Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Green to MIA; Culpepper to be traded

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines I'm sure y'all have seen this, but MIA gave up a 5th round pick for Green. On the heels of that move they told Culpepper that they plan to trade him. I think the Raiders makes the most sense ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
Prediction Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,082
Blog Entries: 2
Green to MIA; Culpepper to be traded

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

I'm sure y'all have seen this, but MIA gave up a 5th round pick for Green. On the heels of that move they told Culpepper that they plan to trade him.

I think the Raiders makes the most sense as a new home for Daunte. It could give Russel a mentor and take some of the pressure off the rook. I could also see ATL as a potential home.

Thoughts?
WhoDat205 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 06-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,890
Blog Entries: 7
I see him going to the Raiders, before going to ATL.

He still hasn't been cleared to play has he?

Kind of a shame, the guy could be a good QB.
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
I'm rooting for Russell so let's not put Daunte with the Raiders. We don't need to teach him how to consistently fumble the football and throw bonehead picks. Put him in Atlanta.
papz is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Posts: 1,679
Originally Posted by SapperSaint View Post
I see him going to the Raiders, before going to ATL.

He still hasn't been cleared to play has he?

Kind of a shame, the guy could be a good QB.
Culpepper was cleared to play yesterday the same day the Fins traded for Green. Ironic!
biloxi-indian is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Williamsburg, VA (aka Southern Canada)
Posts: 1,689
I don't know about culpepper anymore. There was a time when he was playing very well, but his size and mobility were really saving him at times. Now, he has lost that mobility so he'll have to make quicker decisions and I don't see that as being his strong point.

He tore 3 ligaments in his knee and Saban foolishly rushed back onto the field. His confidence has to be shot and who knows if he'll be anything close to where he was physically before the injury. Go ahead and sign him, Falcons!
ScottyRo is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,845
I think he still has gas in the tank. I would not want to see him in ATL.

I am surprised no one has mentioned bringing him here as a backup. He would be a huge upgrade from Martin, and by 2008 Palko will be a solid #2

I only get to 1-2 games a year, but did see Dante & the Vikes upset us in the Dome 4-5 years ago. They scored with less than a minute to go, and then went for 2. Culpepper fumbled the snap, then picked it up and ran it in for thr conversion.
ScottF is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
They scored with less than a minute to go, and then went for 2. Culpepper fumbled the snap, then picked it up and ran it in for thr conversion.

Man, that was a bad one!!! I was there too... Only game I was able to go to that year.
That made for a long ride back to Pcola with my roommate, who's originally from MN, and of course a Vikes fan.
fhotard is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Williamsburg, VA (aka Southern Canada)
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I think he still has gas in the tank. I would not want to see him in ATL.

I am surprised no one has mentioned bringing him here as a backup. He would be a huge upgrade from Martin, and by 2008 Palko will be a solid #2

I only get to 1-2 games a year, but did see Dante & the Vikes upset us in the Dome 4-5 years ago. They scored with less than a minute to go, and then went for 2. Culpepper fumbled the snap, then picked it up and ran it in for thr conversion.
I remember that game too. By the time Culpepper picked up the ball and scored our DT's had been pushed 5 yards into the endzone.

It was all about who wanted it the most at that point. Haz really had 'em motivated, didn't he.
ScottyRo is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,734
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by ScottyRo View Post
I don't know about culpepper anymore. There was a time when he was playing very well, but his size and mobility were really saving him at times. Now, he has lost that mobility so he'll have to make quicker decisions and I don't see that as being his strong point.
That time was when Moss was acting like he knew how to be a WR.. Without a freakish threat like Randall "A stoner gathers no" Moss, he's just M. Vick + 100lbs

IMHO: Candidates include but are not limited to; AZ JAX ATL
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 480
I know a good team for Culpepper with lots of veterans on it.

NFL Network. Bye Culpepper, thanks for playing in the NFL.
WillMacKenzie is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts