New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: Where does Chris Ivory fit in with the Saints in 2012 (https://blackandgold.com/saints/44539-where-does-chris-ivory-fit-saints-2012-a.html)

SmashMouth 06-13-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 411879)
No he can't, and he doesn't need to. We got dat covered.

Guess so... it's not like we were counting on Romeus!

|Mitch| 06-13-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 411879)
No he can't, and he doesn't need to. We got dat covered.

Don't forget, we lose Will Smith for the first 4 games as well... That combined with Romeus gone puts a slight dent in our depth.

saintsfan1976 06-13-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 411919)
Don't forget, we lose Will Smith for the first 4 games as well... That combined with Romeus gone puts a slight dent in our depth.

Didn't miss Smith last year.

Don't forget; we have a new DC

|Mitch| 06-13-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 (Post 411920)
Don't forget; we have a new DC

What's a new DC have to do with 2 less players to sub in and out? And losing Smith a starter for the first 4 is while not a real big deal, it does hurt a little...

That leaves us with Broughton, Galette, Cameron, Mcbride, Walker in the DE spot.

Cameron and maybe Galette are the only two that I see have the possibility of starting, the others seem sketchy at best...

Maybe Wilson, but I doubt he is anything more than a situational DE

halloween 65 06-16-2012 10:33 PM

I like Ivory, I say keep him and in tight games, run that mule. I love a grind game or a bad weather game every now and then.

saintsfan1976 06-17-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Mitch| (Post 411927)
That leaves us with Broughton, Galette, Cameron, Mcbride, Walker in the DE spot.

Cameron and maybe Galette are the only two that I see have the possibility of starting, the others seem sketchy at best...

Maybe Wilson, but I doubt he is anything more than a situational DE

This is exactly how our new DC helps. Teams won't know what's coming, Spags will make it work.

papz 06-17-2012 10:49 AM

Ride the pine, wave the towel, and be ready when his number is called.

Rugby Saint II 06-17-2012 12:49 PM

I don't have much info on Banyard but what I hear is that he's another powerful runner. Somewhere I read that he's also good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

The Dude 06-17-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 412649)
I don't have much info on Banyard but what I hear is that he's another powerful runner. Somewhere I read that he's also good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Read the same thing. Made me wonder if Ivory may be on the bubble.

SaintsBro 06-17-2012 01:39 PM

I have kinda said this before, but I feel like Payton has guys that he trusts, that are "his" guys, and he sticks with them through thick and thin...like Sproles, Pierre, Deuce was one, and of course Brees. Then he has these other guys, particularly running backs, that he just plugs in and throws them at the wall, to see what sticks. That second group of guys, if you are not giving him what he wants, he is really quick to give them the hook, and move on... It's like if you're in his doghouse, you become dead or invisible to him, really quick. And he kinda has attention deficit disorder, not a lot of patience with certain players or pieces of his offense.


And for some reason, I don't know why, I feel like Chris Ivory has never quite made it into that "lock" or "go to guy" category with Sean. My hunch is that I think it had something to do with fumbles, stuff like the fumble in the Falcons game in '10, which was kind of a game-blower. Because everybody fumbles, but to get Pierre Thomas to fumble you pretty much have to knock him flat out unconscious or break his leg (same with Colston). But when Ivory fumbles, they are either at TERRIBLE times in the game, or they're kinda like, avoidable, silly looking, or the ball just freakishly pops out or goes flying from his hand. Maybe that's not all of it,but for some reason I feel like Payton has never been completely sold on Ivory. Which makes me wonder about Banyard as well. And also not having Payton around this year makes it an even greater question mark.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com