where it may not exist to their liking. When the average football fan is polled they want scoring and competitive games. The NFL has manipulated the rules to enhance scoring and I think they have also manipulated officiating to create competitive balance. People turn off boring non-competitive games. People tune in to high scoring competitive games. The NFL believes the Chiefs-Rams prime time game was an amazing thing to behold. It was a joke of a football game to most tried and true football fans. I truly believe that the NFL has intentionally disregarded improving the officiating and possibly used this as a means to enhance competitiveness in games. Not scripting outcomes hopefully, but making sure the games are entertaining to the casual fan who's new revenues they need to capture. They don't care about the die hard football fan. They have us and all of our dollars. They need the fan who might switch the channel. They need the large market of Los Angeles to be successful. They need to international market dollars. These are where the new revenues grow, not where they have watered the grass for decades already and reaped every crop. And they will wreck this game even further to get more new dollars.

I have the Saints tattoo'd on my body in multiple places. I've been a Saints fan for 40 years. I am no longer an NFL fan and I won't spend one more cent of my money on them again. I'll watch every Saints game free of charge and that will now be the extent of my NFL involvement going forward. I can only hope the owners can see how Goodell has destroyed this league and game and maybe turn back the clock and try to make better football than try to build a better business. It's hard to overcome that greed though.

Sorry for killing the internet. Had to get it off my chest.


Dude u need to send this to every owner in the entire league seriously . Itís a very educated write up it needs to be seeded in mail bags across the country. I can say this over and over in my mind but to write it Iím as dumb as they come. Thank u for putting it down. I dropped nfl channel in a sign of discuss. For that lying ass trash of a commish
lumm0x likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:02 PM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 16,258
Blog Entries: 5
Re: I'm over it

Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
I will start by apologizing for my excessive rant here and I don't mean to derail the original poster's thread. Rather than start a new one though the "I'm over it" is a fitting thread for this to be in. I am over the non-call play and the loss.

My life as a Saints fan started in 1979. I certainly didn't chose this team jumping on a winning organization band wagon. My reasons were bizarre but included picking a team in a division that was an opponent of my father's team and having developed a dislike for his 49ers.

Losses were not an issue for me to get over and never in my lifetime did I expect to see the Saints as Super Bowl champions. The day that happened my football soul was fulfilled. This team never had to win another game again. Losses don't upset me.

But the NFCCG loss and non-call hit me like a slap in the face. This is a terrible analogy I am about to use and I also apologize if the use of it appears to make light of a much more serious situation. That isn't my intention, but I can't find a better one right now. I felt like a victim of a domestic abuse situation. One who has been accepting it, apologizing for it, overlooking it and finding excuses for it. And then this final slap in the face opened my eyes and made it the resolve I needed to say no more.

I've been disliking the path the NFL has been going for well over a decade. I've not been a proponent of the changes being made to the rules and feel the game is changing for the worse. I cannot stand the way the NFL has been managed under the current commissioner. His entire tenure has been a farce filled with lies, errors, abuse of authority, disregard for the integrity of the league and the sport. Unfortunately he has been rewarded with ever increasing revenues across the league making owners overlook his incompetence. As long as the money is rolling in the owners turn a blind eye. The bottom line is the bottom line. Officiating has been just horrific for many years and rocketing to new lows constantly. I'm reminded by friends and family of my constant complaining about the game, officiating and how frustrated I get with the sport now. I'm not just referring to Saints games. I shut off a dozen games this year that were just other prime time match ups in disgust at how bad the officiating was or how the changes just make this game so different it's unwatchable at times.

The non-call in the NFCCG was admittedly the close to home slap in the face that made me stop accepting the crappy product being offered. Made me say no more to what the NFL was shoving down my throat. The dumpster that stunk so bad for the last decade has finally encroached close enough to me that I am sick I overlooked how bad it smelled before. Now that it's so close to me I can't take it anymore.

I have loved football for over 40 years. Far too much of my life has been football. I've honestly spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on merchandise, memorabilia and going to games around the country. Not one dollar more goes to anything that says NFL. I've been fooled for too long now and I won't accept the garbage the league and commission try to make me smell anymore.

Goodell has ruined this sport and will continue to do so as long as he is in power. Owners won't make changes until they are punched in the wallet. It's a speck but it's the only leverage I personally have.

