Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Antonio Brown...should we?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Just kidding. Wouldn't even want him for vet minimum...

Like Tree67Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,199
Antonio Brown...should we?

Just kidding. Wouldn't even want him for vet minimum
jnormand likes this.
ScottF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,473
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

The Panthers!! Two guys pouting on the bench with towels over their heads!!! Purrrrrrrrrrrrfict!!!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,545
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

actually we should be making phone calls... and see behind the scenes because what is going to happen is that NE is going to step in and sign him.

Whats wrong with a one year deal?
subguy, Crusader and rezburna like this.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,340
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
actually we should be making phone calls... and see behind the scenes because what is going to happen is that NE is going to step in and sign him.

Whats wrong with a one year deal?
Idk if Belichick would even touch this guy with a ten foot pole.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,197
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Let NE have that clown. I believe he wanted out of raiders trash team when he saw what it really looked like. So stomp ur feet and cause crap to get out and he succeeded. He with go to Boston and behave. That is all.
jnormand likes this.
st thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 16,679
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

He'd call Loomis a 'cracker' one time, and one time only, and that'd be that.

It's almost like the guy never wanted to be in Oakland and he was trying to get himself fired.
jnormand likes this.
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 774
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
He'd call Loomis a 'cracker' one time, and one time only, and that'd be that.

It's almost like the guy never wanted to be in Oakland and he was trying to get himself fired.
I actually disagree with that. Loomis tries hard to remain neutral and let the locker room dynamics do their own thing. Mayock inserted himself into an issue that seemed like was already solved. Brown was was ready to play with a new helmet. Gruden was fine with him. Mayock is a douchebag. I don't like Brown, but this isn't entirely his fault imo. If the coach wanted the guy gone, then he should be gone. This was more about Mayock wanting to validate his authority or some ****.
rezburna likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #8
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,197
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Originally Posted by hitta View Post
I actually disagree with that. Loomis tries hard to remain neutral and let the locker room dynamics do their own thing. Mayock inserted himself into an issue that seemed like was already solved. Brown was was ready to play with a new helmet. Gruden was fine with him. Mayock is a douchebag. I don't like Brown, but this isn't entirely his fault imo. If the coach wanted the guy gone, then he should be gone. This was more about Mayock wanting to validate his authority or some ****.


I hear ya but Brown is a pre Madonna -dough bag but is good and he won’t be in my locker room ever ever ever.
jnormand likes this.
st thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 14,279
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Man hell naw.

This team has no time to be playing games with a malcontent.

It's too hard trying to win games without distractions as it is.
jnormand and RailBoss like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 774
Re: Antonio Brown...should we?

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
I hear ya but Brown is a pre Madonna -dough bag but is good and he won’t be in my locker room ever ever ever.
Yea, I mean there is no disputing that. My issue is for weeks now, you've had all the coaches and the organizations talk about how much they supported him over the helmet issue. Then suddenly, a week before the season, you fine him to the point where it voids his guaranteed money. It really just feels like Mayock wanted to display his authority. It feels like mixed messages, and Mayock should have let Gruden decide how to handle it. Not have some sort of weird dick measuring contest. Brown was ready to play, chose a new helmet and everything. Something just feels very wrong with how this was handled. You either tell him to get his ass on the field a few weeks back and say that you were upset with how Brown was handling things, or you let it go. The whole thing is a giant bag of mixed signals . This is not how you run a front office. Loomis would never do this kind of ****.
rezburna likes this.
hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts