Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints/Seattle Preseason Game Impression

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by GoldenTomb Oh i see....so the retort to people criticizing AB would be for his worshippers to totally absolve him from his performance. You missed the point. So many fans are so disgusted with Brooks at this point, ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #51
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,475
Originally Posted by GoldenTomb
Oh i see....so the retort to people criticizing AB would be for his worshippers to totally absolve him from his performance.
You missed the point.

So many fans are so disgusted with Brooks at this point, that no matter what happens on the field, they blame him.

It so over the the top at this point that they are beyond blaming Brooks for what he does/does not do. They blame him for everything that goes wrong on the offensive side of the ball.
OK....carry on....
Will do. The patrons in our section found it amusing.

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #52
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Golden State
Posts: 830
Ya'll stupid...hahahahahaha....
I agree ATL....
CHACHING is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #53
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
See that's just it.....who ever said AB was fine???? Not ESPN. Not the re-broadcast team. I heard Hebert say that he wasn't the reason for the O's ineffectiveness, but how does that translate into fine??? It was a cumulative effort by the offense. But since AB is the leader, as most QBs are, he'll bear more of the responsibilty than any other one person. That's just the nature off the beast.

The overall Leader of any team is the Head Coach and his Staff, they are the deciding factor. They're the decision makers. That's why people have proclaimed Belichick a God because no matter who his players are he still wins.

You people just have issues with AB, and you'll use any excuse to vent it. I've seen reports where the DL was taken advantage of, the OL. By my account AB has nothing to do with either, so why aren't you discussing the true problems from the game, and stop dreaming of AB?
mmmmm hmmmmm....so who was it that made a post about Mike Detillier's analysis of the game simply to point out that the didn't say anything about AB being at fault for the offense's difficuties? Right. As much as u bash others for ragging on the guy, you totally defend him at all costs. Sounds like the same thing to me. It's cool bruh...

SFIAH....even the most adamant critics of Brooks haven't said that he's at fault for everything that's wrong with the O. That's just not true.
GoldenTomb is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #54
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Golden State
Posts: 830
Making sense...just doesn't make sense......
B on B........Are we related????
These people HATE Brooks......period.
I'm not a Brooks fan waiver but I support who we have at the helm......PERIOD!
keep it real bruh....
CHACHING is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 08:53 PM   #55
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
You waste countless treads everyday dogging the QB

Come now, dogging AB is never a waste of a thread.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #56
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 591
huh....i guess i must be drunk...because my vision is failing me I think...lol

OK so individuals criticizing AB for his well known NFL blunders that may cost us momentum in critical games....that turns into people blaming AB for everything that's wrong with the offense???? Ok dude....whatever. I've been on the board quite a while, and i can honestly say that i've never seen anyone say what u claim they do. I also see that you've only been on the board for a few weeks, yet you claim to know everything about the guys on this board???? Whatever guy...

Also on other teams the QB is absolutely the leader of the team. See Green Bay, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and now the Giants. Do you think for a second that their respective QBs don't run those organzations??? Not literally speaking, but come on. These teams will do whatever it takes to satisfy their QBs because these guys are proven, talented leaders. McNabb wanted the Eagles to get T.O.(idiots). Well lo and behold, they got T.O. And that is what the Saints want from AB. How many times have you heard throughout the years that they want him to be the leader of this offense? He has the implicit approval to the be leader of this team, and so far we haven't seen him shine like he should.

And dude I don't hate Brooks. I don't hate people. Believe or not the only jersey that I own is a gold #2 jersey with Brooks on the back....that's the ony one they sold up here. I catch hell for wearing it, but hey i'm a fan.

Everyone is a fan on here. The ones that are hardest on Brooks....we want him to succeed more than anything. We support Brooks too to the extent that we hope he leads the team to victory. But that doesn't mean he is immune from a little critcism, or a lot if we so choose. A lot of us just aren't satisfied with mediocrity.
GoldenTomb is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #57
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Originally Posted by GoldenTomb
Everyone is a fan on here. The ones that are hardest on Brooks....we want him to succeed more than anything. We support Brooks too to the extent that we hope he leads the team to victory. But that doesn't mean he is immune from a little critcism, or a lot if we so choose. A lot of us just aren't satisfied with mediocrity.
Exactly! Thank you. I would greatly prefer Brooks to fulfill his alleged potential and get us some wins than for him to break his leg so we can be rid of him from the start. Well, moderately prefer. But anyway, just gimmie the wins.
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #58
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Sounds to me like some people need to chill out. Everyone has an opinion and they all generally stink, kinda like ________.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 08-14-2005, 10:42 PM   #59
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 2,032
I agree GT. I'm am not in the Brooks Fan Club, but I do support the guy. I sincerly hope Brooks can be what he should be this season. A consistent leader on the field. He has the tools and the athleticism to be so much better than he has shown. I don't think Brooks should take blame or be blamed for all of the problems of the offense. I do however, believe that Brooks should learn to take some blame for the problems on the offense that HE creates. I believe Brooks is the Saints' best shot at a winning season this year. I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I know that he can help lead this team if he chooses to do so.

BOB, I really believe that a lot of fans are just sick of all the B.S. They are sick of him underachieving (even if the entire team is doing so as well). They are sick of the bloopers and low light reels that they see during the game or on T.V. following the game. Most of all, fans are sick and tired of seeing a quarterback that has so much potential, fall short of what his true athletic abilites are. They are tired of him being an "underachiever", even though the entire team is labled the same. Problem is, Brooks never believes he is an underachiever. He believes he is much better than what he has shown. People just get tired of that. The team is labled as underachievers, but I've never heard any of them blame someone else or laugh their mistakes off like AB does.

The guy has talent and I think he will do fine this year. I hope he exceeds everyones expectations and leads this team to several victories. Only AB can control what he does when he steps on the field. The TEAM and the FANS will follow, if AB will just lead.
jnormand is offline  
Old 08-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #60
OldiesDJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scott, LA
Posts: 951
Blog Entries: 12
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
What you see is this: Brooks incomplete to Joe Horn. You assume Joe dropped the ball.

What I seen is this: Brooks cluelessly misses the hint of blitz before the snap, takes the snap, runs 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage, eyeballs joe horn, runs straight towards the blitzing defenders rather than the wide open field on the other side while never taking his eye off of Joe Horn, then throws a wild, high, floating ball way down field to Joe Horn in double coverage and 5 feet over a jumping Joe Horn's head.

Notice the difference? Would you like to know how that play could have been successful?
I'm very curious to see, how you see the field so well. It's as if you are a player on the behind the QB. You have better eye's than any of the Coaches, Analysts or Executives and this is so puzzling to me. Because even the Writers that pull no punches said AB was fine? Again and again AB'S not perfect, and he's by far not the main problem with this team. But he's the main target of a certain Professional Group that posts in this forum everyday.
Well, I guess I should give most of the credit to the great camera crew who filmed the game that night. Also, the guy(s) running the board did a superb job switching from angle to angle. With all of the high-tec equipment they have now, visually watching the game has been a much easier task than it has been in the past. The first down line is a token of that advancement. I've also talked to many people (who I've purchased season tickets with) that made it to the game and we all mentioned this same play of discussion. Everyone of them had a view of the entire field and said the same thing I did about the play.

As far as other people go, I don't really know what they could have been watching. I, personally, do not need an analyst telling me what is happening on a particular play. I understand just fine. Though, it can be might convenient when you have to walk to the fridge. Most of the other writer guys do the same thing you do. They look at statistics and make judgements from there.
BoudinSandwich is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts