Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

BIG Welcome to OLD SCHOOLERS

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Well, I am one of the originals. Joined in 98 when I got my first PC. I lived in Hawaii at the time and was AlohaSaint until I moved to Colorado Springs in 03 hence the change to RMS. This ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
Mmm That Smell!

Well, I am one of the originals. Joined in 98 when I got my first PC. I lived in Hawaii at the time and was AlohaSaint until I moved to Colorado Springs in 03 hence the change to RMS. This site has kept me sane and informed when I lived in the "wilderness" among other lesser team's deluded fans.
This is by far the most welcoming, inclusive board around. The old-timers don't treat it as their own property, so anyone can jump in from day one and be an equal.

Welcome all to the GREATEST SAINTS SITE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no one.
Who are you?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
E. Side Cholo

Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint View Post
This is by far the most welcoming, inclusive board around. The old-timers don't treat it as their own property...
very well said. funny thing is, at the board where that does happen, there's a band of sycophants who believe the old timers, and continually stroke them and tell them how they "build" the board. The only person who built this board is Halo. Everyone else is playing in his treehouse, but I'm glad they are. Welcome Old Timers.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
1000 Posts +

Love this place, always have. You know I didnt even find out about it until my buddy Saintfan1976 let me in on the goods. I was to busy defending myself on the other site. So glad I found my home.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #14
Banned

I still go to the "other site" from time to time... I originally registered there in 2000 but then when the man-love (credit to Skymike) regime took over it became unbearable.... the only posters still there who garner an iota of respect from me are Ra and LSSpam... everybody else is too worried about the next Iphone update to have anything interesting to say.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #15
E. Side Cholo

totally edited. crazy misunderstanding. It was John Cleese-esqe, Fawlty Towers-type comedy, when you hear how.

I still think ra & spam have social disorders & live with their mama, but this is America, and you & me are cool.

Last edited by skymike; 12-21-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #16
Banned

Ok, edited my post too...

"man-love" was quoting you. you may have said "boys r us", but i thought I remembered you calling it that.

that's what "credit to skymike" meant.

Last edited by CashAndFlash; 12-21-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #17
E. Side Cholo

edit: all good. completely misunderstood what you were saying. sorry.

You're gonna laugh, when I splain.
Its the old, "you cant add too much water," riff.

Last edited by skymike; 12-21-2010 at 05:40 PM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
Banned

cool... though I have no idea what the water quote means
Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
E. Side Cholo

haha Strato... I know, right?... its just, you know... we're not sure how to act when there's nobody spouting stupid sh** .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So, C&F, my description of them was "Boys R Us," but that "Man-Love Regime" is hilarious, and nails it. Im stealing that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You Cant Add Too Much Water --

Its an old gag, that SNL actually did years ago. Im sure there are lots of versions of it, but in theirs, these people were throwing a retirement party for their Old Reliable Leader type guy, just a normal type lame office party.

The thing was, they were working in a nuclear power plant!

So the last thing he says, going out the door, was, "Remember guys, you cant add too much water," and then he flew off to Tahiti.

So next thing you see is a bunch of labcoats slowly come to the realization that they're not sure what he meant.

So the debate starts, "Oh, yeah, Bob meant you can put all the water in you want-- "you cant add too much water." "He means you should keep putting in more and more water."

Then someone would counter, "Oh no, he meant literally that you simply cannot add too much water, or else everything will blow." "He wants us to put in water, but definitely not too much water." "That's what he means by, "you cant add too much water."

So around they go, becoming more & more frightened & confused until the last scene you see is Bob laying on the beach enjoying his drink, when suddenly he sees the horizon go, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! (mushroom cloud.)

You cant add too much water.

I thought you were crediting skymike for the emergence of the man-love regime, meaning me & my vatos, when you actually meant the Hate-bags and their pals. Plus, you cited two posters I had some nasty history with. (hey thats me, not you, so no worries.) Add that to our other misunderstanding, & you can see my mind working.

cmon, thats funny.

Last edited by skymike; 12-21-2010 at 06:11 PM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #20
Banned

It is funny.

I just thought Ra was crazy. His off the wall style provided me with some entertainment, and I thought spam was like a literate version of 2884 (ugh).

But anywhere, that's neither here nor there. Friend request coming.
Closed Thread