New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Green Bay - Pittsburgh - New Orleans (https://blackandgold.com/saints/32386-green-bay-pittsburgh-new-orleans.html)

Choupique 02-10-2011 06:37 AM

Green Bay - Pittsburgh - New Orleans
 
I watched the Stupor Bowl. Yawn.

The Saints... at their peak in the last two seasons would've beat either of those teams that played in the Super Bowl. The Fleur De Lis would have looked awesome on those hats, darnit. Far better than "G" does...

I maintain we've got a better team than either of the Super Bowl participants.
The last time we played either team we shellacked that (_!_). Heck the Saints
put a fifty burger on the cheese last time, right?

Two dat doesn't have to be consecutive years. Geaux Saints.

Can't wait for next season...

Beastmode 02-10-2011 08:40 AM

Packers won some tough games this year, especially in the playoffs. Rogers may not be the most accurate passer but he did enough to keep many a drives going so I give them a lot of credit.

I'm not a fan of game by game comparisons either. We beat the Steelers pretty good but that was a spotlight game in the Dome and the Saints had to win that game to keep the critics off their back. And it wasn't a total beat down from what I remember. A couple of plays and it would have been much closer.

Danno 02-10-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmode (Post 284868)
Packers won some tough games this year, especially in the playoffs. Rogers may not be the most accurate passer but he did enough to keep many a drives going so I give them a lot of credit.

I'm not a fan of game by game comparisons either. We beat the Steelers pretty good but that was a spotlight game in the Dome and the Saints had to win that game to keep the critics off their back. And it wasn't a total beat down from what I remember. A couple of plays and it would have been much closer.

Rodgers is near the very top of the NFL in accuracy, and thats with all the drops.


But yeah,, I'm not a fan of comparing games either.

The Browns spanked the Pats, so if the Pats played the Brown's schedule they'd only win 4 games?

WhoDat!656 02-10-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupique (Post 284864)
I watched the Stupor Bowl. Yawn.

The Saints... at their peak in the last two seasons would've beat either of those teams that played in the Super Bowl. The Fleur De Lis would have looked awesome on those hats, darnit. Far better than "G" does...

I maintain we've got a better team than either of the Super Bowl participants.
The last time we played either team we shellacked that (_!_). Heck the Saints
put a fifty burger on the cheese last time, right?

Two dat doesn't have to be consecutive years. Geaux Saints.

Can't wait for next season...

The Saints beat the Packers 34-27 Week 2 in '06 @ Lambeau.

The Saints lost to the Packers 52-3 Week 5 in '05 @ Lambeau.

QBREES9 02-10-2011 10:51 AM

Ok so who's not making the playoff's next year Green Bay or the Steelers.

RaginCajun83 02-10-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBREES9 (Post 284894)
Ok so who's not making the playoff's next year Green Bay or the Steelers.

Steelers, with Ben they seem to follow Superbowl appearances with sub 500 seasons

subguy 02-10-2011 12:09 PM

I think the Saints would have matched up well against the Steelers. And I think we could have beaten GB on the way to the big dance, if the Saints showed up and not the the team that showed up in Seattle. Also, I don't think you can fault Rodgers and his accuracy I think he is a really good all around QB and an accurate passer.

Speedy Ron 02-10-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmode (Post 284868)
Packers won some tough games this year, especially in the playoffs. Rogers may not be the most accurate passer but he did enough to keep many a drives going so I give them a lot of credit.

I'm not a fan of game by game comparisons either. We beat the Steelers pretty good but that was a spotlight game in the Dome and the Saints had to win that game to keep the critics off their back. And it wasn't a total beat down from what I remember. A couple of plays and it would have been much closer.


Rogers is easily top 2 or 3 in the league in accuracy. easily. great qb IMO. he can run, and throw on the run. gotta respect the guys game

st thomas 02-10-2011 05:56 PM

the lost in the playoffs will only make us stronger next season. i really would feel bad if we don't get a lick at seattle again in 11.

OldMaid 02-10-2011 07:24 PM

If the Saints Dec. 2010 were all healthy, they could have been a very formidable opponent against either team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com