Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Mr. Roboto
Registered

This is shaping up to be the biggest disappointment in franchise history

And that's saying something. This team has repeatedly torn our hearts out and stomped on them, losing in unbelievable gut-wrenching fashion year after year.

When the best team in franchise history completely falls apart in the way they have, I am just completely out of hope. If this team can't win, no Saints team can. Maybe it's that curse they talk about. All I know is that same old empty, futile feeling is back. All too familiar.

I hope to hell I'm wrong, but the idea that this team can win a game against a playoff team is lunacy.

Prove me wrong, Saints. I know you won't.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
WhoDatDieHard
Rookie

Re: This is shaping up to be the biggest disappointment in franchise history

You evidently are not a true saints fan. Wht don't you take all of this into perspective. Dude, we have not had our TRUE starting lineup since wayyy back in the regular season. This carolina game means NOTHING, and getting healthy for the playoffs means way more than dissapointing the meaningless panthers! To be honest, the saints actually don't look that bad today, if they would have some FAIR referees, and drew was in there, we would be winning this game big. Brunell has over/under thrown several possible TD's. Just wait till the playoffs, you will see a team who has fought hard to get in, fought hard in the 1st round, and tired coming into the dome on Jan. 16. The Saints will be 100% healthy and ready to rock and roll in front of the LOUD WhoDat Nation! So how about you stop speaking so soon and bashing our team on a BLACKANDGOLD website. You obviously are not a true fan.

[SIZE="5"]Black and Gold SuperBowl!!![/SIZE]
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
arsaint
Saint Historian

Location: deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building..

I'm not going to question fanhood here (I don't do that), but don't give this game any weight.

What you are seeing today is what the playoffs would look like if we got Brees and a couple other key players hurt before the playoffs began.

Be glad this game means nothing, and ignore the media and their blathering about momentum.

We looked bad at the end of the preseason and then reeled off 13 straight wins when we needed them.

Plus, there is a lot less pressure now that the talking heads say we have no chance to win.

Last edited by arsaint; 01-03-2010 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
strato
Banned

LMAO...whats else can you do
Old 01-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
exile
Cake or Death?

That was a "please let's just get this game over" game.

Calm down.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Mr. Roboto
Registered

Originally Posted by WhoDatDieHard View Post
You evidently are not a true saints fan. Wht don't you take all of this into perspective. Dude, we have not had our TRUE starting lineup since wayyy back in the regular season. This carolina game means NOTHING, and getting healthy for the playoffs means way more than dissapointing the meaningless panthers! To be honest, the saints actually don't look that bad today, if they would have some FAIR referees, and drew was in there, we would be winning this game big. Brunell has over/under thrown several possible TD's. Just wait till the playoffs, you will see a team who has fought hard to get in, fought hard in the 1st round, and tired coming into the dome on Jan. 16. The Saints will be 100% healthy and ready to rock and roll in front of the LOUD WhoDat Nation! So how about you stop speaking so soon and bashing our team on a BLACKANDGOLD website. You obviously are not a true fan.
A. Don't tell me I'm not a "true fan" because you don't know jack sh*t about me. It's likely that I've been following the Saints longer than you have been alive.

B. If this team was anything close to a playoff contender they would have shown it at some point during the last 6 weeks. They haven't.

C. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. But forget the 13 wins, they don't mean a damn thing. This team stinks right now. And if you don't win in the playoffs then what's the point?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
Mr. Roboto
Registered

Originally Posted by arsaint View Post
I'm not going to question fanhood here (I don't do that), but don't give this game any weight.

What you are seeing today is what the playoffs would look like if we got Brees and a couple other key players hurt before the playoffs began.

Be glad this game means nothing, and ignore the media and their blathering about momentum.

We looked bad at the end of the preseason and then reeled off 13 straight wins when we needed them.

Plus, there is a lot less pressure now that the talking heads say we have no chance to win.
I hope you're right, I really do. I really really really really do. I've wanted a Saints Superbowl all my life. Hell, for most of it I just dreamed of them winning a playoff game.

But this year looked like the best chance. And they're pissing it away playing like this. First the defense fell apart, then the offense. At this point, this is a terrible team. I hope they can turn it around, but every bit of historical evidence says no.

No team that lost their last 3 games has ever been to the Superbowl. Not a single one.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm preparing myself for yet another failure.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
arsaint
Saint Historian

Location: deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building..

No team from the NFC ever started 13-0, either, so keep the faith.

I was totally bummed out after the Tampa game, but I got to thinking that this team has not played well since Minnesota was on its heels for HFA.

The Dallas game we all knew would be tough, but the Vikings lost after we did and eased the pressure (although I'm sure the Saints wouldn't admit that) of having to keep winning.

The same thing happened after Tampa when the Vikings lost again (to the Bears).

I 100% believe that if we had to play starters today (like Brees, Shockey, Ellis) for 4 quarters to win and get HFA we would have done it.

I don't like the fact we are going into the postseason on a 3 game skid and I know the "experts" will write us off for it.

But keep in mind that these are the same "experts" that will look past the Vikings recent troubles since they won convincingly today. They will also look past Indy's 2 game slide and will overlook it if the Chargers lose today from resting starters.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
Halo
Site Donor MONTHLY

Honestly, I hope you're wrong, but no one can prove you wrong. I think everyone has alarm bells going off in their minds. We'll just have to wait until the playoffs to see.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
Halo
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by arsaint View Post
But keep in mind that these are the same "experts" that will look past the Vikings recent troubles since they won convincingly today. They will also look past Indy's 2 game slide and will overlook it if the Chargers lose today from resting starters.
EXACTLY!!! Well said.
Closed Thread