New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   I really hope this isn't Brees's last year (https://blackandgold.com/saints/94726-i-really-hope-isnt-breess-last-year.html)

WillSaints81 08-25-2019 09:58 AM

I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
I have heard rumblings on this board all offseason that people think he hangs it up after this year. I hope you are wrong, but it's clear what direction the NFL is going in and Luck's retirement just cemented that. Also, take into consideration the screw job that happened in January. Who wants to continue having to play for Roger Goodell and today's officiating? Who wants to continue playing against a bunch of immature teams and arrogant players? Brees is not that kind of guy.

CHA_CHING 08-25-2019 10:38 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
How does Luck's retirement cement a future of early retirements? One look at the list of injuries he sustained in his short career sums up why he is hanging it up -

Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
partially torn abdomen
a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
at least 1 concussion
a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

I'm pretty sure these injuries had more to do with retirement than Roger Goodell and officiating.

CheramieIII 08-25-2019 10:47 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Luck is the exception not the rule.

st thomas 08-25-2019 10:48 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 (Post 852240)
I have heard rumblings on this board all offseason that people think he hangs it up after this year. I hope you are wrong, but it's clear what direction the NFL is going in and Luck's retirement just cemented that. Also, take into consideration the screw job that happened in January. Who wants to continue having to play for Roger Goodell and today's officiating? Who wants to continue playing against a bunch of immature teams and arrogant players? Brees is not that kind of guy.



U and me both . Will until we see consistency with teddy with the 0nes. We will go thru some growing pains same goes with greatsome taysum.

CHA_CHING 08-25-2019 11:04 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
The biggest concern with Brees is his age and the fact that his stats tanked so hard in the final month of the year. That's where we all have concerns going into this year.

Completely different from what Luck's case is. Brees has had a much longer career too.

st thomas 08-25-2019 11:10 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 852251)
The biggest concern with Brees is his age and the fact that his stats tanked so hard in the final month of the year. That's where we all have concerns going into this year.

Completely different from what Luck's case is. Brees has had a much longer career too.



Im thinking Brees was more in pain then losing arm strength toward the latter. He got steam rolled by 3 players after a botched INT against the clowns. A pick that was called off for Pass interference. Just yappin.

jeanpierre 08-25-2019 11:12 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 852244)
How does Luck's retirement cement a future of early retirements? One look at the list of injuries he sustained in his short career sums up why he is hanging it up -

Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
partially torn abdomen
a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
at least 1 concussion
a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
and this mysterious calf/ankle issue that led to this

I'm pretty sure these injuries had more to do with retirement than Roger Goodell and officiating.

You left out what is bothering him most, concussions/headaches...

Know that's what would be scaring me most...

st thomas 08-25-2019 11:18 AM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 852252)
Im thinking Brees was more in pain then losing arm strength toward the latter. He got steam rolled by 3 players after a botched INT against the clowns. A pick that was called off for Pass interference. Just yappin.



After that game . Against the cowboys he had nothing behind that arm.

foreverfan 08-25-2019 12:38 PM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 852251)
The biggest concern with Brees is his age and the fact that his stats tanked so hard in the final month of the year. That's where we all have concerns going into this year.

Completely different from what Luck's case is. Brees has had a much longer career too.


And don't forget...

  • some away games on grass
  • good defenses
  • playoff teams :rolleyes:

Cruize 08-25-2019 04:17 PM

Re: I really hope this isn't Brees's last year
 
40 is just a number with Brees. Condition wise, I'd say 32. My guess is is he can play until he's 44. I believe he will play for 2 more years after this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com