New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Cam Meredith Injuried (https://blackandgold.com/saints/89805-cam-meredith-injuried.html)

Beastmode 08-15-2018 07:38 AM

Cam Meredith Injuried
 
"New Orleans Saints WR Cameron Meredith (undisclosed) has missed the last several days of practice with an undisclosed injury, although there doesn't seem to be any concern the injury is related to his surgically repaired knee, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.
Meredith posted about obstacles and tests on his twitter account, so this could be more than minor, but it is difficult to know. This certainly makes us less enthusiastic to draft Meredith at ADP and could open a path for rookie Tre'Quan Smith to contribute early."

High risk high reward. Good thing we are stocked up.



ChrisXVI 08-15-2018 08:01 AM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 


saintfan 08-15-2018 08:01 AM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Well I hope it's not anything more than a 'typical' injury. If it is, Smith may get his baptism sooner than later.

K Major 08-15-2018 08:16 AM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
In my mind this 2018 WR group is still deep with depth. Tre'quan Smith, Kirkwood, Floyd, Carr, Tate etc ... here is your opportunity.

When Meredith comes back at full strength ... whatever he gives us during the regular season will be lagniappe.

ScottF 08-15-2018 09:55 AM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 808399)
In my mind this 2018 WR group is still deep with depth. Tre'quan Smith, Kirkwood, Floyd, Carr, Tate etc ... here is your opportunity.

When Meredith comes back at full strength ... whatever he gives us during the regular season will be lagniappe.

We paid a lot for lagniappe.

I think Floyd is going to stick based on his resume and potential; he might not be having the greatest camp, but I think he makes it up rep.

K Major 08-15-2018 10:13 AM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 808407)
We paid a lot for lagniappe.

I think Floyd is going to stick based on his resume and potential; he might not be having the greatest camp, but I think he makes it up rep.

It was a 2 year deal with 1 year guaranteed. If Cam doesn't pan out this season, cut your ties and move on.

Rugby Saint II 08-15-2018 12:16 PM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Smith and the rest of the young guns will be getting his reps which should help their growth. We have some depth so I'm not too worried.

ChrisXVI 08-15-2018 12:17 PM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
He’s back at practice today!

AsylumGuido 08-15-2018 02:40 PM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 808409)
It was a 2 year deal with 1 year guaranteed. If Cam doesn't pan out this season, cut your ties and move on.

He'll pan out. Supposedly it's something minor not related to the former knee issue (from which he has fully recovered).

K Major 08-15-2018 02:42 PM

Re: Cam Meredith Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 808448)
He'll pan out.

I'm quite confident he will too. I really like his ceiling as a player.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com