Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Support > Website Support Forum

Missing that "Quick Link" option ... IE10

this is a discussion within the Website Support Forum Community Forum; The 'Quick Link' option has disappeared from the selection bar beneath the forum header and looks to have been replaced with the 'Open Contacts Popup' selection. Is this just an oversight or a permanent change? I liked 'Quick Link' because ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
5000 POSTS! +

Missing that "Quick Link" option ... IE10

The 'Quick Link' option has disappeared from the selection bar beneath the forum header and looks to have been replaced with the 'Open Contacts Popup' selection. Is this just an oversight or a permanent change?

I liked 'Quick Link' because it allowed you to search/view Subscribed Threads and Today's Posts quickly and efficiently, among other things, and cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Just occurred to me, , maybe that's why they called it "quick", .

Just my two cents and I'm aware not everyone surfs the net as I do, so if it's an upgrade or something, I'll work around, but any suggestions on finding a way to view my "Subscribed Threads" is appreciated.

Last edited by Halo; 10-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Changed to prefix to "working on"
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

Re: Missing that "Quick Link" option ...

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
The 'Quick Link' option has disappeared from the selection bar beneath the forum header and looks to have been replaced with the 'Open Contacts Popup' selection. Is this just an oversight or a permanent change?

I liked 'Quick Link' because it allowed you to search/view Subscribed Threads and Today's Posts quickly and efficiently, among other things, and cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Just occurred to me, , maybe that's why they called it "quick", .

Just my two cents and I'm aware not everyone surfs the net as I do, so if it's an upgrade or something, I'll work around, but any suggestions on finding a way to view my "Subscribed Threads" is appreciated.

What web browser are you useing, along with version and operating system?

Example - "Firefox version 22 on Windows 7" etc.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +

Windows 7 (home/premium), Internet Explorer 10.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Cake or Death?

Try Firefox.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Site Donor MONTHLY

Ok, I see the problem in IE10. It's interesting.
Did this just start recently, like very recently? As in last week or so?

Investigating...
Old 10-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
5000 POSTS! +

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Ok, I see the problem in IE10. It's interesting.
Did this just start recently, like very recently? As in last week or so?

Investigating...
Yes, within a day or two of my post (10/19/2013). I was seeing what seemed to be some compatibility issues between VBulletin and Internet Explorer (ver. 8) on another forum (non-football) that I frequent that were cleared up by upgrading to IE9, but nothing like a missing options issue. Not exactly sure when I upgraded to IE10, but I think it was several weeks ago & honestly, I've never had an issue (that wasn't user-driven) on this site regardless of what browser/OS I was running. Smoothest running site on the 'net, I use it as a measuring stick for the rest of the world wide web, .
Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
Site Donor MONTHLY

Yes, within a day or two of my post (10/19/2013). I was seeing what seemed to be some compatibility issues between VBulletin and Internet Explorer (ver. 8) on another forum (non-football) that I frequent that were cleared up by upgrading to IE9, but nothing like a missing options issue. Not exactly sure when I upgraded to IE10, but I think it was several weeks ago & honestly, I've never had an issue (that wasn't user-driven) on this site regardless of what browser/OS I was running. Smoothest running site on the 'net, I use it as a measuring stick for the rest of the world wide web, .
Yeah there's a problem with that menu and IE10. I'm putting this on the virtual machine to test out all supported versions of IE and will return here with an update or some info.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Site Donor MONTHLY

Re: Missing that "Quick Link" option ... IE10

Ok, please try surfing the site now.

The site should be completely compatible with ie6, ie7, ie8, ie9, and ie10.
I haven't put my hands on ie11 but will soon.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
5000 POSTS! +

Re: Missing that "Quick Link" option ... IE10

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Ok, please try surfing the site now.

The site should be completely compatible with ie6, ie7, ie8, ie9, and ie10.
I haven't put my hands on ie11 but will soon.
You da' man, Halo ... you da' man, .
Closed Thread

Tags
black and gold, forum, option, quick link, subscribed, threads, today's posts