Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

It's no rumor-Jake wins QB challenge

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintfan Halo -- Could we open up yet another forum...this time we could call it the "Deciples of Jake" Forum so that folks that wanna come to a Saints Web Site and prop up another team's QB ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintfan
Halo --

Could we open up yet another forum...this time we could call it the "Deciples of Jake" Forum so that folks that wanna come to a Saints Web Site and prop up another team's QB have a place all their own to do it?

Just a thought.
Or he could make an I hate local guys who don't play for us forum. That's for those who could care less about people from their home state when they do well, except if they wear black and gold and aren't from here, then it doesn't really matter if they suck and embarrass the team, love them anyway!!
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Or he could make an I hate local guys who don't play for us forum. That's for those who could care less about people from their home state when they do well, except if they wear black and gold and aren't from here, then it doesn't really matter if they suck and embarrass the team, love them anyway!!
That's interesting. Of course, I don't know of anybody here who hates Jake. The perception is that not hating Brooks = hating Jake. But then people that think that aren't really reading they're assuming, or just trying to stir trouble.

Anyhoo, what other Louisiana players do you start threads about, or is it just Jake, and isn't there a Delhomme website or a Panther web site where it might not be so, well, the word that comes to mind is "obvious"? Then again, I don't think you'd get the desired results at one of those places huh?

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintfan
Or he could make an I hate local guys who don't play for us forum. That's for those who could care less about people from their home state when they do well, except if they wear black and gold and aren't from here, then it doesn't really matter if they suck and embarrass the team, love them anyway!!
That's interesting. Of course, I don't know of anybody here who hates Jake. The perception is that not hating Brooks = hating Jake. But then people that think that aren't really reading they're assuming, or just trying to stir trouble.

Anyhoo, what other Louisiana players do you start threads about, or is it just Jake, and isn't there a Delhomme website or a Panther web site where it might not be so, well, the word that comes to mind is "obvious"? Then again, I don't think you'd get the desired results at one of those places huh?
What other Louisiana player has recently won an NFL sanctioned event or been in a Superbowl? I'll wait on your answer to see who I missed. 8)
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
slumming with the help?
Keep comments like this out of the forums.
BlackandBlue is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Recently won an "NFL sanctioned" event or been in a Superbowl? Tell ya what, I'll keep my eye on the next " NFL sanctioned event" for one. How'd that be? Oh, Wait!

21 Randall Gay, CB 5-11 186 5/5/82 R Louisiana State
33 Kevin Faulk, RB 5-8 202 6/15/76 6 LSU
91 Marquise Hill, DE 6-6 300 8/7/82 R Louisiana State
97 Jarvis Green, DL 6-3 290 1/12/79 3 LSU


All of the above players not only went to school in Louisiana but were born there and were on the Patriots 2004 Super Bowl roster and yet none of them have been so fortunate as to have you start a thread about them on a Saints web Site simple because they did well.

Let's see, the 2004 Superbowl. Wasn't that the one in Houston? I think it was. Wasn't that the one where the Patriots beat the Panthers (read Jake Delhomme since he's clearly a one man team)? Yes, I do think it was. 4 players from Louisiana on the roster of the winning team that year. Now that should qualify as "recent" I'd think, and they have a ring too huh? Yeppers, they sure do. I guess they weren't as prominant in the game tho huh Whodi? Either way, they're from Louisiana, and they won the frappin' Superbowl man! Shouldn't they, at the very least, have someone like you post a thread here in their honor based on your qualifications...ummm...being from Louisiana and either having won an "NFL Sactioned Event" or been in a Superbowl. Hell man, these guys are all OVER that, and yet you missed them totally. Oooooops, huh? 8)

Didn't take long eh? AND, they're on the Pats, another of your favorite teams. How in the WORLD did you ever miss THOSE guys? Oh, I bet I know. I bet it's because you couldn't stir up quite so much crap by mentioning their names huh? Yes, yes, it's ok Whodi. We all get busted from time to time.

So tell me why, again, it is that you've got such a stiffy for Jake Delhomme...08 tell you how good he was, or does winning the "NFL Sanctioned" QB challenge really mean that much to you? Maybe you're trying to impress Whodat? LMMFAO

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 690
Throwing my 2 cents in -- congratulations Jake -- Wish you were here but since you're not I hope you have another great season but bomb in your games against New Orleans -- However -- while I wish you well statwise I want your team to go 1-15.
4saintspirit is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintfan
Recently won an "NFL sanctioned" event or been in a Superbowl? Tell ya what, I'll keep my eye on the next " NFL sanctioned event" for one. How'd that be? Oh, Wait!

21 Randall Gay, CB 5-11 186 5/5/82 R Louisiana State
33 Kevin Faulk, RB 5-8 202 6/15/76 6 LSU
91 Marquise Hill, DE 6-6 300 8/7/82 R Louisiana State
97 Jarvis Green, DL 6-3 290 1/12/79 3 LSU


All of the above players not only went to school in Louisiana but were born there and were on the Patriots 2004 Super Bowl roster and yet none of them have been so fortunate as to have you start a thread about them on a Saints web Site simple because they did well.

Let's see, the 2004 Superbowl. Wasn't that the one in Houston? I think it was. Wasn't that the one where the Patriots beat the Panthers (read Jake Delhomme since he's clearly a one man team)? Yes, I do think it was. 4 players from Louisiana on the roster of the winning team that year. Now that should qualify as "recent" I'd think, and they have a ring too huh? Yeppers, they sure do. I guess they weren't as prominant in the game tho huh Whodi? Either way, they're from Louisiana, and they won the frappin' Superbowl man! Shouldn't they, at the very least, have someone like you post a thread here in their honor based on your qualifications...ummm...being from Louisiana and either having won an "NFL Sactioned Event" or been in a Superbowl. Hell man, these guys are all OVER that, and yet you missed them totally. Oooooops, huh? 8)

Didn't take long eh? AND, they're on the Pats, another of your favorite teams. How in the WORLD did you ever miss THOSE guys? Oh, I bet I know. I bet it's because you couldn't stir up quite so much crap by mentioning their names huh? Yes, yes, it's ok Whodi. We all get busted from time to time.

So tell me why, again, it is that you've got such a stiffy for Jake Delhomme...08 tell you how good he was, or does winning the "NFL Sanctioned" QB challenge really mean that much to you? Maybe you're trying to impress Whodat? LMMFAO
Wow, I guess you missed the post I made about them, as well as Marshall Faulk, and Aeneas Williams, in another thread. Yikes saintfan. When you go down in flames, you make sure it's a BIG explosion. Let me pour some gas:

I don't have to be a Panthers fan cause I like Delhomme. I like Marshall Faulk and Aeneas Williams and Trev Faulk too, should I go be a Rams fan? I like Kevin Faulk and Rohan Davey and Randall Gay and Marquise Hill, should I go be a Pats fan? I like Delhomme cause he is from my home state, and he is doing well. The fact that he is a good QB just makes it that much easier to like him. The fact that he is a great, humble guy just makes me dislike the choice we made even more. The only time I have to dislike any of these guys is when they play us. I ain't gonna knock 'em just cause they play for a different team. To each his own.
http://www.blackandgold.net/site/ind...r=asc&start=15

Crash and burn.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Not saying this is true, but I heard it on another forum. The rumor is Jake Delhomme won.
That was your post...this very thread...the one you linked to, the very first post in it. You have not started other threads giving props to other louisiana players, you have mentioned other louisiana players in your defense of starting this thread about Jake Delhomme.

Can you see the difference? Probably not...pour all the gas you'd like Whodi, but I met your criteria, can you meet mine? I'd like to see a link where YOU started a thread on this site giving props to a player from Louisiana because he either "Won an NFL Sanctioned Event" or played in a Superbowl. Can you do it bud? Wanna try? Here's some gas to add to that little fire.

...crash...

OH, and burn.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 12:34 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintfan
Not saying this is true, but I heard it on another forum. The rumor is Jake Delhomme won.
That was your post...this very thread...the one you linked to, the very first post in it. You have not started other threads giving props to other louisiana players, you have mentioned other louisiana players in your defense of starting this thread about Jake Delhomme.

Can you see the difference? Probably not...pour all the gas you'd like Whodi, but I met your criteria, can you meet mine? I'd like to see a link where YOU started a thread on this site giving props to a player from Louisiana because he either "Won an NFL Sanctioned Event" or played in a Superbowl. Can you do it bud? Wanna try? Here's some gas to add to that little fire.

...crash...

OH, and burn.
wow. That was weak. But I was doing a little reaearch. Found a goody back from January.
http://www.blackandgold.net/site/ind...t=7738&start=0

Guess who was the first to comment about Rohan Davey? And openly lobbied for us to bring him in? Back in January? Damn saintfan, what you doing walking through fire with gasoline draws on? That was WAY before this Jake thread. I am sure I could find others giving props to LSU players, but I think you have been embarrassed enough.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,974
Blog Entries: 5
Did you start the CURRENT thread by stating Jake is available and we should go after him? Naw...you sure didn't. You seem to miss the point, or you seem to be taking a cue from your brethren, which is fairly clear.

Guess who was the first to comment about Rohan Davey? And openly lobbied for us to bring him in? Back in January? Damn saintfan, what you doing walking through fire with gasoline draws on? That was WAY before this Jake thread. I am sure I could find others giving props to LSU players, but I think you have been embarrassed enough.
Rohan Davey? Keep reading here for more about Mr. Davey and how he's not what you're looking for based on your very own criteria. Find me ONE...just ONE thread, a thread YOU started, and started for NO OTHER REASON (you say) other than to give props to a player from another team simply because he's from Louisiana and he "Won an NFL Sanctioned Event" or played in a Superbowl. You can't do it Whodi because you've NEVER done it. Jeesh, man, I didn't make up the rules here, you did...thing is you didn't know you'd get called to the carpet for it either huh? LMAO

Oh and by the way, Mr. Davey isn't from anywhere NEAR Louisiana. The deal here is LOUISIANA PLAYERS is it not? Players FROM Louisiana. Along with your lesson in humility I'll be glad to thown in some Geography for a very small fee. You see, players from Jamaica don't fit your previously mentioned criteria now do they?

Rohan St. Patrick Davey was born the son of Dottlyn Carruthers and Jeff Davey on April 14, 1978 in Clarendon, Jamaica
Oh, and, here's the link to the Patriots site just in case...

http://cachewww.patriots.com/Team/in...rBio&bio=17890

That was weak
Yes, I agree that it was. VERY weak in fact.

Embarrassed? I think not... 8)

Who's wearing the gasoline draws Whodi?

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts