Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Superdome and Tailgating

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; What's up fellow WhoDats!! I'm a long time Saints fan from Canada and finally at age 30 having my dream come true. I'm heading down to New Orleans to see the boys play in the DOME! I have a few ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Superdome and Tailgating

What's up fellow WhoDats!! I'm a long time Saints fan from Canada and finally at age 30 having my dream come true. I'm heading down to New Orleans to see the boys play in the DOME! I have a few questions i'm hoping some people can help with:
- Which tunnel / entrance do the saints take the field in the Superdome?
- Where is the best place for tailgating before the game? I will be with my GF and we'll have no car...

Appreciate the help!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
12,000 BS Posts

Originally Posted by CanSaintsFan View Post
What's up fellow WhoDats!! I'm a long time Saints fan from Canada and finally at age 30 having my dream come true. I'm heading down to New Orleans to see the boys play in the DOME! I have a few questions i'm hoping some people can help with:
- Which tunnel / entrance do the saints take the field in the Superdome?
- Where is the best place for tailgating before the game? I will be with my GF and we'll have no car...

Appreciate the help!
Tunnel - Poydras Street Tunnel
Party - Superdome Champions Square

The Louisiana Superdome - Champions Square

Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
10000 POST CLUB

Welcome & have fun at the game... Which one are you going to?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks @Foreverfan - I'll check those out. but what about inside the stadium? i'm sitting in Sec 145 which way would i like to see the saints take the field?

@Mitch - Thanks We're coming down to the Texans game on Sept. 25th
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
12,000 BS Posts

Thanks @Foreverfan - I'll check those out. but what about inside the stadium? i'm sitting in Sec 145 which way would i like to see the saints take the field?

@Mitch - Thanks We're coming down to the Texans game on Sept. 25th
Those seats are at the 20 yard line on the visitors side. You are on the right side of the stadium to watch the Saints
take the field but they will be running to the other side.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

@Foreverfan - thanks again.. For some reason the website shows that section 145 is on the Saints sideline? Either way i'm sure i'll know when i'm there. Thanks again!

Where exactly is Champions square?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
12,000 BS Posts

@Foreverfan - thanks again.. For some reason the website shows that section 145 is on the Saints sideline? Either way i'm sure i'll know when i'm there. Thanks again!

Where exactly is Champions square?
OPPS... Upon further review... you are on the home side but further away from the Saints entering the playing field. I had it backwards. The top of the dome seating chart below is the Saints side.

The Saints will enter around Section 128.

Championship Square is a 60,000-square-foot plaza which cost $13.5 million to build and is next to the Hotel/Hyatt Regency which connects to the dome. You can't miss it.

Your seats are on the other side of the dome.

2019 Death of a Parrot.

Last edited by foreverfan; 07-28-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
E. Side Cholo

man, thats an OLD pic of the Hyatt.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
1000 Posts +

Just don't get too buzzed and try to remember half the stuff you experience and you'll do fine.

:/
Old 08-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
Rookie

Hey Guys - Me again.. So for it being my first time there i'm already gonna want to be there early to take it all in. But, what's a good time to show up? How about warm-ups on the field? Also, do you know if the security is sticky about bringing cameras? i'm a photographer and would love to take a few pics during warmup or the game. One last thing. Best place to get autographs? before, after, etc? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
superdome, tailgating