Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

The Only place you can find people blaming Brooks

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by milestonesoul Really tell me who eles in the leauge is outside of those QB's would you rather have leading the saints? You mean outside of Manning, McNabb, Brady, Hassleback, Culpepper, and Vick, who else is a better ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,631
Originally Posted by milestonesoul
Really tell me who eles in the leauge is outside of those QB's would you rather have leading the saints?
You mean outside of Manning, McNabb, Brady, Hassleback, Culpepper, and Vick, who else is a better QB? Hhhmm... let me see if I can think of any. Here are a few who are better both statistically and by W/L:

Bulger, Delhomme, Pennington, Favre, Roethlisberger, and Brees (recently).


Here are guys who are better statistically, at least:

Trent Green and Jake Plummer.


Here are young guys with as much potential as AB:

Byron Leftwich, Carson Palmer, David Carr, and Billy Volek. You could probably throw Eli Manning in that group also. Maybe Phillip Rivers.


So that's what? 6 that you said. 6 in my first group. 2 in the second, and at least 4 in the third. That's 18 guys. Funny, b/c AB was 19th in the league in QB rating. Go figure.




One day... I swear it... one day... probably the same day that the Saints win the Super Bowl... people will understand the difference b/w criticism and blame. At this point, I'm honestly more confident in the Saints chances of winning the Super Bowl this season, but as they say, you've gotta have faith, right?

\"Excuses, excuses, excuses. That’s all anyone ever makes for the New Orleans Saints’ organization.\" - Eric Narcisse


\"Being a Saints fan is almost like being addicted to crack,\"
he said.[i]\"You know you should stop, but you just can\'t.\"
WhoDat is offline  
Latest Blogs
How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Childhood Trauma Prevention Last Blog: 08-29-2014 By: Barry from MS


Old 07-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #22
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
Before this thread gets locked, I'll summarize the Brooks argument...

... it's not about Brooks anymore...

... yes Brooks makes mistakes...
...yes Brooks has great physical ability...
..etc..etc...etc... blah...blah...blah...

... the Brooks debate has turned into a "prove the other guy wrong no matter what" contest, with a heavy dose of "I'll type something that'll piss the Brooks lovers/haters" ...
..."Brooks is better than Archie"...
... "Jake reached the Superbowl and had a better season than Brooks"...
... "it's the defense, they can't stop anyone"...
... "it's the offense, they can't score in the first half"...
... side A uses stats to probe a point, then side B dismisses those stats with "stats don't tell all"...
... side B turns around and uses stats to prove a counterpoint, so side A dismisses those stats with "stats don't tell all"... (Note: Stay on one side, don't use an argument to prove your point then turn around and refute a point because it is being defended with your same argument...)

... and it goes on, and on...

... as usual, the truth lies in the middle...

... as for me, I think that::

Aaron may have better numbers than Archie, but he'll never be as loved as Archie is in N.O.
Stats are for baseball and "fantasy football"...
Jake should be not only a Saint, but the Saints starting QB. Jake may not run as fast, may not have the arm strength, but I sure as hell like to see fire in the guy who's behind center... and I did enjoy rubbing in Jake's Superbowl season on certain members of another board... so sue me...
The team wins games. The team loses games..
The offense not scoring and going 3-and-out early and often does affect the defense.
The defense not stopping anyone does affect the offense.
"On paper" means squat...

..bring up a sensible argument, and we'll talk... bring up the same ol' tired stuff, expect sarcasm and one-liners..
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 07-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #23
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by spkb25
im not sure if you agreed or diagreed with me along
I agree with you spkb25.

I was saying we have alot of
posters in here that have AB at
fault before the season start!!!

8)
along is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #24
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,335
Blog Entries: 43
Originally Posted by along
Originally Posted by spkb25
im not sure if you agreed or diagreed with me along
I agree with you spkb25.

I was saying we have alot of
posters in here that have AB at
fault before the season start!!!

8)
Agreed. I think some people during this time of the year just like to type just to get everyone posting and watch what fires they start. But I think it's a good mantra for everyone who gets into this, not directed at you alone, is to let bygons be bygons. I think we'll see what will happen in a few months.

With so few changes at D this year I'm curious as to what they do. They finished stronger at the end of the year, but sometimes it seems the D gets a "pass" grade for some reason, and this happens at a lot of Saints sites. Why more people aren't angry about our LB's I have no clue. This thread should be named "Who's worse, Allen or Hodge?"

When you can't stop a team, you can score as many points as you like and never win.

BTW, I don't think this is the only Saints site with Brooks bashers, I think we just allow more than others and hope people are having fun until we have to separate the cat fights and the ear-ring pulling.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #25
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 264
HALO!!

Great post to keep us all calm. So now in order to get off on the right foot, I believe that neither Allen or Rodgers will start, but Fincher will be right there in the mix. This kid looks great. He and Bockwoldt and the kid in the middle stand a good chance of making a huge difference in the LB corps.

I belive that the addition of Smith and Bullocks to the backfield as well as the rededication of Freddy Thomas will help greatly. Grant, Smith, and Whitehead will anchor the line hopefully. I believe that Sullivan is a gone pecan. Maybe they can get him to be the official "food taster" for the team. But that's about all he'll be. That was a selection that we will regret for a long time.

Also, I fail to understand why we all have so much passion expended over Aaron Brooks (Myself one of the worst) and totally exclude people that were sorry last year like T Jones and Sully. I predict that McKenzie will have a profound effect on the Saints this year. Assuming that he stays healthy, both he and Grant seem to have become the emotional leaders on Defense. Both guys seemed to inspire the D to greater heights.
RDOX is offline  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #26
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 690
[quote="RDOX"]HALO!!

Great post to keep us all calm. So now in order to get off on the right foot, I believe that neither Allen or Rodgers will start, but Fincher will be right there in the mix. This kid looks great. He and Bockwoldt and the kid in the middle stand a good chance of making a huge difference in the LB corps. [quote]

I also like FIncher -- he has all the tools a LB needs (although a tad small)

[quote] I belive that the addition of Smith and Bullocks to the backfield as well as the rededication of Freddy Thomas will help greatly. Grant, Smith, and Whitehead will anchor the line hopefully. I believe that Sullivan is a gone pecan. Maybe they can get him to be the official "food taster" for the team. But that's about all he'll be. That was a selection that we will regret for a long time. [quote]

Still looking for a stud DT to really bolster the D

Also, I fail to understand why we all have so much passion expended over Aaron Brooks (Myself one of the worst) and totally exclude people that were sorry last year like T Jones and Sully.
Believe me - Sullivan has gotten his share of blasts in the past -- Tbucky also -- but the real reason is these guys do not show the potential AB does. It is easy to get passionate for or against AB - On the for side you see outstanding skills and arm strength and potential -- on the anti side you see a big ego, poor decision making and leadership, lack of passion in his play -- As a moderate on the subject I can also see why so many will bash him just because of the almost ridiculous defense of AB at every turn -- and also see the other side who protect him blindly because of the attitude so many have that everything would be better for the Saints without AB. As for myself -- the moderate view tells me AB isn't the biggest problem we have -- and he has the talent to overcome and revers the part of the problem his does represent -- Problem is this is his year to reverse that problem otherwise I could not argue keeping him with what he will cost next year
4saintspirit is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts