Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Defend your HANDLE!

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Or VOWELMAN!!! Dudes got more vowels than a Hawaiian phone book. hahah...I just saw this. Dude 'dats funny right there....

Like Tree143Likes

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #61
Donated Plasma

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Or VOWELMAN!!!

Dudes got more vowels than a Hawaiian phone book.
hahah...I just saw this. Dude 'dats funny right there.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #62
100th Post

Born in Lake Charles. Lived in Metarie, Gretna, Timberlane till 1971. Used to watch games with my Dad. Went to Mcdonough 26 Elementary, Livaudais Middle School.

Now live in California, but come home often. My big brother still lives in the French Quarter on Esplanade another brother-in-law lives in Kenner. Love NOLA. Love the Saints.
SloMotion likes this.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #63
Fan Since 1967

hey who dat cat I used to live around Timberlane and hung out with alot of the boys from around there. Know any of the Deloney's? I think of some of the girls in a sec.....ond wait here it comes! dammit it went away. roflmao
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #64
Site Donor 2018

Originally Posted by FireVenturi View Post
Fireventuri

You saw the Saints D during the Haslett/Venturi era?
If you thought that defense then was bad...

Last edited by jeanpierre; 01-02-2012 at 06:49 AM..
Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #65
Site Donor 2018

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
My name is Daniel, so Danno was a natural, especially since I was a big Dan Marino fan and one of my best friends in college always called me Danno.
Marino was the best.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #66
Site Donor 2018

Try to keep this simple; born in Thibodaux - raised on Bayou Cane (Houma)

How I got my nickname/alter ego?

We have a vendor, Bryan that visits for the first time and wants local cuisine and to meet real Cajuns.

Our best friend, Bubba, arranges for a couple of his hunting podnuhs to have Lunch with us at what is now Hebert's Cafe...

Bryan sits next to one of Bubba's friends, Jean; and Bryan is just eating up the sidebar conversation - having the time of his life...

I drive him back to New Orleans for Dinner and we meet with Bryan and his boss, Jim, who had flown in to NOLA, but didn't want to leave the city...

Jim asks Bryan about the day's events in front of several people at the table...

Bryan geauxs on about the area, the food, and the people with respect to Lunch that day; Jim asks him what Bryan and Jean talked about - Bryan says "I don't know, it was all in Cajun French - isn't that great!?!"

I started laughing and then had to explain to him that Jean doesn't speak French but that he talks fast and low (i.e. Farmer Fran/Waterboy)

Well this just slayed Bryan; his boss was not impressed as he's pretty much an Adam Henry...

Bryan and I went out for drinks with some of my buddies in NOLA to ease his public disappointment and somewhere between Lucy's and Fat Harry's I became Jean Pierre as we laughed about it...

So that's it...

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #67
100th Post

Reuben Mayes

now that's a great story, Jean Pierre!

as to how my handle, came about, well, I live in Canada and when Reuben Mayes played for the Saints back in the 80's I always thought it was pretty kool having a fellow canuck playing on the Saints or anywhere in the NFL for that matter as there weren't(back in Reuben's playing days) and aren't today, too many canucks occupying NFL rosters.

I believe Reuben hailed from North Battleford, Saskatchewan and he certainly had a nice career as a Saint...thus the homage to my fellow Canuck Saint, Reuben Mayes as my handle!

Rueben
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #68
5000 POSTS! +

SloMotion . . . short for 'slow motion', long for 'SloMo' . . . I don't do anything fast, speed kills, slow & steady wins the prize . . . oh yeah, I'm a Lions fan and I was invited . . . first post . . . when you speak of me, speak kindly . . .

go Lions.
jeanpierre likes this.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #69
Donated Plasma

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
SloMotion . . . short for 'slow motion', long for 'SloMo' . . . I don't do anything fast, speed kills, slow & steady wins the prize . . . oh yeah, I'm a Lions fan and I was invited . . . first post . . . when you speak of me, speak kindly . . .

go Lions.
Welcome aboard SloMo. Here's to a good game (and a Saints win of course) this weekend!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #70
5000 POSTS! +

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Welcome aboard SloMo. Here's to a good game (and a Saints win of course) this weekend!

Why thank-you very much . . . I'm looking forward to the game and being on the board ... you know, I'm not ruling out the possibility of you guys maybe pulling this one out at home either ... either way, there's gonna' be a hot time in the Big Easy saturday nite! ... hey, where can I get one of those picketing smiley's with a Lions logo? lol ... good luck to the Saints and maybe you guys go easy on us, eh? We're kind of out of shape in the whole 'postseason' dept. . . .

go Lions.
Closed Thread