Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Brandon Marshall

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 We are missing a true #1 WR. It's no longer Colston. It clearly isn't Graham. Meachem is gone. Cooks? Stills? Jones? Coleman? Maybe we were grooming SJB this whole time to move BACK to WR???? lol ...

Like Tree10Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #11
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 16,882
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
We are missing a true #1 WR.

It's no longer Colston. It clearly isn't Graham. Meachem is gone.

Cooks? Stills? Jones? Coleman?

Maybe we were grooming SJB this whole time to move BACK to WR???? lol
Yes Colston had a bad season for Marques, let's see what he comes back with, even so...

Look at all the weapons you just mentioned...

Graham, Colston, Cooks, Stills...

Then you've got developing talent like Josh Hill, Nick Toon...

You got the ghost of Lance Moore wanting a release...

Then you've got PT and whatever RB we dig up as UDFA...

There's only one freaking football!!!

We've got to spend that free agent money on an offensive line...

So Brees will have time to settle his confused mind where he wants to geaux with the ball with all those options...

And someone like Brandon Marshall wants the ball every single play, plus the touchdown...

Don't want a pouter-type when a teammate makes the score...

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,876
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Yes Colston had a bad season for Marques, let's see what he comes back with, even so...

Look at all the weapons you just mentioned...

Graham, Colston, Cooks, Stills...

Then you've got developing talent like Josh Hill, Nick Toon...

You got the ghost of Lance Moore wanting a release...

Then you've got PT and whatever RB we dig up as UDFA...

There's only one freaking football!!!

We've got to spend that free agent money on an offensive line...

So Brees will have time to settle his confused mind where he wants to geaux with the ball with all those options...

And someone like Brandon Marshall wants the ball every single play, plus the touchdown...

Don't want a pouter-type when a teammate makes the score...
Developing talent??

Toon and Hill have been here three years each. Neither is a #1 WR

In fact brother, no one you mentioned is a #1.

Yes Marshall wants the ball. He wants it more then Colston and Graham in the last two seasons combined!!
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 01:45 PM   #13
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 16,882
Blog Entries: 28
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Developing talent??

Toon and Hill have been here three years each. Neither is a #1 WR

In fact brother, no one you mentioned is a #1.

Yes Marshall wants the ball. He wants it more then Colston and Graham in the last two seasons combined!!
The point is in this offense, Saints offense, we don't need a No. 1, anybody can be no. 1 any giving week and the opposition never knows where we're going with it...

And I'm not so sure Jimmy isn't a No. 1 which is what got us into trouble at times cause Drewsie wasn't checking down, but forcing it to Graham...
K Major likes this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, AL (via NO and B/R)
Posts: 22,598
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Developing talent??

Toon and Hill have been here three years each. Neither is a #1 WR

In fact brother, no one you mentioned is a #1.

Yes Marshall wants the ball. He wants it more then Colston and Graham in the last two seasons combined!!
Toon three (although one on IR) but Hill has only been here two.

Sorry, I'm an obsessive corrector.
Danno is online now  
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #15
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,986
Re: Brandon Marshall

I like him and the idea is great. However, I'm just not interested in paying for a number 1 receiver if we're not going to fully utilize him in that role... and I don't think we would.
papz is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,788
Re: Brandon Marshall

While I do think we need a receiver, we need to decide where we want to get a OL, in the draft or FA.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 665
Re: Brandon Marshall

Marshall can't even stay put during the season

Flying to NYC for Inside the NFL tapings

What other player takes on that type of distraction?
Audiotom is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #18
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,870
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Developing talent??

Toon and Hill have been here three years each. Neither is a #1 WR

In fact brother, no one you mentioned is a #1.

Yes Marshall wants the ball. He wants it more then Colston and Graham in the last two seasons combined!!
So what is a #1? I hear the term all the time but few people can actually tell me what it is. Is it a certain body type? An attitude? A talent level?

I personally think we have all the recievers we need in our current system. Cooks and Stills are developing. Colston is the crafty veteran and Toon will provide depth.
Crusader is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #19
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,986
Re: Brandon Marshall

I agree. It's not like the Seahawks and Patriots have prototypical number 1's either. We just need players to make plays when their number is called.
papz is offline  
Old 02-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 7,912
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Brandon Marshall

Originally Posted by papz View Post
I agree. It's not like the Seahawks and Patriots have prototypical number 1's either. We just need players to make plays when their number is called.
Exactly. Never would I have thought Julian Edelman (sp) would do as much damage as he did this past off season. This guy is like 5'9 & was absolutely balling.
K Major is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/71020-brandon-marshall.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Brandon Marshall This thread Refback 02-13-2015 08:18 AM 9


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts