Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Haslett and Bellichick

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Who's the better coach? Just kidding. I haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd let everyone know. The other night on NFL live, they said that Bill and Haz have a gentlemen's agreement to play their starters into the ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 594
Haslett and Bellichick

Who's the better coach?


Just kidding. I haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd let everyone know.

The other night on NFL live, they said that Bill and Haz have a gentlemen's agreement to play their starters into the 3rd qtr this week.

This, to me, is very strange for 2 reasons:

1) It's preseason and we certainly don't want to lose any starters. I generally go for a coupple of drives and out for the major players till the last tuneup game.

2) We have the unfortunate honor of sharing the field with the world champs twice this year. I guess we can button up our attack a little bit (insert whitty pessimistic quip here), but why would you want to give the other team an entire half of film to study in the preseason? Do you think Bill figures he can gameplan more for Haz than vice versa? (Certainly not a crazy notion.)

The talking heads commented on it and I, too, thought it was strange that us and the pats are making gentemen's agreements.

Then they went back to studying the ripples in TO's ass and the cut of his john thomas.
yasoon is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Logic Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 558
Re: Haslett and Bellichick

Originally Posted by yasoon
1) It's preseason and we certainly don't want to lose any starters. I generally go for a coupple of drives and out for the major players till the last tuneup game.
We could get lucky. We could get Grossmanned. Mabye we should all chip in and get Rex to fly up to Foxborough and rub himself on AB before the game.

Originally Posted by yasoon
2) We have the unfortunate honor of sharing the field with the world champs twice this year. I guess we can button up our attack a little bit (insert whitty pessimistic quip here), but why would you want to give the other team an entire half of film to study in the preseason? Do you think Bill figures he can gameplan more for Haz than vice versa? (Certainly not a crazy notion.)
Bellichick plays chess, Haz plays checkers. Bellichick knows this, so does Haz. When victory requires an act of God, tipping your hand really doesnt matter too much. Ya know?

Originally Posted by yasoon
The talking heads commented on it and I, too, thought it was strange that us and the pats are making gentemen's agreements.

Then they went back to studying the ripples in TO's ass and the cut of his john thomas.
ROFL - Amen. I'm sooo sick about hearing about TO. I try to get football news, I get TO news. The man picked the wrong sport. He shouldnt be a football player, or a basketball player. Drew Rosenhaus needs to be opening up negotiations with Vince McMahon, not Andy Reid. Cant you just see TO in flourescent tights, screaming across the ring at Hulk Hogan before he ***** slaps Chyna Doll to irritate the crowd? I can. And unlike TO in cleats and pads, it is good entertainment!
Memnoch_TP is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 602
Re: Haslett and Bellichick

Originally Posted by Memnoch_TP
We could get lucky. We could get Grossmanned. Mabye we should all chip in and get Rex to fly up to Foxborough and rub himself on AB before the game.
Joking or not......this is the statement of a selfish, classless jerk. If I get banned for saying this, then so be it. How anyone could condone this statement is beyond me. You say "we" could get Grossmanned.......no, there is no WE anywhere involved in this....this is all YOU.

What exactly do you think would happen if the Saints got Grossmanned? Do you WANT the saints to go 5-11? WHO'S GONNA QB US, EINSTEIN?? JT O'Sullivan isn't here........THE ALMIGHTY JAKE isn't here...neither is Marc Bulger...........or any other former Saint backup that still gets whined about........and none of them are coming back.

However, I'm not going back into that debate. Wishing injury, even jokingly, on anyone is utterly tasteless. And no, I don't think you were FULLY joking either, if at all.
TheGambler is offline  
Old 08-16-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Kinder, gentler
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,889
RE: Re: Haslett and Bellichick

If I get banned for saying this, then so be it.
Considering the remark, I really don't blame you.
BlackandBlue is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #5
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,631
RE: Re: Haslett and Bellichick

Hey Gambler - let me ask you a question. Hypothetical.

Think of the Saints 5 years from today. Do you think that team would be better then if AB had been starting for another 5 years, or A-Mac or some other QB was QB for the next 5 years? I'm just asking a hypothetical. Essentially, the question is - is AB the QB of the future for the Saints, or the best we've got right now and we should look to make a change sometime soon?
WhoDat is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 602
Re: RE: Re: Haslett and Bellichick

Originally Posted by WhoDat
Hey Gambler - let me ask you a question. Hypothetical.

Think of the Saints 5 years from today. Do you think that team would be better then if AB had been starting for another 5 years, or A-Mac or some other QB was QB for the next 5 years? I'm just asking a hypothetical. Essentially, the question is - is AB the QB of the future for the Saints, or the best we've got right now and we should look to make a change sometime soon?

Whether Brooks should be in there, in your opinion or anyone else's, had nothing to do with my initial reply. Wishing injury on somebody is just f---ing wrong. For instance, I'm fully aware you want Brooks gone, but unless I missed it somewhere, I don't think you've ever sunk low enough to saying you wanted him injured for the season. My guess is, you don't share that inhumane, sickening view with Memnoch TP.
TheGambler is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,439
Blog Entries: 5
RE: Re: RE: Re: Haslett and Bellichick

I think the players stand an equal chance of getting hurt in camp as well as a preseason game. Doesn't matter where ya get hurt. I think this is in a way good that Haz trying to get the starters as many reps as possible and against one of the top teams.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 406
While I certainly don't wish injury on anyone, I would take Brooks out and suffer the 5-11 season. He's simply never going to get any better. He peaked, in my opinion, the season he injured his shoulder. He hasn't been half the player he was since then.

Give me the rookie who'll line up under RG for a low-light on ESPN. Let him make his mistakes and cost us games. I'll bank on him improving because I am an optimist and he still has not proved to me that he cannot improve.

Spare me our "veteran starter" consistently embarassing us.
FrenzyFan is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 602
-When Joe Horn drops a pass.....it's the "receivers dropping balls"...

-When Deuce fumbles......it's "the offense still committing too many turnovers"...

-When Aaron Brooks makes a mistake, he, and only he, is referred to as an "embarrasment".
TheGambler is offline  
Old 08-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #10
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,439
Blog Entries: 5
In some peoples eyes when a player dropps a ball its Brooks fault, when Deuce fumbles its Brooks fault... when D gives up 400 plus years its Brooks fault. Its sunny in San Diego must be Brooks fault. Brooks get over 3000 yards passing in a season and its brooks fault.
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts