Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheOak Taking two sacks has absolutely zero to do with Sean Payton or anyone else. Thatís all on him. ^ This. Unless you maybe stick with a run call so you donít allow the sack to happen....

Like Tree164Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #321
Threaded by Boston Saint
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Taking two sacks has absolutely zero to do with Sean Payton or anyone else. Thatís all on him.
^ This. Unless you maybe stick with a run call so you donít allow the sack to happen.
TheOak likes this.
Views: 6923
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #322
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
Posts: 1,348
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Heís not talking about Ruiz. Hell, we donít have anyone to back him up except for Clapp and I think heís still battling an injury.

He is talking about 82 (I refuse to call him by name) and Johnson. As bad as we played if he doesnít miss both of those extra points we are in a position where we donít need to go for two. 82 has cost us at least two opportunities to win with bone headed penalties.

Iím sorry CookÖsmh
Rsanders24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:49 AM   #323
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 3,223
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by Rsanders24 View Post
Heís not talking about Ruiz. Hell, we donít have anyone to back him up except for Clapp and I think heís still battling an injury.

He is talking about 82 (I refuse to call him by name) and Johnson. As bad as we played if he doesnít miss both of those extra points we are in a position where we donít need to go for two. 82 has cost us at least two opportunities to win with bone headed penalties.

Iím sorry CookÖsmh

Cook seemed disinterested and lacked heart. I don't miss him.
Boutte and SaintGnome like this.
iceshack149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #324
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by iceshack149 View Post
Cook seemed disinterested and lacked heart. I don't miss him.
Hey, Cook would have caught passes...he just would have fumbled after doing so.

In honesty I thought Trautman had a great game for his standards up until the flinch penalty. He made more crucial catches in this game than any other this year. Smith improved as well. Put them together and they almost had one decent skill player on the field.
Boutte and SmashMouth like this.
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #325
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 19,449
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Simeon can not handle pressure, that last minute before half time was a complete cluster**** of clock management and decision making. Very poor situational awareness.
Agreed.

You simply canít take 2 sacks like that to end the half. That was terrible. In crucial moments, heís not reading the defense/stunts well enough.

I guess heís a ďback upĒ for a reason.
AsylumGuido and TheOak like this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #326
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 14,798
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Agreed.

You simply canít take 2 sacks like that to end the half. That was terrible. In crucial moments, heís not reading the defense/stunts well enough.

I guess heís a ďback upĒ for a reason.
Exactly! On all points. That was the same type of decision making he displayed when he had his chance with the Broncos. He can come in and spell a starter, but he cannot be depended upon to win you a game. He can, however, help you lose one.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #327
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Agreed.

You simply canít take 2 sacks like that to end the half. That was terrible. In crucial moments, heís not reading the defense/stunts well enough.

I guess heís a ďback upĒ for a reason.
Yes. But at what position group are we NOT playing backups at? QB, check. RB, check. WR, check. You see where Iím going with this Good kicking or better blocking or decent catching or not flinching on an extra point try or not getting screwed by the refs would have gotten a W.
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:06 PM   #328
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 19,449
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Yes. But at what position group are we NOT playing backups at? QB, check. RB, check. WR, check. You see where Iím going with this Good kicking or better blocking or decent catching or not flinching on an extra point try or not getting screwed by the refs would have gotten a W.
The game still has to be played Boston.

As Oak stated, Trevor has poor situational awareness and that cannot happen in that instance. Throw it away & into the stands but donít take sacks.
AsylumGuido likes this.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #329
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 14,798
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
The game still has to be played Boston.

As Oak stated, Trevor has poor situational awareness and that cannot happen in that instance. Throw it away & into the stands but donít take sacks.
I was screaming at the TV on both those plays to "throw the damned ball away". If you don't have a shot immediately get rid of it.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #330
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,265
Re: Saints @ Titans Game Day Thread

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
The game still has to be played Boston.

As Oak stated, Trevor has poor situational awareness and that cannot happen in that instance. Throw it away & into the stands but donít take sacks.
Oh I agree 100% he canít take those sacks; especially in those situations. Iím Just pointing out that a bunch of backup talent guys are pulling starting reps on the offensive side of the ball. If they would have quality players helping him Simeon played well enough to win the last two games the team lost. Hell, I doubt we would have made FGs even if Simeon had thrown the ball away and not taken sacks.
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts