Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

this may have been our bear killer last yr...........

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregis...890.xml&coll=3...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,879
this may have been our bear killer last yr...........

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregis...890.xml&coll=3
ssmitty is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,889
I don't know about you ssmitty, but I'm hoping to see Harper and KK back there together this year. I think that would be a sick nasty combination.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,992
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
a sick nasty combination.
I expect to hear that over and over this season!!
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31
bear killer

Harper and KK will be "BEAST" in our secondary. This defense will surprise a lot of people this season.
avlsaint55 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
David will be another nice addition. 3 more ballhawks in the secondary should improve our odds. The O having a short field from turnovers would spell doom for some opponents, forcing them into playing catch up.That's when the DL tees off. Predator is a solid CB, and Thomas can handle nickle duties just fine. I must credit the FO for doing everything possible to fill in missing pieces.

Speaking of Ds teeing off, I felt Deuce would've been the Bear killer. We played into the Bears' hands by being impatient with the run. When facing elite Ds, sometimes it's best to just hammer away, then utilize the art of surprise. Nothing wrong with 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. That wears down Ds, and I pity any secondary players scrapping with Deuce.

A battered secondary would be vunerable for the sudden deep pass. After a couple series of plugging away, come back out tossing it around. We didn't keep them guessing, as is Payton's usual mantra. Lovie isn't the one to line up and force your will upon.
Nemesis is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,750
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
David will be another nice addition. 3 more ballhawks in the secondary should improve our odds. The O having a short field from turnovers would spell doom for some opponents, forcing them into playing catch up.That's when the DL tees off. Predator is a solid CB, and Thomas can handle nickle duties just fine. I must credit the FO for doing everything possible to fill in missing pieces.

Speaking of Ds teeing off, I felt Deuce would've been the Bear killer. We played into the Bears' hands by being impatient with the run. When facing elite Ds, sometimes it's best to just hammer away, then utilize the art of surprise. Nothing wrong with 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. That wears down Ds, and I pity any secondary players scrapping with Deuce.

A battered secondary would be vunerable for the sudden deep pass. After a couple series of plugging away, come back out tossing it around. We didn't keep them guessing, as is Payton's usual mantra. Lovie isn't the one to line up and force your will upon.
And we forget, coming out of Nebraska, Josh Bullocks was considered a ball hawk. If he can step it up after his sophomore slump, this secondary has the potential to be a pick machine, especially with the hopefully improved CB play.
Danno is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by avlsaint55 View Post
Harper and KK will be "BEAST" in our secondary. This defense will surprise a lot of people this season.
I agree but lets see how it plays out.
I personaly hate making predictions about the up and coming season

because the second I think we are going to be unstoppableā€¦
well,,,
it all goes south if you know what I mean.
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
And we forget, coming out of Nebraska, Josh Bullocks was considered a ball hawk. If he can step it up after his sophomore slump, this secondary has the potential to be a pick machine, especially with the hopefully improved CB play.
I'm honestly hearing Bullock's stock is falling, but we'll see what he does with his reps during games.
Nemesis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts