Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #1
pakowitz
The Dark Overlord

Where is the fantasy capital of the NFL?

In a discussion about a Q&A we’re publishing in our big summer fantasy football preview magazine, a brief debate ensued over what city should be considered the fantasy capital of the NFL world. In other words, and in strict scientific terms, which team offers the best fantasy value out there?

To answer this requires a little more consideration than you might think. It’s easy to toss out a few clubs, with their star players in mind, and just assume you’ve got it pegged. But there is depth at key positions that may not come to mind right away, and only after a little shuffling through the depth charts will you find your way.

Luckily, at this time of year, with the task of putting together our preview magazines at hand, I have depth charts and fantasy boards galore, littering all angles of my desk. And so, without further ado, here are the top fantasy teams for 2004. (Numbers in parentheses represent the player’s ranking, by position, on PFW’s preseason fantasy draft board as of May 6.)

1. Colts — “The Triplets� survive a scare and remain atop the list. The combination of Peyton Manning (1), Edgerrin James (9) and Marvin Harrison (2) is too much to deny. Then add in the breakout year from WR Reggie Wayne (31) last year, the steady contributions of TE Marcus Pollard (8) and the potential of his heir apparent, Dallas Clark (19), and it all adds up. There is proven depth at the RB position to get by if James were to go down.

want the rest of the top 10? click here:

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Fan...glin050604.htm
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
turbo_dog
1000 Posts +

Where is the fantasy capital of the NFL?

Very interesting. Anybody have an opinion (boy, I forgot where I was for a second) on where the best free fantasy football is on the net?
Closed Thread