Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Showing Speed...Dropping Passes

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Saints' second-round draft pick Devery Henderson has been turning heads in practice with his blazing speed, yet causing groans by dropping passes on a routine basis. The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that the former LSU star has been trying to ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Donated Plasma

Saints' second-round draft pick Devery Henderson has been turning heads in practice with his blazing speed, yet causing groans by dropping passes on a routine basis. The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that the former LSU star has been trying to make up for the drops by spending extra time on the Juggs machine after the other players have left the practice field. Henderson is currently slotted as the Saints No. 4 receiver behind Joe Horn, Donte' Stallworth, and Jerome Pathon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ball&type=lgns
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
Site Donor

Another project? Haz needs a project manager with all his \"projects\"!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:49 PM   #3
Registered

I won\'t lie, if they were going to draft a receiver, I would have preferred them get a natural receiver like Rashaun Woods who could have been an Eric Martin for us as opposed to another speed guy that may or may not be dependable.

However, if Henderson can put up sixteen games and Stallworth pulls up lame again, then he\'s a valuable pick, because we keep the vertical threat.

Perhaps the clutch dependability can be found elsewhere, be it Deuce or Boo even on occasion the fullback. That\'s not a knock on Joe Horn, he should be the man when the chips are on the table, but there has to be another choice, you know?

It\'s not a question of whether or not the Saints will win the Super Bowl this year. It\'s a question of which Saint will be the MVP of the game.

What do you mean I\'m not supposed to snort the granola?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
5000 POSTS! +

Its a lot of adjustments to the NFL game he needs a bit of time to adjust chill, already.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:25 AM   #5
Faqda Falcons

Project manager, eh? Would that make Jim Haslett the Donald Trump of the NFL? I guess if this guy messes up, he can easily look at him and say.........\"You\'re Fired!!!!\"
Old 05-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #6
5000 POSTS! +

Its a lot of adjustments to the NFL game he needs a bit of time to adjust chill, already.
You\'re right - catching the ball isn\'t something you need in college game. He must be adjusting to all these new techniques for squeezing the ball. I mean, even in his sixth year in the league Aaron Brooks had trouble holding the ball. It\'s tricky - hand, ball, hold.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:19 AM   #7
Kinder, gentler

It\'s tricky - hand, ball, hold.
Whoa, slow down coach, you\'re going too fast. Can we go over this one more time. Do I hold or catch first??? I\'m so confused...
Closed Thread