Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL
Shop Horizontal

Kaepernick, the new Tebow

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Tebow hasn't been in the NFL long enough now has he played enough for there to be a new version of someone that has yet to be a success....

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #11
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Tebow hasn't been in the NFL long enough now has he played enough for there to be a new version of someone that has yet to be a success.
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

I'd compare him more to Cam Newton. Newton looked awesome for about a season then teams started figuring him out and he came back down to earth (well everything but his ego did).
Danno is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,617
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
Kaepernick is very good. He's no Tebow.
One glaring difference between the two (outside of talent) is Kaepernick is a punk.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,506
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
One glaring difference between the two (outside of talent) is Kaepernick is a punk.
I haven't followed the guy much off the field but why is he a punk? I haven't seen anything to led me to that.
Once again I don't follow the guy much
Jamessr is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,192
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I'd compare him more to Cam Newton. Newton looked awesome for about a season then teams started figuring him out and he came back down to earth (well everything but his ego did).
^^^THIS^^^
saintfan is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Rookies either look like crap year 1 or look like the next Marino....

Year two reality sets in... Teams have enough game film to know whats going on...

This season Kaepernick is still in the "I took someone elses job" mode... Wait until the off season when SF brings in a few QB's to try out... The high
will go away.
TheOak is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,844
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Fair enough, it could take a few games, a season and two , on and off filed to see what you have there depending on how long the person has been the starter.
Kaepernick has not played a full season. Tebow did not either.

I cannot remember the story of Steve Young.
He was there watching, waiting for a chance being second to Joe Montana.
He chance came and he did well. He went all the away with the 49'ers under the worst pressure of following that qb, Joe Montana.

What was it? Luck? Some real stats and talent of Young? The team and coaching staff ?
All of it I would say.
OldMaid is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #18
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,617
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
I haven't followed the guy much off the field but why is he a punk? I haven't seen anything to led me to that.
Once again I don't follow the guy much
You don't have to follow him only have to watch his last game to see it. For example, didn't slide, took a good hit because of it in the red zone, got up and spiked the ball at the defensive players who hit him (like a punk), 15 yard unsportman penalty.
I'm kinda old school though, I like the players who let their play speak for them. When I say he is a punk, he is one of a huge bunch of young players just like that. He undeniably has great talent and a HUGE arm. He is the starting QB and therefore leader of the team, act like it or go play for the Panthers.
SloMotion likes this.

Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,546
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
You don't have to follow him only have to watch his last game to see it. For example, didn't slide, took a good hit because of it in the red zone, got up and spiked the ball at the defensive players who hit him (like a punk), 15 yard unsportman penalty.
I'm kinda old school though, I like the players who let their play speak for them. When I say he is a punk, he is one of a huge bunch of young players just like that. He undeniably has great talent and a HUGE arm. He is the starting QB and therefore leader of the team, act like it or go play for the Panthers.
I gotta' agree with this sentiment. Let your play do the talking. The one thing I liked best about Barry Sanders was he would just flip the ball to the ref after every touchdown. No dance, no 'in-your-face', he knew how to act like he'd scored before.

When Kaepernick became the starting QB, they started with all the human interest stuff about all the adversity he's faced to become an NFL QB and blah, blah, blah, blah ... and I thought 'rubbish', let's see how the kid handles a little success before we put him on a pedestal.

Looks like he might have a chip on his shoulder, eh?

... this space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,021
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Kaepernick, the new Tebow

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
I gotta' agree with this sentiment. Let your play do the talking. The one thing I liked best about Barry Sanders was he would just flip the ball to the ref after every touchdown. No dance, no 'in-your-face', he knew how to act like he'd scored before.

When Kaepernick became the starting QB, they started with all the human interest stuff about all the adversity he's faced to become an NFL QB and blah, blah, blah, blah ... and I thought 'rubbish', let's see how the kid handles a little success before we put him on a pedestal.

Looks like he might have a chip on his shoulder, eh?
Loved Barry. Did you watch NFL Network's "A Football Life" on Sanders? A great watch.
SloMotion likes this.
iceshack149 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/53174-kaepernick-new-tebow.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Kaepernick, the new Tebow This thread Refback 11-25-2012 07:26 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts