Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Support > Website Support Forum

[color=blue]Article:[/color] Editing thread title

this is a discussion within the Website Support Forum Community Forum; Is it possible to edit a thread title after posting? The reason I ask is because I was looking to add the blue/bold 'Article:' notification to threads in which I reference and article and as I've seen done here. I ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
5000 POSTS! +

[color=blue]Article:[/color] Editing thread title

Is it possible to edit a thread title after posting? The reason I ask is because I was looking to add the blue/bold 'Article:' notification to threads in which I reference and article and as I've seen done here.

I looked in the FAQs and putzed around a bit, but can't answer my own question. Code in the title doesn't appear to be working either.

Little help? A mod edit adding that upgrade to my two threads is just as good .
Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

the article notification you're talking about is a prefix we encode on the backend. You can't edit that in the title.

We can create prefixes for "Lions" "Bengals" etc. The NFL forum should be an all in 1 stop separated by team.

Will look into this and let you know.

As for editing, we allow 15 minutes of edit time. We cut that back a whole lot to prevent people making ludicrous comments, insulting the world, then going back and editing them out claiming it never happened (although we see when someone edits a post too).
Old 01-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
5000 POSTS! +

Going forward, I guess I would like to know how to incorporate the highlighted, blue/bold 'Article:' into the title of any future new article threads like I see on other threads. Just wondering if it's there and it's something I'm overlooking.

thanks for checking on it for me.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Going forward, I guess I would like to know how to incorporate the highlighted, blue/bold 'Article:' into the title of any future new article threads like I see on other threads. Just wondering if it's there and it's something I'm overlooking.

thanks for checking on it for me.
It cannot be done by a user. It's a field in a form that needs to be added in the software.

Titles fields cannot cannot accept color, style or any forum formatting tags for bold, color, italics etc.

It's only possible for me to set that up as a searchable prefix in the database. Once that's done, it will be selectable when you post and it will appear after.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
5000 POSTS! +

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
It cannot be done by a user. It's a field in a form that needs to be added in the software.

Titles fields cannot cannot accept color, style or any forum formatting tags for bold, color, italics etc.

It's only possible for me to set that up as a searchable prefix in the database. Once that's done, it will be selectable when you post and it will appear after.
Thanks, I don't mean to keep asking you the same question
Closed Thread