I'm over the non-call. I'm over the loss. I'm awakened and suddenly aware of the trash being served to me and the blatant and intentional ignorance of the problems in this game. You ask a thousand football fans what they find the most frustrating about football and they will all say the officiating or the commissioner regardless of the team affiliation or allegiance. How the commission and league has disregarded the most obvious and talked about flaw in the sport and refusal to address the officiating can, to me, only be construed as intentional. Having reviewed many games this year I am fully of the conclusion that the NFL is utilizing the officiating as the scapegoat to intentionally create competition in games where it may not exist to their liking. When the average football fan is polled they want scoring and competitive games. The NFL has manipulated the rules to enhance scoring and I think they have also manipulated officiating to create competitive balance. People turn off boring non-competitive games. People tune in to high scoring competitive games. The NFL believes the Chiefs-Rams prime time game was an amazing thing to behold. It was a joke of a football game to most tried and true football fans. I truly believe that the NFL has intentionally disregarded improving the officiating and possibly used this as a means to enhance competitiveness in games. Not scripting outcomes hopefully, but making sure the games are entertaining to the casual fan who's new revenues they need to capture. They don't care about the die hard football fan. They have us and all of our dollars. They need the fan who might switch the channel. They need the large market of Los Angeles to be successful. They need to international market dollars. These are where the new revenues grow, not where they have watered the grass for decades already and reaped every crop. And they will wreck this game even further to get more new dollars.

I have the Saints tattoo'd on my body in multiple places. I've been a Saints fan for 40 years. I am no longer an NFL fan and I won't spend one more cent of my money on them again. I'll watch every Saints game free of charge and that will now be the extent of my NFL involvement going forward. I can only hope the owners can see how Goodell has destroyed this league and game and maybe turn back the clock and try to make better football than try to build a better business. It's hard to overcome that greed though.

Sorry for killing the internet. Had to get it off my chest.
I fully believe the part I selected, and, heck, I agree with all of it. The selected part - this is the part that fans of the GAME (not necessarily the league) MUST NOT LET GO. We have to make noise so that the league understands we're on to what they're doing and force them to fix it or deal with a reduced bottom line, which is all they're worried about. WE HAVE TO CHALLENGE THE LEGITIMACY OF THE GAMES BASED ON THE GENUINELY HORRIBLE OFFICIATING.

The ONLY way we can do that is to stop the influx of money. I'll be watching the Saints play, but I'll do so via illegal streaming again. I haven't spent any money on the league since bountygate.

We need fans from all 32 teams to get on board and DEMAND a change. This is why I say WE CAN NOT LET THIS DIE.

I enjoyed your post man. I'm with you. They're killing our game.

lumm0x and dam1953 like this.

How many dancing bananas will Saintfan award YOU????
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:13 AM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 2,321
Re: I'm over it

I believe as much as they were talking about the Minneapolis Miracle they should be talking about the NFL robbery from the saints
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:52 AM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 5,123
Re: I'm over it

Trying to figure which was worse the "no call" or SP's suspension.
RailBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 AM   #26
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 12,902
Blog Entries: 1
Re: I'm over it

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
I believe as much as they were talking about the Minneapolis Miracle they should be talking about the NFL robbery from the saints
Actually they (sports news/103.3) still do up this way in DeathStar nation.

Long time Dallas reporter Dale Hansen had a nice commentary on "What's wrong with the NFL, Roger Goddell and the refs" right after that NFCCG.

It was a very interesting take.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #27
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 670
Re: I'm over it

Usually I flip through all the games after the Saints games. Only watching Saints next year....don't care about the implications of other games either.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #28
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 5,509
Re: I'm over it

No matter where u go what u do people are still in a mourning stage of the cheat the saints got .this is something else , at a DR. Appointment yesterday nurse practitioner goes off on the game then the office chimes in ripped shafted , itís gonna come out somethingís has to give one of them refs is gonna cash in on a book one day and expose all one said . I double pumped my eyes at her and the woman was almost in tears. Omg my relatives from Beaumont Tex all the way to jasper are still sick about the no call . I just could shake my head in agreement donít get me cranked up I said .

thats the fact jack!!!!!
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 3,521
Re: I'm over it

Don't know about ya'll but I'm still in mourning. Just today I'm having lunch at this little brew pub in scenic Atchison, Kansas. All lunch the TVs are playing Super Bowl highlights. It was all I could do not to puke on the table.
dam1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 8,092
Re: I'm over it

Originally Posted by dam1953 View Post
Don't know about ya'll but I'm still in mourning. Just today I'm having lunch at this little brew pub in scenic Atchison, Kansas. All lunch the TVs are playing Super Bowl highlights. It was all I could do not to puke on the table.
Not sure if I've passed mourning or not gotten there yet. Mostly still a lot of pissed off. Keep imagining if Brees had not pushed that short pass to Thomas to stop the clock. Or, if Thomas had miraculously snagged it. Or, the penalty (any of them) had been called on "The Play". We would still be relishing in the glow of our second Lombardi. No way we were losing to the Patriots.

Not sure where I am mentally. Whatever it is I don't think it will ever go away completely.


2019! 19-0 Baby!


AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts