New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   College (https://blackandgold.com/college/)
-   -   Who is #1? (https://blackandgold.com/college/68781-who-1-a.html)

Barry from MS 10-12-2014 07:38 PM

Who is #1?
 
That would be Mississippi State University. I reckon once every 100 years is what we can all expect from this chronic cellar-dweller or middle-of-the-pack of the SEC throughout my lifetime.

I am so proud of this team and my college. That front 7 of the defense is special, and Dak & the Crew on offense ain't too shabby either. Their special teams, however, is a freakin' joke and that will be the reason we stumble between now and the end of the year, wherever takes us.

Gotta concentrate on @ Kentucky Oct 25th. It would be our luck that special teams would cause us to drop this game, but it is certainly a real possibility. Arkansas isn't a push-over, either, so all this talk about a favorable schedule between now and @ Bama scares the crap out of us. I think we can take Bama @ Bama, but I thinking it will be a small miracle if we get there clean.

Now, if the Oxford Black Bears would start sucking horribly, things would be 110% better.

Once again, proud of this team...HAIL STATE!!!

SloMotion 10-13-2014 05:25 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Congrats to MSU from "the other MSU" at #8, Michigan State, :D ... I'm really more of a UofM fan, but will be riding Sparty's coattails while the Wolverines continue to rebuild their program, ;) :lol:.

SmashMouth 10-13-2014 07:47 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Mississippi State No. 1 in AP poll
:cheering:


Mississippi State Bulldogs rise to No. 1 in The Associated Press college football poll - ESPN

You mean it's not LSU or BAMA? NeauxFW!

:broccoli::crowd:

K Major 10-13-2014 09:00 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
What is most impressive is that MSU plays fundamentally sound defense. I get so sick and tired of watching these schools like TCU vs Baylor 65 - 58, Oregon vs X team shoot outs with very little emphasis on D each sat.

Good to see another solid, disciplined SEC defense go to to work.

Best of luck to your school Barry MS from here on out.. it should be fun!

QBREES9 10-13-2014 04:09 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Mississippi State is No#1 ... Um

Danno 10-13-2014 05:39 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
And currently Florida is stuffing 2 or 3 trucks destined for Starkville.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...NaAUgZOzRnmRQQ

Barry from MS 10-13-2014 07:56 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 618162)
And currently Florida is stuffing 2 or 3 trucks destined for Starkville.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...NaAUgZOzRnmRQQ

With money or recruits or U of FL scholarship transfers? Or all three?

We're only locking down 2 & 3-star recruits with maybe one 4-star or 5-star recruit per year. MSU wouldn't know what to do with too many Blue Chippers...we're emphasizing team-concept and checking the ego at the door.

Hopefully we are building a lasting program with our recruiting concepts. Like K Major said, I love the way we play our defense and O-Line, and this is the emphasis in recruiting.

The wheels may come off in the near future, but we're riding this thing full...pitting our mostly 2 & 3-star roster against the rest of the SEC's 4 & 5-star rosters.

Barry from MS 10-13-2014 09:42 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Here's what I'm talking about as far as recruits.

Mississippi State's Gang of Misfit Recruits on Revenge Tour of SEC | Bleacher Report

SmashMouth 10-14-2014 08:56 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
SEC admits mistake with running clock at the end of Alabama win at Arkansas | AL.com

Barry from MS 10-14-2014 05:59 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Ewww...that is bad. Like Bama really needs any extra help already.

Sheesh.

Danno 10-14-2014 06:25 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry from MS (Post 618353)
Ewww...that is bad. Like Bama really needs any extra help already.

Sheesh.

Yeah, because with the extra 15 seconds left I'm sure Arkansas could have driven 60-plus yards for a FG with no timeouts.

SmashMouth 10-15-2014 07:54 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 618361)
Yeah, because with the extra 15 seconds left I'm sure Arkansas could have driven 60-plus yards for a FG with no timeouts.

It's a 60 minutes game the last time I checked.

Danno 10-15-2014 08:34 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry from MS (Post 618179)
With money or recruits or U of FL scholarship transfers? Or all three?

We're only locking down 2 & 3-star recruits with maybe one 4-star or 5-star recruit per year. MSU wouldn't know what to do with too many Blue Chippers...we're emphasizing team-concept and checking the ego at the door.

Hopefully we are building a lasting program with our recruiting concepts. Like K Major said, I love the way we play our defense and O-Line, and this is the emphasis in recruiting.

The wheels may come off in the near future, but we're riding this thing full...pitting our mostly 2 & 3-star roster against the rest of the SEC's 4 & 5-star rosters.

The truck is filled with money to lure Dan Mullen back to Florida.

Barry from MS 10-15-2014 08:16 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 618443)
The truck is filled with money to lure Dan Mullen back to Florida.

Oh, I getcha. The worse thing that could happen to us is to lose Mullen (knock on wood) in the next year or two...our program can't really afford to make him a higher tier paid HC and we would most definitely regress. His recruiting and program-building is showing it works, at least for the 1st half of this season. But we'll see how this all plays itself out...that's why you gotta love college football.

Off topic here, but you're a Bama fan, right? I just now saw Saban talking about winning 14-13. Forgot how scary that dude is...hasn't lost a beat since LSU with being "that one dude you do not piss off".

If you're not a Bama guy, my bad. If you're a War Eagle, really, really my bad and my sincerest apologies.

Danno 10-15-2014 11:03 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry from MS (Post 618601)
Oh, I getcha. The worse thing that could happen to us is to lose Mullen (knock on wood) in the next year or two...our program can't really afford to make him a higher tier paid HC and we would most definitely regress. His recruiting and program-building is showing it works, at least for the 1st half of this season. But we'll see how this all plays itself out...that's why you gotta love college football.

Off topic here, but you're a Bama fan, right? I just now saw Saban talking about winning 14-13. Forgot how scary that dude is...hasn't lost a beat since LSU with being "that one dude you do not piss off".

If you're not a Bama guy, my bad. If you're a War Eagle, really, really my bad and my sincerest apologies.

Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.

Barry from MS 10-15-2014 11:31 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 618616)
Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.

Staying true...nice. Gotta love how life turns out sometimes. My brother went to Ole Piss for his Masters, and now my daughter is eyeballing that college in Oxford, too. So I see where you're coming from.

Really hope y'all beat the mess out of A&M this week. I can't stand the way they play ball. Give'em a little payback for the last time this game was @ Bama.

SmashMouth 10-16-2014 01:35 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 618616)
Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.

I knew it.... you're really a closet LSU fan! :D

Barry from MS 10-16-2014 03:03 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 618620)
I knew it.... you're really a closet LSU fan! :D

Uh oh. Questioning allegiances in the SEC is dangerous waters. Watch your 6, dude. :p

I'll admit that I like watching Bama play ball...hell, Bama don't even consider us a rivalry since they've been beating our butts for a century. And I was all about Bama when Stallings and that crew went down to the Sugar Bowl and kicked the ever-living daylights out of that stoopid U team. That '92 team was and still is the best college football team I've ever seen.

Mardigras9 10-23-2014 11:26 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
No doubt having MSU and Um in the top 5 has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.

Barry from MS 10-23-2014 05:01 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 (Post 620574)
No doubt having MSU and Um in the top 5 has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.

Including mine, brother, including mine.

SmashMouth 10-25-2014 11:04 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
This just might be Miss St year... LSU is finally growing up.... just in time for Bama.

Beastmode 10-26-2014 01:43 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Indeed. Bama is going to face a team that just brawled one out. I would not want to play LSU right now. 4 turnovers and they still got the W.

Barry from MS 10-26-2014 03:01 AM

Re: Who is #1?
 
This SEC West is getting pretty dang interesting, alright. LSU is definitely getting it together, and that LSU/Bama game in Red Stick on Saturday should be a good one. Could LSU actually sneak in somehow?

Bama still plays @ LSU, Miss State, & Auburn
Auburn still plays @ Oxford, @ UGA, & @ Bama (freakin' brutal, dude)
Oxford still plays Auburn & Miss State (all at home...wienies)
Miss State still plays @ Bama & @ Oxford (not as brutal as Auburn, but bad enough)
LSU still plays Bama, Arkansas, & A&M...so maybe? LSU could end up 6-2 in the SEC...crazier things have happened.

Very happy for you LSU fans today...ANY team that takes down that stoopid Oxford Reb---Bear team and makes QB Bo Bo the Clown run away to the locker room with 0:02 left in the game is a huge fan of mine.

K Major 10-26-2014 02:30 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry from MS (Post 620847)
Bama still plays @ LSU, Miss State, & Auburn
Auburn still plays @ Oxford, @ UGA, & @ Bama (freakin' brutal, dude)
Oxford still plays Auburn & Miss State (all at home...wienies)
LSU still plays Bama, Arkansas, & A&M...so maybe? LSU could end up 6-2 in the SEC...crazier things have happened.

It's unfortunate these programs have to beat each other up.
Bama may have the toughest remaining schedule of them all.

The SEC is no joke.

Barry from MS 10-26-2014 04:37 PM

Re: Who is #1?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 620889)
It's unfortunate these programs have to beat each other up.
Bama may have the toughest remaining schedule of them all.

The SEC is no joke.

No freakin' kidding. If both Auburn & Bama win out until the Iron Bowl, the winner of the Iron Bowl is the best team in college football.

Judging by yesterday in Lexington, I think my State team has peaked too quick. Plus Prescott is getting dinged up pretty good week-to-week.

Here's a thought a few years down the line (hell, maybe even next year): that Kentucky QB Towles is gonna be a beast. He played his blood & guts out yesterday against my Dawgs. Much respect for that guy.

180 degree from that douche bag Bo Wallace...leaving the field with 0:02 left in the game. Bush league.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com