Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

We were just bad! No time for panic!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; We were bad in so many ways today and STILL had a chance to tie at the end! We had no business even being in that game and we had 2 chances to tie in the last 4 minutes! This ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mutineer10

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

We were just bad! No time for panic!

We were bad in so many ways today and STILL had a chance to tie at the end! We had no business even being in that game and we had 2 chances to tie in the last 4 minutes! This game just needs to be played contiously in the locker room, meeting rooms, dining rooms, hotel rooms, bathrooms, everywhere they go just to keep that bad taste in their mouths! We cannot play any worse than we played yesterday! I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. It's nut check time! Week 2 will show our true identity, division game both teams 0-1 and willing to do whatever it takes to get to 1-1. Knuck if you buck!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Donated Plasma

Re: We were just bad! No time for panic!

In my own particular case it isn't panic - and as someone suggested to me in another thread I am not going to 'turn in my jersey' or revoke my fan-hood.

It's frustration. It's because here we go again. It's because, year after year our success is predicated on our ability to win a shootout. This has been true since the Aaron Brooks days when we were averaging 30 points a game on offense.

I'm not asking for the damn Dome Patrol. Can a brutha get a defense that can consistently hold the opposition to 20 or less?

C'mon Man...
Old 09-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Resident antediluvian

Agreed. No one is abandoning ship, and as said, it's the frustration of losing when you know you should win. We had a one year duration of an exciting and effective defense. Yes we are spoiled with an offense many would kill to have and on those odd games where they struggle to be usually amazing we can't overcome it. I don't remember the last time I could say the words "our defense gave us a chance to win it". It's always been, our offense either carries the load or we lose.

To lose hurts. To lose at home hurts more. To lose at home to a rookie QB, a RB no one could name and a journeyman WR corp is unacceptable. As said, time for a big nut check by the team. I hope it hurts them more than we hurt today from that embarrassment.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
10000 POST CLUB

The last time I remember our defense winning a game for us was 2009 week 4 vs the jets, pick 6 by sharper and fumble recovery by ayodele in the endzone a brees didn't throw a TD

the offense was embarrassing yesterday and whilst you can't say never mind, the offense has won us the game enough times to ask the defense "hey, can you help out a little?"

I miss the days of consistent defense, yeah GW had his annoying moments in games in 2009, but every game we were good for 2 forced fumbles, 2 picks and couple sacks

After that we weren't consistent, 2010 and 2011 were bad for our D

Spags was brought to fix it

I hope this isn't how our D is going to look, I'm staying positive hoping it will change

If the rams can field a D that's good with spags, why can't we? I believe we have more talent on D, we just need greer to get back and for everyone to pull their weight

I can't watch next week cuz I'm flying back home from holiday, but when I land I better see a Damn W against our name and 45 points put on the panthers

Your bonehead creator picked a fine chapter to omit from your memory bank....let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear? - Vegeta, DBZ
Old 09-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Site Donor 2015

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Can a brutha get a defense that can consistently hold the opposition to 20 or less?
This is true, the offense isn't always gonna look like we have grown accustomed to them looking. A little help from the D would be a nice change. The D had no answer for the Skins O all day.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Site Donor

I was at Wal-Mart earlier, and - to my surprise - they hadn't put all the Saints stuff on clearance yet.

As for me, it's all over. I've never seen the Saints struggle in my whole life and I simply don't know how to react.
Mardigras9 likes this.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Bounty Money $$$

I'm bleeding real bad............I think I'm dying!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
1000 Posts +

Some of the criticisms were a bit severe. But, for the most part they deserved it. They were not ready to play. That's a failure top to bottom. They were beat up by a lesser team, in the dome, with the oppurtunity to put the whole offseason to rest. Now, it lingers. Bringing a bit of validity to it. Possibly allowing it to become an excuse. The good news is they can go a long way to putting it to rest this Sunday. WHO DAT!
Closed Thread