Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

The Big Easy?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...letttab29.html Besides the new faces, how has the defense changed this offseason? We fixed some things on the defense -- added some things and deleted some things -- to let our players use their athleticism. Our guys play so much ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2003, 08:02 AM   #1
Banned

The Big Easy?

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...letttab29.html

Besides the new faces, how has the defense changed this offseason?

We fixed some things on the defense -- added some things and deleted some things -- to let our players use their athleticism. Our guys play so much man-to-man and match patterns. Our guys played so much man-to-man they were playing blind sometimes. We're going to give them the ability to play with their eyes to the football so they can get a chance to use their athleticism. I've never done this before and neither has (defensive coordinator) Rick (Venturi).

I find it interesting that Haz is playing a defensive scheme that he nor Venturi have never tried before. Maybe I was wrong when I said they aren't inventing defensive schemes in New Orleans. What is the name of this new defense they have never tried? The Big Easy?

Old 08-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
5000 POSTS! +

The Big Easy?

Yer tune\'s - a - changin\' Billy. Some good news though - you did make my signature.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
Banned

The Big Easy?

No-my mind hasn\'t changed. I think they will play much better come next Sunday.

Thanks for the great honor with the sig.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:05 AM   #4
500th Post

The Big Easy?

LMFAO! That would be a whole lot funnier too if the joke was\'nt on us.
Closed Thread