New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Breaking News: Saints looking at a couple of full backs... (https://blackandgold.com/saints/22006-saints-looking-couple-full-backs.html)

B_Dub_Saint 10-27-2009 08:19 PM

Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Evans injury might be a little more serious than I predicted. I guess we didnt have anyone we could pull off of the practice squad...


Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the New Orleans Saints worked out free-agent FB Darian Barnes (Saints) and free-agent FB Kyle Eckel (Eagles).
Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the New Orleans Saints brought in free-agent FB Zak Keasey (49ers) for a visit.

CantonLegend 10-27-2009 08:20 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Dub_Saint (Post 173289)
Looks like Evans injury might be a little more serious than I predicted. I guess we didnt have anyone we could pull off of the practice squad


Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the New Orleans Saints worked out free-agent FB Darian Barnes (Saints) and free-agent FB Kyle Eckel (Eagles).
Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the New Orleans Saints brought in free-agent FB Zak Keasey (49ers) for a visit.

i wanna see eckel......a navy boy in black and gold

Sir Psycho Sexy 10-27-2009 10:38 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
that's a huge blow if we lose Heath. Guy made some big plays and his blocking was outstanding.

QBREES9 10-27-2009 11:00 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
What about Lorzeno Neal ???

Euphoria 10-27-2009 11:16 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
If he's been working out I am all for NEAL!!! Its all up to weather he's in shape.

QBREES9 10-27-2009 11:18 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
He was last with the Raiders. I bet Drew would know.

jnormand 10-28-2009 01:50 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Great....I really hope Evans and Sed can come back soon.

rich006 10-28-2009 02:49 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
What happened to Sobomehin?

neugey 10-28-2009 12:10 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Give Hartley some reps at fullback LOL

skymike 10-28-2009 04:22 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rich006 (Post 173346)
What happened to Sobomehin?

Sobmehin's hurt too. Sux losing Evans--- he was doing everything you'd want a FB to do.

neugey 10-28-2009 04:53 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Seriously, Dinkins is healthy now, so more 2-TE sets and using David Thomas occasionally at FB should help us get by. Also can put two RB's in the backfield

SmashMouth 10-28-2009 09:04 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neugey (Post 173488)
Seriously, Dinkins is healthy now, so more 2-TE sets and using David Thomas occasionally at FB should help us get by. Also can put two RB's in the backfield

Atta boy ... good call

jn671 10-28-2009 10:03 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neugey (Post 173425)
Give Hartley some reps at fullback LOL

lol good one!

jn671 10-28-2009 10:04 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neugey (Post 173488)
Seriously, Dinkins is healthy now, so more 2-TE sets and using David Thomas occasionally at FB should help us get by. Also can put two RB's in the backfield

i agree.. but i was hearing strief as a full back? also.. what ever happened to karney?

hagan714 10-28-2009 10:11 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rich006 (Post 173346)
What happened to Sobomehin?

injury waiver a few weeks ago. my vote goes to Darian Barnes, we released him in july and i have to wonder if there is not a reason we looked at him in the first place. After that the pickings get thin. So in SP I must trust

ArmySaintFan 10-29-2009 12:57 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jn671 (Post 173558)
i agree.. but i was hearing strief as a full back? also.. what ever happened to karney?

Where did he sign.....browns?...rams? one of those ****ty teams

Rugby Saint II 10-29-2009 01:07 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
OK Payton work your magic. ;)

B_Dub_Saint 10-29-2009 01:49 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
David Thomas actually played a little fullback against the Dolphins when Evans went out. We could possibly see him line up there Monday night.

exile 10-29-2009 01:51 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmySaintFan (Post 173705)
Where did he sign.....browns?...rams? one of those ****ty teams

Rams and he is averaging 4.0 yds/carry. Of course, he only 2 attempts.

SmashMouth 03-15-2010 01:43 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Zak Keasey, New Orleans Saints, NFL - CBSSports.com Football

I guess he's a keeper ... he's still on the roster. Do we need to keep him?

New Orleans Saints - Roster

hagan714 03-15-2010 06:04 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
How about a project. Since a FB is not a traditional FB by any means in the SP definition of the position. Why not look to the draft for a solution. A large back with hands that is an answer to our needs on short yardage.

Toby Gerhart, Stanford
Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh

I would love to PT and DD in the same backfield with bush in the slot n third and long.

Tobias-Reiper 03-15-2010 08:57 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Looks like y'all are reading too much into it.
These are just routine visits by minor players that happen every offseason.

TopCow 03-15-2010 10:32 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper (Post 213174)
Looks like y'all are reading too much into it.
These are just routine visits by minor players that happen every offseason.

I agree, T-R. We may be hitting a panic button here. Could be that Heath Evans will be just fine next season. The fact that Loomis & Co. are working out other fullbacks could be just precautionary, just in case Heath Evans is not 100% next year.

Cruize 03-15-2010 11:24 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
I haven't seen how Evans is that great at any point of his career. Plus, the FB is and always will be an afterthought in Payton's offense.

strato 03-15-2010 11:36 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruize (Post 213182)
I haven't seen how Evans is that great at any point of his career. Plus, the FB is and always will be an afterthought in Payton's offense.

Evans was great man....i hope he comes back..just another weapon and he was missed...

CantonLegend 03-15-2010 01:49 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 213167)
How about a project. Since a FB is not a traditional FB by any means in the SP definition of the position. Why not look to the draft for a solution. A large back with hands that is an answer to our needs on short yardage.

Toby Gerhart, Stanford
Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh

I would love to PT and DD in the same backfield with bush in the slot n third and long.

i like dickerson a lot

runs hard and fast

i hate that we got rid of a true fullback in favor of a bigger running back but he was alright for the few games that he played in....while the true fullback helped stephen jackson to 1500 yards rushing

later in the season we used a fullback in the traditional sense and it would be nice to see a fullback who can do both block and catch out of the backfield.....dickerson could do that IMO

Crusader 03-15-2010 02:49 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 213167)
How about a project. Since a FB is not a traditional FB by any means in the SP definition of the position. Why not look to the draft for a solution. A large back with hands that is an answer to our needs on short yardage.

Toby Gerhart, Stanford
Dorin Dickerson, Pittsburgh

I would love to PT and DD in the same backfield with bush in the slot n third and long.

I don't think Gerhart will be a FB, hes fast enough to warrant time as a HB and boy can he run. I would love to see him as our big back instead of Bell.

iceshack149 03-15-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruize (Post 213182)
I haven't seen how Evans is that great at any point of his career. Plus, the FB is and always will be an afterthought in Payton's offense.

Evans made me forget about a guy that I liked in the backfield in Karney. Evans is more than a blocker so he adds more dynamics to the #1 offense in the league. I hope that he stays healthy next year.

B_Dub_Saint 03-16-2010 10:08 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Evans freakin went off in the Eagles game and played a huge role in all the game's he played. He was a beast in the backfield and the dude has great hands as well. He'll be back in 2010.

homerj07 03-16-2010 11:32 AM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
We missed Evans - A LOT. We really had problmes after his inj.

B_Dub_Saint 03-16-2010 04:09 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by homerj07 (Post 213372)
We missed Evans - A LOT. We really had problmes after his inj.

I agree, do you know the terms to his contract? Did we just sign him for 1 year?

SCHEX10 03-16-2010 05:36 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
DWYER!!!!:bng:

Sir Psycho Sexy 03-16-2010 05:55 PM

Re: Saints looking at a couple of full backs...
 
There's been a lot of assumptions made on this thread. Maybe we are just doing our homework like teams are supposed to. Doesn't mean Heath won't be ready for 2010


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com