Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
papz
Problem?

Re: Belichick fined $500K by NFL for taping Jets' signals

3 Superbowl rings for a fine and a lost draft pick... well worth it for the Pats.

I still like the Pats.

I'm sure they're not the only team out there doing this sort of stuff... just maybe not as extreme. They're just the only ones who got caught and made an example out of.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
cadilacin
"Real Talk"

So What!

Everything is on film these days anyway. Sometimes while watching the game on TV they'll show the D-cord making signals to the defense. So if these calls are so secret give the defensive coaches head sets.

And people been stealing signals for years thats why every O-cord and/or head coach in this league cover their mouths when they call plays.

Get over it! They were fined. Lets move on.

I guess those tapes had something to do with Donavan McNabb getting so tired in the SuperBowl that he couldn't call the play. Or had something to do with that last pick he through. I DOUBT IT.

I guess the tapes also had something to do with the blueprint that Bill gave the rest of the 3-4 defensive teams on how to frustrate Peyton Manning. PROBABLY NOT!

Losers always hate on winners.

Bring on TAMPA!!

The pats game plan, and draft well. This is the organization I wish the Saints were like.

The best conerback tandem in the league reside in the N.O.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Tobias-Reiper
Merces Letifer

Originally Posted by papz View Post
3 Superbowl rings for a fine and a lost draft pick... well worth it for the Pats.

I still like the Pats.

I'm sure they're not the only team out there doing this sort of stuff... just maybe not as extreme. They're just the only ones who got caught and made an example out of.
... well, one thing is to cheat your way to 3 SB's, another is to get caught...
... and, the thing is, they just didn't "get caught"... there's a history, and the Pats had been warned to stop doing it. The monetary penalty as well as the draft pick may be 'a small price", but not the label of "cheater", which pretty much makes that "dynasty" talk crumble.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
patdog
100th Post

Not enough, u do know the Pat's have 2 first round picks next year. So taking 1 of them only helps them with dealing with trying to pay 2 first rounders. And do you really think a dollar of that $500K will come from Belichick wallet? If anybody do, growup.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
papz
Problem?

I think the penalty is harsh enough already. What else do people want? Strip their Superbowl titles? They committed a crime... and dealing with the consequences.

So taking 1 of them only helps them with dealing with trying to pay 2 first rounders.
That's because they're a deep team and made smart moves during last year's draft.

They're still a very good team with a smart coach, great quarterback, and players at every skill position. With or without stealing signals, they'll have no problem winning games this year. And should they win a Superbowl this year, it'll quiet all this talk.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
ssmitty
1000 Posts +

none the less, it does put a blemish on their accomplishments in my mind...
sort of like an asterisk at the beginning of a record......
he should have been suspended for so many games to say the least.....
a slap on the hand will not stop this, only open the doors for new ideas
how to keep it going.....
the commish blew this one................
he had a chance to make people think twice about doing this
and now they'll continue to think it'll be a fine and draft pick....
would you take a superbowl over a fine a draft pick?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
CheramieIII
Fan Since 1967

Angry Re: Belichick fined $500K by NFL for taping Jets' signals

and you know they've been doing it forever. Now we'll never know if Bellichick is really good or not. He wasn't crap until he started cheating and that was when he became head coach of the Patriots. What a freaking shame. They should put this guy in the cell with Convick.

We'll see how good Brady and the Patriots really are now. It will take a little time for all of the teams to change up for the Patriots since they already have alot of film (cheaters).

CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS,
CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, CHEATERS, cHEATERS,

What a bunch of losers and you know the entire team knew about it.

Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.
Jimmy Demaret
Closed Thread